POKEMON X AND POKEMON Y - THE 6TH GENERATION CONFIRMED!

author=Little Wing Guy
I'm probably wrong, but I don't think there's actually going to be a full 6th generation. I remember reading somewhere that Nintendo were going to be focusing on integrating and destroying the separation between generations in future games (with the exception of starters and legendaries). Might not be true, just something I heard.

You mean like reducing the number of pokemon available in game from previous generations? Or like...just outright killing previous generations off, like saying, "we will no longer be using or promoting pokemon from generation 1."

Either way, I wouldn't be too surprised. The trailer for X and Y showed pokemon from older generations only, other than the two legendaries and the starters. I know it's because they probably don't want to show any of the other new pokemon yet, but it could be taken as a hint.

author=Zeuzio
Welp...I guess I might have to go with the fire starter this time. Usually I go with grass but that one just looks...derpy. :x

I honestly find the fire-starter (at least the first form) is the coolest looking one this time around. However, I always pick the water starter--it's my tradition. lol.

That tradition was temporarily broken in the 4th generation. I really don't like Piplup/Empoleon. I actually don't like ANY of the Diamond/Pearl starters...

...in fact, I think the 4th generation was the most forgettable generation. I really didn't like it all that much.
I dislike how they don't include every Pokemon in the newer games. Making them trade-only sucks for completionists.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Unexcited and unsurprised. Pokemon has a target market. Said market will probably spend their summer break trying to find Shiny Tupigs as usual. Pokemon is the same as always, as people keep saying, but changing the formula is like making Kirby suddenly a bloodthirsty clown.
author=Dudesoft
Unexcited and unsurprised. Pokemon has a target market. Said market will probably spend their summer break trying to find Shiny Tupigs as usual. Pokemon is the same as always, as people keep saying, but changing the formula is like making Kirby suddenly a bloodthirsty clown.

I agree there hasn't been any major or interesting changes since just about it's inception, but I don't really think there needs to be. After this long, any major change would probably hurt the series. It's just they've got a target audience, like you said, who enjoy the formula. The minute changes they make every iteration is enough to satiate fans, including myself.
Dudesoft
I happen to rather enjoy the pokemon franchise. Not only because it holds a lot of memories for me, but because I can mindlessly play it while doing other things! I like collecting too--as seen easily by my collections of video games, and a few other things. Pokemon is the ultimate collection game!
Nightowl
Remember when I actually used to make games? Me neither.
Wow gee, it's the same rehashed excretion with different tweaks. What an interesting twist of fates.
you already posted that on the last page

I don't like pokemon either but at this point it's like you're just trying to seem edgy
"trying" is the #1 way to become not-edgy.
author=mawk

I don't like pokemon either but at this point it's like you're just trying to seem edgy

author=kentona
"trying" is the #1 way to become not-edgy.

Haha, yeah, so I'm not the only one who noticed. Bait. Not taking it. ;)
Nightowl
author=mawk

I don't really keep a track of what I post.
Edgy? No, man, I don't even feel like a geometrical shape.

author=Kat
Haha, yeah, so I'm not the only one who noticed. Bait. Not taking it. ;)

I'm not really sure what do luring substances have anything to do with me.
how to evade criticism without fail: pretend to be an idiot who doesn't understand anything anyone said
Nightowl
Sounds like a great book idea, Mawk.
author=Mitsuhide_The_Vagrant
I agree there hasn't been any major or interesting changes since just about it's inception

i dunno, i think stuff like breeding, holding items, more elements, and multi-pokemon battles are big enough to say it's changing to be more interesting. there's more online stuff, too. now 3d. maybe even more i don't know about because i haven't played them all. there's some kind of show thing, where you dress them up with top hats and flowers and try and impress judges. (ok, maybe you don't find that interesting, but i'm sure lots of ppl do)

sure you still catch pokemon in fields and battle trainers and fight team whatever. but how the game plays, and the scope of the RPG elements, is changing quite a bit. they wouldn't change the big ones because then it wouldn't be pokemon. actually, they do sometimes change things but release it as a different game. like mystery dungeon.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
I just read online that this game includes trainer customization.

About damn time.
Dudesoft
Why not checkers and plaid?
Looking forward to this. Can't say I've ever been disappointed by a Pokemon game save for Pokemon Trozei which I wasn't expecting to be what it was. Maybe I'm just an optimist, but isn't adding 100 new Pokemon change enough? I mean, competitively, it changes how the game plays and there really aren't any best Pokemon. Anyway, I can't wait to love this~<3
*sigh* I remember WAY back into the first generation when you can have the last evolution of a Pokemon and it would be at least decent. I'm surprised they can think up of 100 new Pokemon.

Hopefully though, they won't follow the pattern of: every Pokedex expatiation will be larger than the last.
So it now getting hard for me to complete my pokedex. *Sigh*
who want free shinyJust a joke but my lucky strike on getting shiny is good.
But getting the console is not my problem. Because I already have a 3DS system since it's first month of release.
Despite
When the going gets tough, go fuck yourself.
These new pokemon look more and more fucking stupid.