LET'S PLAY! FINAL FANTASY IV EDITION! ALSO A GENERAL FINAL FANTASY DISCUSSION TOPIC

FFX should be ranked as one of man kind's greatest atrocities. Not really, but it was still pretty terrible.

Much like Saga Frontier 2 you play for the story (and that's it), you'll probably play FF5 for the gameplay.

You played the first half of Saga frontier 2 for the story, and you finish it because you're a masochist.
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
No, I reiterate, X-2 was terrible.

X is for those who like gameplay, not story. And Seymour, who's fucking nuts.
Yeah Final Fantasy X-2 was one of the worst games i've played but X was just plain awesome all round.
author=ChaosProductions link=topic=1303.msg41424#msg41424 date=1225657197

This is ironic, since X-2 had better gameplay.

Having said that, they are both pretty crappy imo. =)
author=Karsuman link=topic=1303.msg41491#msg41491 date=1225675999
author=ChaosProductions link=topic=1303.msg41424#msg41424 date=1225657197

This is ironic, since X-2 had better gameplay.

Having said that, they are both pretty crappy imo. =)

I hated FFX-2's almost everything, but the battle system was so fast and the changing classes on the fly was fun. I just wanted a GUY in the party for shit's sake. Not a fan of all girl teams...
X is the best non-16 bit Final Fantasy.

I'd love to play it again.
Does anyone still care about this?
LouisCyphre
author=ChaosProductions link=topic=1303.msg41413#msg41413 date=1225653160
UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE!

...Please?
I stand by this statement.
author=Feldschlacht IV link=topic=1303.msg48320#msg48320 date=1228173958
Does anyone still care about this?

I do but we need an update.

Anyway, who does everyone think is the best final fantasy character so far?
LouisCyphre
Tau
RMN sex symbol
What the hell was the point of that post CP. Also this is still going, should try shorter game when you know you have time to get through it.. Like Mirror's Edge or a Sonic game?
Anyone else looking forward to XIII. It's now coming out on 360 as well.
LouisCyphre
Question mark DD, QUESTION MARK.

I don't have high hopes for it. If it turns out to be good, I'll be surprised.
Final Fantasy died after IX as far as I'm concerned, even though I have enjoyed a few spinoffs like Ring of Fates. The main series just tanked after that. I played X, I played X-2. I liked X-2 more than X because the battles were more fun. X's gameplay shot itself in the balls, and I HATED the sphere grid... and I didn't really like XII whatsoever.

*shrug* And I liked VIII more than ALL OF THOSE!
author=suzuricho link=topic=1303.msg48478#msg48478 date=1228210638
Final Fantasy died after IX as far as I'm concerned, even though I have enjoyed a few spinoffs like Ring of Fates. The main series just tanked after that. I played X, I played X-2. I liked X-2 more than X because the battles were more fun. X's gameplay shot itself in the balls, and I HATED the sphere grid... and I didn't really like XII whatsoever.

*shrug* And I liked VIII more than ALL OF THOSE!

Oh man, I'm surprised you liked X-2. My main quip about the whole thing was "WHEE PRETTY OUTFITS!" I mean, I like clothes as much as the next girl, but I take some issue with wardrobe changes being the major strategy in this game.

I played FFXI almost religiously. It was at the point where I had a real problem. I wasn't doing anything else. MMOs have that effect on me, which is why I refuse to ever play WoW.

Anyway, does anyone remember Mystic Quest? God I loved that game as a kid, and I have no idea why. >.>
I never really liked XI as much as i do the rest. After playing X almost non stop i was really looking forward to this but it just never interested me like the rest.
I'll probably get FF13 when it goes for $20-$30 unless it sounds like the next KH2/DoC. They aren't great games, but they're still alright games.
author=GreatRedSpirit link=topic=1303.msg48587#msg48587 date=1228256452
I'll probably get FF13 when it goes for $20-$30 unless it sounds like the next KH2/DoC. They aren't great games, but they're still alright games.

Bingo. I'm not paying full price for an FF anymore unless it's something that really catches me when I first hear about it.
I'm really fed up of Final Fantasy at the moment, I'm not looking forward to 13 at all. The main character has been described as a female Cloud Strife...oh goody, can't wait now.

Final Fantasy hit an iceburg at 10-2 and sank at 12 (see what I did thar?).
There is going to be multiple final fantasy XIII games coming out which i am excited about. I think the battle system is going to be similar to the one in Last Remnent which was using the "unreal" engine.