DIRECT X

Pages: 1
For some mysterious reason when I attempt to play any of the games here, I am stopped with a failure to initialize Direct X Audio.
I cant even play Netflix.
My question here is....not being in any way technically savvy, just a player of your marvelous games....why can I not PLAY the games w/o needing to have audio? When my speakers were down some time past, I simply turned on the game and played silently. I didnt miss anything except maybe for sound effects and music. Why is this audio problem keeping me from playing now?
Thanks! Roy
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080127114636AAZ8Gen

Have you tried googling your exact error message? That's where I'd start.
I will do that...I wanted first to go to my genius family here who are the gods of gaming and creating.
This error is a software issue. The software needs to loads properly, including the audio, and when it doesn't it's designed to shut down. There is a problem.

Your speakers are only hardware and don't need to be there for the software to work.
Thanks....so apparently one bad apple does spoil the whole bunch....and therefore I cannot simply play without audio.
I hope the computer guy can figure it out today. I am helping test Enelysion and dont want to miss the fun!
edchuy
You the practice of self-promotion
That's a good reason to have the problem fixed. Good luck!
Pages: 1