HOLA, COMO ESTAN?

Pages: 1
Hello, all. With the economy being what it is, the whole "work job by day, mak vidjyagaemz by night" thing hasn't worked out as I'd hoped, and as such, I have way more free time than any healthy human being can withstand. So, I've decided to go ahead and interact with the internet for the first time in, like... ten years...

My history with RPGMaker is mostly with XP back in high school, though I remember hearing a few years earlier about the "magical program that automatically puts weapons in your fighter's hands" or however they advertised that, and also X-Play's review of the PS2 version (they may have made a fart joke or three). I've since stopped using it in favor of Gamemaker for the flexibility.

I'm interested in doing a soundtrack for somebody, or at least a few random songs. I've never done something like that for anyone other than myself, and would like the experience. I've put some stuff in my locker as a sort of portfolio. Its all stuff I did for those high school projects... I think. Its been a long time.

Anyways, you can use that stuff if you want to. Anything with PD on the front is okay for any use, while NC is strictly non-commercial, more so for your sake than mine: All those "free soundfonts" I downloaded back in the day are kinda sketchy on their sources, and I was also a dummy and lost all the readme's, so I can't guarantee that all the samples used are legal for commercial use.

Also, if I make any generic sprites, like a toilet or whatever, while working on my own projects, I'll probably put those up, too.

I guess that's all for now, so, good day to everyone!
Wait, tracking soundfont sources are a thing? Crap. I only just play around in Mario Paint Composer and downloaded a variety of soundfonts for it and edited/frankensteined a few of them using Viena (yes, one 'n') - but I didn't bother documenting sources AT ALL.

Oh well.

Welcome to RMN! Back in highschool I was making C&C: Red Alert mods and a Red Alert launcher program (the game load times were subject to great slowdown if you had a lot of custom maps - my launcher could copy in only specific maps or mods).
edchuy
You the practice of self-promotion
Oye como va ... wha, no Internet for ten years. You must have been deprived. Anyway, any posts where fart is a welcome smell is a sniff to behold.

Welcome to RMN! Back in high school I was still playing Atari 2600 ... Good day to U 2!
@edchuy
Oh, I guess I should've specified: I've been using the internet - I just haven't posted anything or talked with anyone on the internet for a long time. So, deprived? No. DEPRAVED? Yeah, totally.
Also, Atari 2600? If that isn't OG status, I don't know what is. I feel like an infant now...

@kentona
Yeah, I guess you probably have a greater chance of being struck by lightning while excavating an underwater cavern on the moon than dealing with a copyright claim for using a soundfont. But Mario Paint composer?
AMATEUR.
Real men go FULL SHMUP and use Kaite Tukutte Asoberu Dezaemon for all their composing needs.
As for all that stuff about C&C: Red Alert, I'm going to pretend I understood all that and be all impressed and stuff now.

- - -

I guess I'll make a topic in the Help & Requests forum about the whole composing thing tomorrow, but for now, I need sleep.
yes, I am an amateur.
sampling is generally kosher, though erring on the side of caution is definitely the better choice. I've seen people selling soundtracks with bits obv made using Earthbound's soundfonts and so on, though, so either way I doubt it's very strongly enforced.

also hi and stuff, etc.
edchuy
author=turkeyDawg
@edchuy
Oh, I guess I should've specified: I've been using the internet - I just haven't posted anything or talked with anyone on the internet for a long time. So, deprived? No. DEPRAVED? Yeah, totally.
Also, Atari 2600? If that isn't OG status, I don't know what is. I feel like an infant now...

@kentona
As for all that stuff about C&C: Red Alert, I'm going to pretend I understood all that and be all impressed and stuff now.

DEPRAVED ... I don't even want to ask where and how you were lurking on the internet for ten years. As with the OG thing, "M" in RMN is for Mature.

Regarding C&C: Red Alert, I should mention I had the original C&C ... it seems to me you need to get out more on the internet.
author=kentona
yes, I am an amateur.

We're ALL amateurs here.

And, wow, ten years without the Internet? I seriously don't know how you managed to keep sane.

Welcome to Real Men Network. We have a few chicks here, but I dunno...!
author=mawk
I've seen people selling soundtracks with bits obv made using Earthbound's soundfonts and so on, though, so either way I doubt it's very strongly enforced.

Yeah, you can make some money doing some really sketchy stuff on the internet if you have no conscious (Craigslist, anyone?). My step-brother supposedly made money doing rap beats by sampling commercial songs and using pirated software. Seems legit.

author=Addit
And, wow, ten years without the Internet? I seriously don't know how you managed to keep sane.

No one ever said I remained sane, or ever was so to begin with. But if I really did go all this time with absolutely no internet access as everyone seems to think I said, wouldn't I actually be MORE sane for it? I mean, I can't imagine all these memes, flame wars, crackfics, YouTube poops and comments sections, or kentona's avatars are actually good for one's mental health.
B—But the flame wars!

You haven’t truly experienced anything until you’ve seen or been in a flame war.

And I like seeing Kentona’s new avatars; they always put a smile on my face. :)
edchuy
Memes are mind sucking, black holes ...
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
Sup, not-steadily-employed buddy?

I'll have to check your stuff out when I'm in a place I can listen to things; I may have need in the future of a commissioned track.
author=Addit
And I like seeing Kentona’s new avatars; they always put a smile on my face. :)

I'll admit - I've gotten a kick out of the last two or three I've seen.

Also, that video was one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time.
Pages: 1