SCREENSHOT OF THE MAP AS A BATTLEBACK HELP.

Pages: 1
class Spriteset_Battle
def create_battleback
source = $game_temp.background_bitmap
bitmap = Bitmap.new(640, 480)
bitmap.stretch_blt(bitmap.rect, source, source.rect)
@battleback_sprite = Sprite.new(@viewport1)
@battleback_sprite.bitmap = bitmap
@battleback_sprite.ox = 320
@battleback_sprite.oy = 240
@battleback_sprite.x = 272
@battleback_sprite.y = 176
end
end

I got this script from another site. It's suppose to take a screenshot of the map your currently on, and use that as a battleback for a random battle. problem is, when i put it in the script editor and then go to try it out. the background is just a black screen with the enemies and my characters on it. Might anybody help me with this?
I need help also i have no idea how to post screen shots
let alone how to post my game it just wont let me
author=Blackrain
I need help also i have no idea how to post screen shots
let alone how to post my game it just wont let me

well, i can help you with the screenshot thing. I just use the Snipping Tool that comes in the computer. you have to upload the picture to your locker before you can post it here. at least, that's how i know how to do it.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
@Blackrain: Don't post in other people's topics saying you have unrelated questions man, just make your own topic

@DrJeckal: That script looks unlikely to work since it's pulling the viewport from the battle screen, instead of the map screen. I wonder if the writer tested it...

Here's one that should work, assuming you're using RPG Maker VX Ace:
http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/9578-using-the-current-map-as-the-battleback/

VX Ace is just a random guess though. In the future please let us know what program you're using, otherwise it can be quite difficult to provide a working answer!
author=LockeZ
Here's one that should work, assuming you're using RPG Maker VX Ace:
http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/9578-using-the-current-map-as-the-battleback/

VX Ace is just a random guess though. In the future please let us know what program you're using, otherwise it can be quite difficult to provide a working answer!

yea, its VX Ace. ill give that script a shot.

Edit: ... i don't understand what he means by "change the switch".
Pages: 1