PEPSIOTAKU'S DYNRPG PLUGIN EMPORIUM!

Oh I get how to make a simple menu; I've got plenty of those. What I'm trying to wrap my head around is how to make it display all save files being available when saving and only the ones where a savestate is confirmed when queried when loading. And then after that, figuring out how to scroll when there's more save files than are currently displayed (so basically refreshing the display). And then it's like even if all files are queried, how the conditionals for that works - whether I have to throw a switch for every file that has a savestate or if there's some other way to do it.

I understand how to make and display the graphics; I'm having trouble figuring out the nuts and bolts behind THAT.
Hey, if you're working on battle plugins I got a biggie.

Not turn based, this should run for anything. Basically, a pause-for-turn thing.

I have a more or less turn-based (well, it's a hybrid) system. But if I physical attack, for instance, midway through the attack, monster B says "oh, I think I'll cast Blood Rain right now (while the character is advancing to attack). Wham! Before the player lands a hit, they're dead in the water, middle of the screen. If I try to attack again, they start over not from where they got stopped (which would let them finish the attack) but the first point, which opens them up to this happening again. It's okay for when the turn is over and monsters need to wait, but not for trying to counter. If I could go without interruptions, perhaps I could tinker with some comboing thing, but as it is, I can't even finish one attack alot of times.

This may be a bi-product of faster ATB (I reduced ATB speed from 400 to 200 and battles were alot smoother, including the turn system), but it's a bit of a nuisance. And no, the skill windows thing does not fix this.

Actually, no, interruptions are fine, the party member can take damage mid-turn. But I'd like them to finish their attack.
Ghostrider: Some kind of system2 changer might be easy (har har), so I'm gonna attempt that next I think.

Regarding the order/quit switch, it's not exactly possible. This is the reason I was using Order for Save/Load and Save (which was a patch) for Party. This was so I could enable/disable the Party menu by using the enable/disable save event command. It's confusing I know, but it gets the job done. The issue with "Order" is that it is hard-coded to gray out if there's only one party member. After consulting Cherry, he sent me the code to remove that little exception so it's always selectable. That's part of the plugin. With "Quit" there's nothing like that. It'll always be selectable too.

trance2: Like I said, it's a monster. There's a ton of little nuances in the code to account for certain situations. I'll post a project for that eventually!

bulma: That's a bug I would LOVE to fix, but it's a little beyond my skill level for now though. It drives me nuts every time hero actions gets interrupted by enemy actions.

I've updated the Provoke Skill so it no longer uses 2k3 variables
http://rpgmaker.net/engines/rm2k3/utilities/23/

And I've added the MP Popup plugin. It'll be here as soon as its approved:
http://rpgmaker.net/engines/rm2k3/utilities/35/

The MP Popup plugin was both really easy and a huge pain in the ass. It was easy to get the popup for when a party member uses a MP heal spell/item, but I'm still trying to work out how to get a different popup when MP is taken away. It may not be necessary, idk. Additionally, trying to add the MP popup to monsters is a joke because the RPG::monsters array doesn't even work yet. It seems to give me access violation errors, even when I use NULL checks. *grumbles*
Ahhh...I shall wait until the MP Popup is fully done (do monsters really need it anyways? I mean yeah, for the most part it'd be nice to have but...usually people don't give them flat values anyways in these games from my experience nor MP healing stuff for the most part. ^^; ). Will wait to make sure everything is not buggy and/or done, but I do appreciate this one at least!
Urgh. That was exactly the sort of thing I wanted (I have a few spells that drain MP from monsters, and some such monsters are like the FF6 Ultima Weapon with 0 mp death, and it doesn't appear to do anything because of this).

This is a minor bug with the reflect fix Cherry made. I had a party of 2 and a special attack that was evented and it gave me a sharing (access violation) error. It works for 3 party members though (it was to add a status, the status goes on, along with its icon). Certain things apparently are allowed (removing Reflect, causing the target to run, and insta-death to the target)
Yay new Provoke plug-in! Yay almost done the MP plug-in! That kinda sucks that it's dumb trying to work on monster though. Also yay a project at some point! Just LOOKING at the code would probably be enough for me.
I'm impatient waiting for the submission to get approved. Here's the MP plugin (readme etc is include):
http://rpgmaker.net/users/PepsiOtaku/locker/battle_mp_display.rar

Edit: Hmm... I think it only works for items at the moment. I just tried an MP absorb spell and it didn't show up.

Edit2: Fixed! See my posts below.
It works with event MP healing and items, but not skills. And it also doesn't change the color when you change it in DynRPG.ini. It keeps showing up as... color 13, even if I change it to something else. :x

EDIT: Been doing some testing with items... apparently if an item heals both HP and MP, MP will take precedence for display if the character isn't at full - otherwise HP will show. I'm guessing there's no way to do both (either at the same time, or in sequential order) or... we just didn't think of it. ^^;
The color should definitely change... There's no possible way in the code that it wouldn't assuming you quit the game fully, saved the ini with a different color and restarted. I've done this multiple times...

Anywho, I just finished up an onFrame version (running every 10 frames) that works infinitely better. I even got MP subtracting to work! I'll post it in a couple hours. I'm adding a "show MP subtracting" flag in the ini at the moment.
I've been using the Battle Test to check it so would that have anything to do with it not working? Anyways, sounds great that you've got more of it to work!
I think I added an older dll into that preview rar file. That would explain why the ini command wasn't working. Sorry!

