LET'S PLAY! FINAL FANTASY IV EDITION! ALSO A GENERAL FINAL FANTASY DISCUSSION TOPIC

author=Shadowtext link=topic=1303.msg38008#msg38008 date=1224034401
...first playthrough, though? Move to a new area and get ANNIHILATED was basically the rule.

This is what happened when I first went to the Lunar Subterrain. It took a while to figure out strategies for most encounters (and to run from Armoured Fiends). That and a few extra levels went a long way to making that area tolerable, and getting the various weapons made it that much easier.

Most areas weren't too bad with exception to a few encounters. Ice/Frost Beasts could murder a party if they used their party-hitting attack.
You guys are making me seriously want to play FFIV DS! I wanted to play it before, but the fact remains that I was severly upset by how EASY the GBA game turned out to be. That may have also come from the major change at the very end of the game.

I did finish that extra Lunar Dungeon or whatnot, except with Edge.
author=Shadowtext link=topic=1303.msg37969#msg37969 date=1224027667
author=Feldschlacht IV link=topic=1303.msg37941#msg37941 date=1224022187
FFIV IS kinda easy
Try the DS version.

Yeah, i found the last boss to be way too hard and it took me forever to beat him.
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
UPDAAATTTEEE... UUUPPPDAAATE...

Please? We beg of you! For the love of all things awesome, UPDATE!

I'll give you cookies.
author=ChaosProductions link=topic=1303.msg38296#msg38296 date=1224123759
UPDAAATTTEEE... UUUPPPDAAATE...

Please? We beg of you! For the love of all things awesome, UPDATE!

I'll give you cookies.

And I'll give cupcakes decorated with FFIV characters.
This isn't an update (suck it (well, at least not yet)), but it's a treat; if you've ever wanted to know what Golbez looks like, here's some official artwork of him from FF4; The After. Obviously if you've never played FF4 you probably shouldn't click this.

LouisCyphre
Looks like the Conan artwork.
LouisCyphre
You know, just to liven this topic up a bit, and to help move it along, I give you this:

Kimahri Ronso is badass.

Wakka is not.

Anyone disagree?
Asa will disagree that to the end of the earth, actually. Personally, Kimahri didn't bother me so much, he was just... there.

MY FFX character was Auron. I used a team of Auron, Lulu, and Yuna and that was about it, unless absolutely nessicary. I never, ever used Rikku except to play decoy. God I hated that girl. *grunt*
Everyone hates Rikku at first. Everyone. Hell, I did.

...Until they realize she's one of the (if not the) strongest/most useful people in the game.
author=Feldschlacht IV link=topic=1303.msg39405#msg39405 date=1224774521

...Until they realize she's one of the (if not the) strongest/most useful people in the game.

Mix was the best overdrive, I agree. Nearly unlimited potential.

Really? It was instant love with me and Rikku. She's the only one from the game I still remember.

And FF4 was my favorite game as a kid. I replayed it so many times it's not even funny. I was just playing it about a few years ago. It was better than that boring ass game that followed it.
author=Yeaster link=topic=1303.msg39410#msg39410 date=1224780450

Really? It was instant love with me and Rikku. She's the only one from the game I still remember.

And FF4 was my favorite game as a kid. I replayed it so many times it's not even funny. I was just playing it about a few years ago. It was better than that boring ass game that followed it.

Hey, give FF5 credit where its due. Gilgamesh, the awesome goof-ball lacky with the most badass boss theme in FF history, and a very balanced job system made FF5 stand out from the crowd. Yeah, given the story wasn't all that great considering the final boss was a gigantic... umm, SPOLIER.

Personally, Gilgamesh is one of my favorite bosses in video games. FF5 was overall lackluster, I agree. But man! Clash on the Bridge! That always gets my blood pumpin'!
FF5 had some of the best gameplay in the entire series hands down.
author=Feldschlacht IV link=topic=1303.msg39423#msg39423 date=1224788029
FF5 had some of the best gameplay in the entire series hands down.

No kidding.

Much like Saga Frontier 2 you play for the story (and that's it), you'll probably play FF5 for the gameplay.

And Gilgamesh.
It never really grabbed my interest.

It wasn't bad....just forgettable.
I didn't mind Rikku at all during FFX. But my favourite character would have to be Tidus. His one of the only main characters i like besides Cloud.
When it comes to cool FF characters the guy who became party leader by not caring and sleeping during the party leader 'crisis' is obviously the top dog. The only problem is he was leader for only so long :(
LouisCyphre
UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE!

...Please?