LOOKING FOR A BATTLE SPRITE ARTIST!! RM2K3

Pages: 1
Yo! So I am looking for one more team member for a game I am wanting to make in RM2K3.

I need a Battle Sprite Artist. We have designs for characters and the over world sprites are finished but none of us are that good at battle sprites. We are hoping for a unique style in this aspect to make the game just a little more original. If accepted I will send you the over world sprites we have of characters already made.

Now for a bit about the game: It is set in the future of our own world. To sum it up quickly: Meteors fell leaving a gas all over the earth that changed the world drastically, if gave everyone a power (but that were all different, no one has the same power and all the powers fit together logical meaning no one can fly and turn into metal, one or the other).
One hundred year later because of the meteors and something known as Yaoke (I won't get into that, it's more part of the lore and doesn't play a role other than that... for this game at least) the world banded together and was ruled under one man (because his power was so OP, but again that doesn't have much to do with the main part of the story).
On the anniversary of the day the meteors fell a group known as purists made an assault starting a war. The claim all users (people with a power) are Satanists and have defied God by taking these powers.

Thanks for reading! I look forward to seeing who replies!
If you have something other than the RTP Map tiles, then I'd consider being
the Mapper.
author=Ven01273
If you have something other than the RTP Map tiles, then I'd consider being
the Mapper.

Planning on getting some just haven't quite looked into it yet, I was hoping the mapper might have some preferred tile sets, or at least a few in mind. In which, any suggestions?
author=Rixel96
Planning on getting some just haven't quite looked into it yet, I was hoping the mapper might have some preferred tile sets, or at least a few in mind. In which, any suggestions?

Unfortunately, I don't use 2K3 too often, so I can't make any suggestions.
author=Ven01273
author=Rixel96
Unfortunately, I don't use 2K3 too often, so I can't make any suggestions.

I see. Well I plan to do some digging myself, so no worries on that. If you're still interested that'd be great (thing is we have the general idea down, battle system ideas read, and basically everything set up to make a demo which is what we are wanting to do to sort of create a fan base while the rest of the game is being produce.) and if you'd like to know some detail on the game to see if it's a project you'd be interested it just ask. (I can post on here or in a PM, which ever works)
Regarding chipsets, a quick look at The Charas Project and The Spriter's Resource are likely to help a lot in picking something.

I would like to work both with Pixel Art and Cutscenes, however, due to the fact that I am unknowing of the project's nature (story, number of characters, number of cutscenes, etc.) that becomes quite hard... Not to mention that my free time is limited. Anyways, if it is something simple & slow enough, I could lend a hand!
But in such a case I would have to review the project first and put my finger here and there if necessary, if the game is somehow poorly packaged / doesn't fit my standards.

I really recommend writing a sum of the project's story, atmosphere, etc. for it helps to see if an artist will want to work with you.

Also, in 2k3 you are talking about an Eventer, not a Script Writer. AAAAAND a Script Writer is actually the guy who writes the plots, if we were talking about VXPA, it would be "Scripter" =]
author=JosephSeraph
Regarding chipsets, a quick look at The Charas Project and The Spriter's Resource are likely to help a lot in picking something.

I would like to work both with Pixel Art and Cutscenes, however, due to the fact that I am unknowing of the project's nature (story, number of characters, number of cutscenes, etc.) that becomes quite hard... Not to mention that my free time is limited. Anyways, if it is something simple & slow enough, I could lend a hand!
But in such a case I would have to review the project first and put my finger here and there if necessary, if the game is somehow poorly packaged / doesn't fit my standards.

I really recommend writing a sum of the project's story, atmosphere, etc. for it helps to see if an artist will want to work with you.

Also, in 2k3 you are talking about an Eventer, not a Script Writer. AAAAAND a Script Writer is actually the guy who writes the plots, if we were talking about VXPA, it would be "Scripter" =]

Well Scripter makes my spell check angry so I just went with script writer :P
And would someone be able to make a skill tree with just events? If so I might look into it.
For the cut scenes we would like to keep the art style similar throughout the entire thing, however our current artist doesn't know how to digitally color his art so if you could do that it would be a HUGE help.
Before I forget I'd like to thank you for your interest in the project.
Finally, the game: It is set in the future of our own world. To sum it up quickly: Meteors fell leaving a gas all over the earth that changed the world drastically, if gave everyone a power (but that were all different, no one has the same power and all the powers fit together logical meaning no one can fly and turn into metal, one or the other).
One hundred year later because of the meteors and something known as Yaoke (I won't get into that, it's more part of the lore and doesn't play a role other than that... for this game at least) the world banded together and was ruled under one man (because his power was so OP, but again that doesn't have much to do with the main part of the story).
On the anniversary of the day the meteors fell a group known as purists made an assault starting a war. The claim all users (people with a power) are Satanists and have defied God by taking these powers.

This is where the story begins, play as either Zeke Evans, a user on his quest to stop the rebellion or play as his brother, Fred Evans, and be a part of the rebellion.(there is a damn good reason the brothers are split up and neither are leading their cause)
There is a lot of action, dark humor, gore, plot twists, and most of all tragedy of a war in this story.
The story will be broken into chapters, so far the prologue is ready to be changed into game form (with the exception of final dialog and deciding where they move(I know there's a word for that but I can't remember it :I)) and after the player beats both stories they will gain access to an epilogue which, as of right now, won't have any game play.
We are aiming for both brother's stories to be around six hours long, making a long game.

Thanks again for your interest :D
Heya,
I just registered myself in this forum, hoping somebody would need a composer :D
Just tell me what general musical style/genre you'd like for your game, e.g. electronic, orchestra, 8-bit, "pokemon-like" or anything else. Then I'd need to know when the song plays and what mood it's supposed to convey, e.g. town - peaceful, battle - mini boss, dungeon - mysterious.

Looking forward to working with you!
author=Doomcaliber
Heya,
I just registered myself in this forum, hoping somebody would need a composer :D
Just tell me what general musical style/genre you'd like for your game, e.g. electronic, orchestra, 8-bit, "pokemon-like" or anything else. Then I'd need to know when the song plays and what mood it's supposed to convey, e.g. town - peaceful, battle - mini boss, dungeon - mysterious.

Looking forward to working with you!

Thanks for your interest :D Sent you a PM
You might generate more interest if you told people what your game is about.
author=Dyhalto
You might generate more interest if you told people what your game is about.

I did in the seventh comment (including the starting post as a comment). I am thinking about making a new topic with a bit of updates to the starting post, but I am not sure if that is allowed on here.
NOTICE: We are no longer looking for anything but a BATTLE SPRITE ARTIST hence why I have changed the topic name and the first post. (however a mapper and scripter would still be appreciated, we are ready to make a demo and the only thing that is necessary and is holding us back is we don't have any battle sprites) More info in the first post!!
I'd also like to hop in, I'm wondering if anyone has made battle charas for rm2k3 for the mac-blue monster charas. You know the one with the slime, bee, snake, wolfman, ogreman, dragon and demon dude? Preferably with most status effect animations already included.
author=Darkflamewolf
I'd also like to hop in, I'm wondering if anyone has made battle charas for rm2k3 for the mac-blue monster charas. You know the one with the slime, bee, snake, wolfman, ogreman, dragon and demon dude? Preferably with most status effect animations already included.

So I assume you're asking other people for battles sprites? Alright then... :I
Pages: 1