[RM2K3]CHANGING BATTLE CHARSETS DURING THE GAME?

Pages: 1
Hello! I've got another thing that I'm puzzling over, and I've decided to ask you guys for help.

I'd like my characters to have their currently equipped weapon shown during the skill/tech animations - that requires me to use the extra animation slots in battle characters in the poses subsection (I'm using battle animations in their place, though). While there's enough slots to cover all techniques for one character, the available number is nowhere near the amount I'd need for all the weapon variants.

Is it possible to change battle charsets during the game, using events? Obviously, I'm asking for any "out of the box" solutions, because Rpgmaker doesn't have an event command for this. Changing class command does change the Hero's stats but not his battle character. The only workaround I thought of, is making clones of the heroes with different battlechar selected but it's tedious as hell - all my battles are called from events, so it's easy to set up the proper "clones" and make sure their stats and equipment etc. are proper, but for any character specific checks/code in events, I'd have to copy the code for every variance of the character.

Is there another "stock" method to tackle this? If not, is DynRPG capable of doing this, or is it possible to go the other way around - expand the number of available battle character poses in Rm2k3 itself (The whole idea might require a large amount like 100-200 per battle character)
As long as you aren't trying to change the battle char during a battle I know you can switch out their classes to do this as long as you aren't using the classes as a well class.

As long as all the characters stats/skills are provided for on the character itself just switch the class based on what weapon they have equipped and have it keep level/stats. The class battle char should take over the original.
Oh bloody hell!

I've been testing it in battle only for convenience - it works outside of the battle just fine! Since all battles are called from events in my project, this fixes my problem :)

Thank you very much and sorry for bothering!
Pages: 1