MEGAMAN X

Pages: 1
Has anyone ever thought of tapping into the mountain of potential storyline(a lot of it already laid out) that could be a Megaman X RPG? Imagine going through the world with Megaman and Zero, fighting Mavericks to acquire gear/power-ups(maybe bosses could drop their elemental power-ups as a spell.) I realize these ideas are horribly incomplete, but maybe I'll inspire someone who actually knows what they are doing ;D
I know there is at least one Flash game out there that is a MMX RPG, though I never really played because despite its great looks it has crappy gameplay.

Capcom also released Megaman X Command Mission, an RPG on the PS2/Gamecube. It is a rather underrated game. It is placed somewhere after Megaman X7 on the timeline but it doesn't star Sigma.

As a long time fan of the series I did think of making a Megaman X RPG several times and I have a few incomplete design documents I wrote throughout the years. I wouldn't want to remake MMX 1-8 in RPG format though, because I wouldn't be able to change the storyline and characters much (and that's what I'm mostly interested in when developing a remake).
If I ever start developing a MMX RPG, it would probably be a spin-off or a sequel/prequel to the entire series. It won't happen anytime soon.
Yea I can definitely see having gameplay issues. If it were me I would make the game turn based ;D I was thinking it would be in the setting of the first Mega Man X and starting with Sigma, Zero, and X chasing after Vile and other Mavericks while showing signs of Sigma beginning to "turn into" a Maverick.

Then something like X trying to find Sigma while taking down his maverick army, with a few cut scenes where you control Zero(until his inevitable demise).

Sure is fun to think about ;P
I thought about making a Mega Man fangame many years ago, but resources were too much of a problem and it never went anywhere. It's not a bad idea though. If MMX Command Mission taught us anything, it's that decent Mega Man RPGs ARE possible.
There could be a charge shot system too... one turn: aoe shot two turns: aoe shot with a *burn* type status effect... Although everyone knows charge attacks rarely work out in turn based RPGs(except in boss fights) ^_^'
author=UPRC
If MMX Command Mission taught us anything, it's that decent Mega Man RPGs ARE possible.

I would probably play that instead of some RM fangame.
Everyone check out Megaman X Corruption. Its a fan game, not an RPG, but it looks like what x4-x6 SHOULD have been. Goes to show that fangames can indeed surpass some of the later sequels.

On topic:
I think an action/RPG would be more suited to mega man X's fast paced style.
A walking mega man x sprite seems so...lethargic compared to the energy of the games.
Dashing, Wall climbing, and charge/shooting are integral to the experience.
Combine those with some more RPG elements and I think it would work.
Yeah I'm pretty excited about Megaman X Corruption. But it has not yet been released.
I think X4 to X6 are fine though :P (mostly X4 anyway, since it didn't fuck the armor parts system).
yeah, corruption has been in progress a while now, looks so sick!

as for the later X games- gameplay wise, maybe they're alright. Aesthetically and musically, COME ON. what a let down. Begining of the synth/pop/cutesy bubbley ps1 mega man age. barf.

it just lost some of the charm.

side note: im in a metal band that plays music from the mega man x series (1-3, specifically).
facebook.com/thexhunters
check it out!

author=Dookie
side note: im in a metal band that plays music from the mega man x series (1-3, specifically).
facebook.com/thexhunters
check it out!
What do you play?
Pages: 1