AN IDEA FOR A GAME

Pages: 1
So i have been thinking of a game its a 2d, rpg, platformer, shooter, puzzle, hybrid
only thing is i have no programming knowledge and i can't draw to save my life what is the best choice for this type game? if it requires programming i can learn it or try to i don't want to give away the name for it yet intill i can find an engine thats very user friendly
J-L
"I cannot complain when your icon of choice is a penguin"
What you suggest probably requires a great dose of experience to be done properly.

If it really is that unclear how to program such a system maybe you should aim for a less ambitious project for now.

You never told us what RPG Maker or engine you're interested, but I know there's a handful of scripts for RMXP that create a platform based system.
If you're interested in platformers, there's a lot of tools for creating those. There's a popular one called SMBX which creates Super Mario World clones with a bunch of other graphics mixed in. I never used it myself, but it's an idea for something to get started on if you have no programming knowledge.

You technically don't need programming knowledge for a lot of RPGMakers anyway. A lot of it is just point-and-click.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

RPG Maker VX Ace is simple enough for a child to use.

I'm not making this up. This is the motto for the game.
I was actually thinking about finding a child, sitting them down
in front of the computer and just tell them go.

Anyways, back on track. It sounds like you want to make
a game like Fallout or Borderlands. You might be able to
use RPG Maker, but you'll need to use a lot of scripts.
You should start with something easier.
author=kory_toombs
RPG Maker VX Ace is simple enough for a child to use.

I'm not making this up. This is the motto for the game.
I was actually thinking about finding a child, sitting them down
in front of the computer and just tell them go.

True, anyone can make an O.K. game with this, but in order to make a good game it requires a lot of experience including how to make tile sets, UI, coding, ect. It's deceptively simple, yet surprisingly complex. Still much easier to use than most other systems you'll find, though.
Pages: 1