OLYMPICS 2012

Pages: first 123 next last
Tau
RMN sex symbol

London 2012 Olympic Website

(The opening ceremony was good, this part cracked me up though)

The last Olympics before the world ends - let's have a thread to cover any discussion/news/etc that happens over the next couple weeks.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
I completely missed the opening. We were playing frizbee golf. :(
Who cares about the opening anyway? It's the actual sport that is the proper parts. Air Pistol and Air Rifle for the win! Now I just need to get home in time so I get to watch it and not just listen on the radio.
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
Really enjoyed the opening until the obligatory 'Hey Jude' finale. *cringe*

High hopes for Team GB; seen a couple of events today and the Brits seem to have featured in most of them. Whoop.
I missed the opening ceremony too. :[ And haha him taking a picture of himself in the middle of the performance xD
Tau
RMN sex symbol
The biggest sporting event in the world and people are still talking about this. Admittedly she is gorgeous and that guy cracks me up.

Can't wait for long jump, swimming, 100m, cycling, rowing and volleyball to start up. What about you guys, what are you looking forward to?
I dunno man, since Guo Jingjing's retired, I'm not sure if I'll watch the diving or not. Will probably watch the women's weightlifting and swimming. Also heard that the women's boxing is included for the first time! :)
benos
My mind is full of fuck.
Heh, I barely care about the Olympics, but I might try to catch some of it.
Yellow Magic
Judo's been surprisingly good so far, despite 99% of matches going into Golden Scores. Fascinating sport.
Pablo Carrera from the 10m shooting, dayum! <3 <3 <3 Also Ukraine's not bad too. Such intense concentration from South Korea :o
Yellow Magic
South Korea were totally bossing the men's archery. Can't believe they were beaten by the US.

Meanwhile, women's fencing is going on. Awesome stuff. Seriously thinking about taking up the sport somehow.

EDIT: University has a fencing society. Score.
hoped that team Philippines will win. and the opening ceremony was awesome...
offtopic: really you think 2012 is the end of the world your wrong!!!
Godsdammit. Is it some kind of conspiracy that my internet provider decided to have problems with the lines just as the Olympics started? I can't watch any of the EBU streams and I was really looking forward to it too!

For now I'm forced to listen to radio. But on the radio I won't be able to watch the Women's 10m Air Pistol final!
NOACCEPTANCE772
And the ability to summon the "Office Whores" to deal damage to the enemies.
author=Shinan
Godsdammit. Is it some kind of conspiracy that my internet provider decided to have problems with the lines just as the Olympics started? I can't watch any of the EBU streams and I was really looking forward to it too!

For now I'm forced to listen to radio. But on the radio I won't be able to watch the Women's 10m Air Pistol final!

Cuz they're also watching it DUH!
Can't believe Michael Phelps got 4th. Breeja Larson and Rebbeca Soni both got in though (women's swimming).
KingArthur
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ De-facto operator of the unofficial RMN IRC channel.
Unlike most people out there I'm largely uninterested in the Olympics as a sporting event, as I view it as a traditional event arguing for (albeit temporary) world peace, the sports is just an after thought and the Olympics hold no value to me if someone's still out there waging wars or just plain out having poisonous disagreements.
Been watching the women's gymnastics. Cheering for Russia and China. :) Was fascinated a bit by Viktoria Komova until I saw her favorite book & movie being Twilight... well, she's 17 if that helps...
Lochte just blew the last leg of the 400 free relay. Unreal.
Yellow Magic
^Aaah what. Poor guy. Well, at least he beat Phelps..

Was just noticing how China are dominating the Olympics...in more ways than one, thanks to Chinese-Americans and the like. They really are everywhere, haha.
Just went back to my room and caught a glance of Tom Daley on the tv... wow <3 <3 <3
Pages: first 123 next last