INSPIRATION

Pages: 1
RMN first caught my eye by a game called I Miss the Sunrise. It looked very interesting, and it would take real skill to make an awesome game like that... While looking at the game I decided "Hey, why don't I make a game myself?!", so I signed up. I'm a novice, so I guess the game won't be TOO good. I'm refraining myself to just RPG 2009. I hope I can get supporters of this game, and does anyone know where I should go for resources? Well, I have a life so I won't spend days at a time working on it, so it will take a while for me to make the game. I just want to have fun making and playing games, that's all.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
You never know what you can do until you try. And on that note, welcome to RMN! Share your creativity with us!
Making games is fun! Welcome to RMN!
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
Good Project! Welcome and enjoy it here!
Ahoy there, Hope you like the community ;)
Thx, and the website looks awesome, and yes the game has been really fun to make so far! I made up a name for the game; Dark Age. What do you think of it?
Also one last thing: Do you know a good place to make custom face sets, sprites, and battle sprites? I really don't want to use RTP stuff, as you call it because hardly anyone likes a RTP RPG Game, right?
If you use the RTP correctly it can be quite effective, but if you are going for a darker game, it's probably best to go with rips or custom graphics (or editing the RTP to be darker). That said, there's a lot of sites out there with graphics you can find - just remember to try and keep them as close in style as possible so that they don't look disjointed.
But most of all... the most important thing of all... have freaking fun.

And welcome, by the way~
Yeah, I did search the only problem is the only one I could find for RPG Maker 2003 was the chara generator and a website to make characters but only their sprite, not face sets or battle sprites. Oh! I never noticed those tabs, then I can do it! Thx, everyone!
Pages: 1