IDIOTIC THINGS YOU BELIEVED AS A CHILD

Pages: first 12 next last
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
When I was in kindergarten or so, I thought girls' belly buttons were their vaginas, and that every time a woman was wearing a two-piece bathing suit or an outfit with a visible middrift, she didn't realize I could see her privates.

Also I thought that when actors were killed in plays, they really died, and their family was sent a lot of money for their performance. I knew violence on TV was fake, but was confused by live theatre.

I SHARED, NOW IT IS YOUR TURN
"When I was in kindergarten or so, I thought girls' belly buttons were their vaginas" - AHAHAHAHAHA

*coughs*

On topic: Who else but Santa Claus? :3
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
That's not idiotic. It's just an evil conspiracy of the grown-ups to make children behave well. It's EVIL!!!!
...I am not the only one who though belly buttons were vaginas :') I am not alone
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
I don't know about you people, but I didn't know what vaginas were in kindergarten. We got some sick minds here... :P
Despite
When the going gets tough, go fuck yourself.
I believed in Krampus and all the stories in this book :http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Struwwelpeter

Also the christkindl.

wikki it bitches.

yea its only make believe characters, I had other shit but im too tired....zzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Nightowl
Remember when I actually used to make games? Me neither.
I used to think that spiders lived in lampshades.
The spreaders of misinformation is often dads. So I thought that the speed limit started when you saw the traffic sign. So when you saw the sign that said "80" you could drive 80 km/h. This was when I asked because my dad was speeding.

Another was that small pieces of onion in sauce was apparently clumps of flour because there's no way I'd be eating onions. But since it was only flour I suppose it was okay.

And of course all the misconceptions about sex. Like for example I thought it was required to have sex over the whole nine months otherwise there'd be no baby.
Caz
LET'SBIAN DO THIS.
Oh god, I was such a gullible child.. However this is the only thing that comes to mind right now, probably due to the trauma:

When I was really little - probably about 3 - I used to love playing with sand/various craft materials. Well, this one time I had this really cool RAINBOW SAND.. which I accidentally got in my mouth and ate some of. My brother and sister convinced me I had a week to live. I believed them..
I would always rush and burst into my bedroom or try to sneak in quietly in hopes of seeing my very own Toy Story. I'm disappointed to this day that I never caught them running about :(
author=LockeZ
When I was in kindergarten or so, I thought girls' belly buttons were their vaginas, and that every time a woman was wearing a two-piece bathing suit or an outfit with a visible middrift, she didn't realize I could see her privates.

That's nothing, I thought girls had dicks until I was 5 or 6. I thought that the baby delivering stork was real.
My dad told me that when I was really young that I have to eat the fish head and eat the brains too so I can learn how to swim.

I believed him until I hit age 13.

That rice was literally made from sweat and tears of their suffering and a certain portion of their lifespan so I shouldn't waste it. (in a way it is true I guess <_<;;; )

And that beer was pee so I wouldn't be an alcoholic.

My dad knows how to manipulate when we were kids :<
author=Archeia_Nessiah

Hahaha, you must have been pretty grossed out as a kid whenever he'd have a drink!
I thought that if I left the Super Nintendo on for too long it would overheat and explode. Me and my friend were in the middle of a game of Turtles in Time and had to go to the store but didn't want to lose our progress. We expected to see his house burning when we got back ha
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
author=Link_2112
I thought that if I left the Super Nintendo on for too long it would overheat and explode.

My mom still thinks this is true
I remember a D.A.R.E officer talking about the evils of drugs, especially cocaine and how addictive it was. This was right about the time my mom started using a sugar bowl on the dining room table. I'd never seen sugar in granule form. I snuck a taste of that strange white powdery stuff the adults put in their drinks. It was really good. I couldn't stop. I kept dipping in with a finger, then a spoon. I remember thinking "Oh no, I'm hooked on cocaine!"

Then my mom showed me how to make lemonade, and I felt both relieved and like a big idiot when she got to the "now we add the sugar" part.

My dad also used to tell me a story about how I could get new legs if I went to sleep. I used to get terrible leg cramps/growing pains if I ran around a lot, and he'd tell me a story about me getting new legs until I fell asleep. When I woke up in the morning, my legs felt normal again - so for a while I thought I was really going through legs in a hurry.

Then one day I tore a big chunk out of my thigh climbing over a chain link fence (with the points facing up) and asked my dad if I could get my new pair of legs early so I could go ride bikes with my friends. Reality came crashing down and I learned what a tetanus shot was.

I also learned that, for some reason, certain injuries do not hurt at all until you look at them, then once you do, they hurt a lot and will not stop. For a long time.
Oh god. So many. When I was 10 was when I was thinking all the really funny stuff, but most of it is pretty embarassing. 1 of which being I believed sex was you peeing into the other person. Though, how about some things that weren't from when I was 10.

I used to believe that mario was a real person and that if I let him die he was replaced with clones of himself. I used to think yellow snow was sno-cone flavoring. So much eating of yellow snow occured. I used to think I was the only one who ever actually thought.
NOACCEPTANCE772
And the ability to summon the "Office Whores" to deal damage to the enemies.
author=UPRC
author=LockeZ
That's nothing, I thought girls had dicks until I was 5 or 6. I thought that the baby delivering stork was real.
author=Archeia_Nessiah
My dad told me that when I was really young that I have to eat the fish head and eat the brains too so I can learn how to swim.

I believed him until I hit age 13.

That rice was literally made from sweat and tears of their suffering and a certain portion of their lifespan so I shouldn't waste it. (in a way it is true I guess <_<;;; )

My dad knows how to manipulate when we were kids :<
author=UPRC
author=Archeia_Nessiah
Hahaha, you must have been pretty grossed out as a kid whenever he'd have a drink!
author=Link_2112
I thought that if I left the Super Nintendo on for too long it would overheat and explode. Me and my friend were in the middle of a game of Turtles in Time and had to go to the store but didn't want to lose our progress. We expected to see his house burning when we got back ha
All these I quoted, happened to me. ;>.>
I also thought that girls had dicks but that was until I read a "Very detailed book".(v_v')
I really wanted to believe that my parents did not create me that way.
When I was a little kid I believed everything would go okay for me when I got older
Pages: first 12 next last