Here's the updated one (with the additions mentioned before):
Ewwww, I did this and suddenly got a rather constant popup from one of my characters (768 every tick, but it doesn't seem to be massive restoring MP or losing it, so I dunno). It seems to be a side-effect of my turn system but I can't find the problem.
This is a great thread with great work! Thank you, PepsiOtaku!

author=PepsiOtaku
Understanding the SDK and how it interacts with RPG Maker 2003 is probably the hardest part (yes, harder than actually learning C++). There's a lot to read and understand, but it's not impossible! If I can do it, you can too!

Would you mind describing your problems? I would be interested where the big issues were, what's hard to understand, if you have ideas how things could be easier.

EDIT:
            if (!images[1]) {
images[1] = RPG::Image::create();
images[1]->useMaskColor = true;
images[1]->loadFromFile(configuration["DummyImage"], false);
images[1]->RPG::Image::init(320,240);
images[1]->RPG::Image::setSystemPalette();
}

What's the point as opposed to this?
if(!images[1]) {
images[1] = RPG::Image::create(320, 240);
images[1]->useMaskColor = true;
images[1]->setSystemPalette();
}

That's a very strange syntax, by the way. I was surprised it actually compiles:
images[1]->RPG::Image::init

If you only use the image for drawing the text in the lower-right corner, it's not a good idea to make it 320x240 pixels in size because drawing 320x240 to the screen (on canvas->draw) takes longer than - let's say - 100x50. In this case it won't make a difference, but keep in mind that it's bad practice to make your RPG::Images as big as the whole screen if you only need a small part of it.

EDIT2:

Even worse, I just realized you are destroying and creating (and loading from disk!) the background image every frame! Not a good idea! Load it once and keep it in memory as long as possible. Only reload if you need to change it.
bulma: Is your ini up-to-date?

It should be:

[battle_mp_display]
ColorMpPlus=13
ColorMpMinus=11
ShowMpMinus=true

Cherry: It was kind of a broad statement, and varies as to what I'm doing. There's a couple things that could probably be documented better, like how to use/change the filename of the system2image. Is that even possible? I see that it references RPG::Image, but I don't quite understand how to call it correctly. Something like this:

images[0] = RPG::SystemGraphic::system2Image->loadFromFile(configuration[strSys2Image.str()], false);
just seems to give me a compile error. Overall, it's the things that are vaguely documented. I'm nitpicking, but it would be nice to see more usage examples to make it easier for noobs.

The biggest bug so far is that any time I try to use RPG::monsters it crashes RPG_RT.exe. I sent you a message about that.
Plopped in the newest one, put all the ini stuff on (unlike last time)

I have a few things for restoring MP after turns (it's plus, according to the System) but they're equal to the character level, not anything close to 768. It happens when anyone in my party acts, to one specific party member.

I checked my turns system and couldn't find the root of the problem. I also
couldn't understand the number as so far as I could see, neither she nor anyone else was restoring 768 MP.

I suspect the system must be using a variable or switch I have assigned to another number, which is somewhere causing it display that number. Or something else is creating interference.
author=PepsiOtaku
Cherry: It was kind of a broad statement, and varies as to what I'm doing. There's a couple things that could probably be documented better, like how to use/change the filename of the system2image. Is that even possible? I see that it references RPG::Image, but I don't quite understand how to call it correctly. Something like this:

images[0] = RPG::SystemGraphic::system2Image->loadFromFile(configuration[strSys2Image.str()], false);
just seems to give me a compile error. Overall, it's the things that are vaguely documented.

RPG::SystemGraphic is a class and system2Image is not static so you can't use RPG::SystemGraphic::system2Image of course. If you enter "SystemGraphic" in the search box you will see that there is a member "systemGraphic" of the RPG::System class. The system game object is named RPG::system (lower-case s) so the right way would be RPG::system->systemGraphic->system2Image->loadFromFile(...) :-)

Please also check the edits I made at my last post if you haven't already!
Hey thanks for the mp display plugin. i've always asked myself why enterbain didn't do it themeselves. oh well... now we have it.

thanks again man, keep up the good work :)

ps: good luck with the system2 think (another dumb flaw by enterbrain, if u ask me)
sorry for the duble post but i was just testing the provoke skill plugin and i think i come up with a pretty good idea to improve it a little.
It's very simple, add multiple skills that can add the provoke status, so we could have more intresting situations, for example we could have the normal provoke skill and some other character could have a special attack that does damage and "taunts" the target in the process.

just a guess, of course.
MP Display (New Version)

Now supports monsters!! Cherry told me what to fix for the monsters array to work. See the readme!

Battle Layout Changer
http://rpgmaker.net/users/PepsiOtaku/locker/battle_layout_changer.rar

This plugin allows you to change the System2 set & Battle Layout (Traditional/Alternative/Gauge) by setting a variable for either, and setting Large/Short Windows & Window Transparency by switch! See the readme for the full documentation.

Cherry: Yeah I know the clock plugin could be coded better. I've learned some new things since then, so I'll tackle that next.
author=PepsiOtaku
Battle Layout Changer
http://rpgmaker.net/users/PepsiOtaku/locker/battle_layout_changer.rar

This plugin allows you to change the System2 set & Battle Layout (Traditional/Alternative/Gauge) by setting a variable for either, and setting Large/Short Windows & Window Transparency by switch! See the readme for the full documentation.

bwahaha you truly made it! you are seriously the man