WHAT ALIGNMENT WOULD YOU MAKE THIS PC AS A DM? AND OR IRL FOR GUESSING PURPOSES?

Pages: 1
I don't really trust anyone or anything at all because they all tend to oppress my freedom to do whatever i want to do which is what i long for and really only care about despite seeming like i don't. I also can be really lazy when it comes to everything and anything. I believe that good and bad are subjective as what one person views as good another will view as bad etc. For example: I slept with my good friend who is dating someone at the moment , however he offered to do it with me when i brought it up in a conversation one night and then he changed his mind while doing it with me so i stopped due to him changing his mind. I was so enjoying it until he stopped and since then I've been upset with him. So because i sensed that he was gonna kill the enjoyment for me somehow, afterwards and still am irritated that he backed out. I also have gone and sold a Christmas present after being told not to for money, because i was craving Popcorn at the time. I also for the longest time made it out to look like i forgave my mom but really i went over to her and her current lovers place to eat and so she can't say that i don't see her at all. I will always respect her for bringing me into this world but don't trust her.

I also believe that people should be free to do whatever they want, however whatever they end up doing with that freedom is on them to deal with not me.

I don't use violence but don't consider myself a pacifist because if i could find a way to use it with my lack of upper body strength i would.

I also don't like being told no but tend to swallow my feelings about the issue and pretend like i don't.

Furthermore,Answer this as if you were a Dungeon Master and were to decide which alignment you would make this PC or perhaps answe it like you were to place this person as a NPC IRL you pick!

Disclaimer This is for amusement/my further understanding aka curiousity of the D&D alignment system and everything related to D&D.
masterofmayhem
I can defiantly see where you’re coming from
As anyone who has played D&D for any specific amount of time will tell you any discussions about Alignment are going to devolve into massive, earth shattering flame wars sooner or later.

So if anyone is going to do this they need to expect that inevitability and not take it personally if someone disagrees.

With that in mind, my answer is: Chaotic Neutral. Very Chaotic Neutral.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I came into the topic thinking that PC stood for Personal Computer, and you were wondering if the bluescreens and driver errors you were getting were considered chaotic evil or lawful evil or what. I was disappointed.

If the most "chaotic" things you've done were all either hidden to keep from hurting people's feelings or stopped because someone asked you to, you're not particularly chaotic. That shows a tendency towards respecting what other people consider acceptable, whether you want to admit it or not. Not necessarily a strong tendency though.

Generally speaking, 99% of actual real living human beings are either true neutral or lawful neutral on account of the fact that they just never do anything. It's a sliding scale though. A D&D game set in the real world where the most interesting things anyone did involved typical high school/office drama would need different cutoffs for the alignment boxes than a D&D game with battles to the death, pacts with dark forces and international politics. Everything would move a lot closer to true neutral and lawful neutral because no one's ever doing anything that's really outside of the box.
author=masterofmayhem
As anyone who has played D&D for any specific amount of time will tell you any discussions about Alignment are going to devolve into massive, earth shattering flame wars sooner or later.
So if anyone is going to do this they need to expect that inevitability and not take it personally if someone disagrees.
With that in mind, my answer is: Chaotic Neutral. Very Chaotic Neutral.

Fair Enough, doesn't that happen with alot of things though?

Of course. It's to be expected.

Which one are you answering good sir or madam? both or one? just curious!
author=Crystalgate
I also say very chaotic neutral.

Fantastic.
author=LockeZ
I came into the topic thinking that PC stood for Personal Computer, and you were wondering if the bluescreens and driver errors you were getting were considered chaotic evil or lawful evil or what. I was disappointed.

If the most "chaotic" things you've done were all either hidden to keep from hurting people's feelings or stopped because someone asked you to, you're not particularly chaotic. That shows a tendency towards respecting what other people consider acceptable, whether you want to admit it or not. Not necessarily a strong tendency though.

Generally speaking, 99% of actual real living human beings are either true neutral or lawful neutral on account of the fact that they just never do anything. It's a sliding scale though. A D&D game set in the real world where the most interesting things anyone did involved typical high school/office drama would need different cutoffs for the alignment boxes than a D&D game with battles to the death, pacts with dark forces and international politics. Everything would move a lot closer to true neutral and lawful neutral because no one's ever doing anything that's really outside of the box.

Oh my, nope wasn't thinking about computers when i posted this.

That's interesting, so basically said person would be Neutral on the law vs chaos axis then? that's what i gathered from what you said, let me know if i'm wrong.

Yup that seems about right, what would be considered outside of the box then just out of curiousity? like people doing things that happen in D&D? or other things?
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Yeah, sounds neutralish to me.

OK, here's my D&D alignment chart as applied to a real life situation.

The situation: you work at a fairly boring job, and your boss wants to get together after work with you and several other employees and a few of his friends to make a Harlem Shake video. He is not offering to pay you, it's just for fun. Here are possible responses for each alignment.

Alright.

so again basically said person would be True Neutral or Neutral because the actions you mentioned don't line up with Chaotic Neutral? I don't know. I"m just trying to understand your interpretation better sir.

Yup, those responses are what i would imagine those alignments would have when it comes to the idea of making a Harlem shake video with an important authority figure that dictates whether or not you get a paycheck or not. Not insinuating that this is one of those situations at all.

LockeZ
Yeah, seems probably true neutral to me. But I dunno. It's a lot easier to judge, to me, when the stakes are higher. Because the differences become bigger to match.

The difference between true neutral and lawful neutral is the smallest difference in the chart. But this is not by accident. It's that way because it's a real-world scenario. In real life, doing what's expected of you tends to be very reasonable and mostly unintrusive. It's never that big of a deal, and so a neutral person (and maybe even a chaotic person) is gonna do what they're told the majority of the time. So there's a LOT of overlap between true neutral and lawful neutral.

Meanwhile, in a more interesting world, your friend would be kidnapped, and the kidnappers would demand that you hand over the giant robot you're the pilot of as random to get her back, but your commanding officer would order you to stand down. And the difference between doing what you're told and not doing what you're told becomes a matter of life and death.
True Neutral is my vote.
author=LockeZ
Yeah, seems probably true neutral to me. But I dunno. It's a lot easier to judge, to me, when the stakes are higher. Because the differences become bigger to match.

The difference between true neutral and lawful neutral is the smallest difference in the chart. But this is not by accident. It's that way because it's a real-world scenario. In real life, doing what's expected of you tends to be very reasonable and mostly unintrusive. It's never that big of a deal, and so a neutral person (and maybe even a chaotic person) is gonna do what they're told the majority of the time. So there's a LOT of overlap between true neutral and lawful neutral.

Meanwhile, in a more interesting world, your friend would be kidnapped, and the kidnappers would demand that you hand over the giant robot you're the pilot of as random to get her back, but your commanding officer would order you to stand down. And the difference between doing what you're told and not doing what you're told becomes a matter of life and death.

Probably.

Yup they probably are.

Interesting, another scenario that'll test alignment.
Yeah, I have to say you prolly think chaotic evil on the surface, acting on personal desires, not wanting people to encroach on your freedom, but at the end of the day, you're still more interested in maintaining the status quo around you. True neutral. I'd say evil, but what you think of as pursuing your desires isn't really gaining you anything or taking from others, you're basically just reacting to stimuli and willing to let it go if it threatens the way of things.

I think the biggest problem with people's perceptions of the neutral alignments is the idea that they're somewhere in between law/chaos, good/evil when it's really more apolitical and amoral. You don't sit between the extremes, you sit outside the spectrum.
Pages: 1