CASHMERE WANTS TO REVIEW YOUR GAMES

Pages: first 123456 next last
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
Hey there,

My name is CashmereCat, and I would like to review your completed games/demos. I do have a few rules, though.

Rules
  • Ideally, the game should be less than 3 hours in length. It's OK if they are longer, but I am only required play for 3 hours maximum to get a general feel of the game, and then I will make a review based on what I have played so far. Sorry if this seems like a stink rule, but I just personally don't like playing 50+ hour-long epics. I'd rather keep it short and sweet so that I can review as many as possible while still keeping productive.
  • The game can require RTP if it needs to. I have most to all of the RPG Maker RTPs downloaded already, and if not, I will download them.
  • Note that I am not in any way obligated to review the games in the order they were submitted. e.g. if a game is short and later on in the list, I may play it and review it just to get it out of the way. That's just how I feel.
  • List the name of your game here, and you will be added to the queue. I do, however, make a general attempt to finish reviews from the beginning of the list to last.
  • If you have any criticisms about the content of any of my reviews, you should contact me privately so we can sort that out. That is, if you wish me to add more detail or are unhappy with anything about my writings, contact me via PM. Thank you.
  • (New!)One must only request one game at a time to be reviewed. However, when I have completed a review of one of your games and it is approved, you may then post the next game you wish me to review.

Completed
1. (Reviewed, **** 1/2) Luxaren Allure (VXAce), unity
2. (Reviewed, ***) Okiku, Star Apprentice (VXAce), Marrend
3. (Reviewed, **** 1/2) Reap and Sow (VXAce), SnowOwl
4. (Reviewed, ***) A Wizard's Quest (VXAce), Arandomgamemaker
5. (Reviewed, Not Rated) Konstandin RPG (VXAce), Nouin
6. (Reviewed, ****) Amihailu in Dreamland (VXAce), Mikhail_Faulken
7. (Reviewed, N/A) Tiny Cave (Other), Healy
8. (Reviewed, ***1/2) You Can't Do That In Zelda (Zelda Classic), Isrieri
9. (Reviewed, ***1/2) Bahamut - Between Light and Shadow (VX), EzekielRage
10. (Reviewed, ****1/2) Soul Sunder (VXAce), Red_Nova
11. (Reviewed, **)The Here and Now of Yesterday (2k3), Liberty and co

Queue
1. (Now playing - 0hr:00min) Infection (2k3), InfectionFiles
2. Cliche Quest (VXAce), DorkLord
3. Broken Bottles (2k3), Doodlegirl863
4. (Now playing - 0hr:00min) Black Galax: Revert (VXAce), Raze
5. Iris (2k), Yellow Magic
6. The Curse of Cpt. Loveless (2k3), NewBlack/Kazesui
7. Eek (RPG Toolkit), grindalf
8. Night of the Living Noobyas (VX), amerk
9. Konae's Investigations (VXAce), Marrend
10. Chips Challenge: Ace Edition (VXAce), kory_toombs
11. Action 52 RMN - Real Men Edition (Custom), GreatRedSpirit and co
12. Illuminated Badassery 3: Redemption (VXAce), zacheatscrackers
13. Nsala Liberation (XP), RedMask
14. World's Dawn (VX), Sagitar
15. The Cerebral Symphony (2k3), Faenon
16. Tristian: Lady of the Lion (VX), yuna21
17. We The People (2k3), Oh_Carnby
18. Ruins of Typhon (VXAce), Alichains
19. Skinwalker (VXAce), SnowOwl
20. The Sky of Time v6 (VXAce), SensualPopcorn
21. Ace (VXAce), TheFuzziestMushroom
unity
You're magical to me.
I'd like to put the demo for Luxaren Allure here. :D
CashmereCat
Cool. I'll start playing them now.

Edit: Can't open Isrieri's Zelda thing. Trying out Luxaren Allure for now until he returns my PM.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
I feel like I should make some ZQuest tutorials, just so that people can even open the program correctly.
If non-rpgs are fine, I'd love for you to review the demo for Reap and Sow.
It might be longer than 3 hours depending on how fast you are so feel free to not finish the whole thing.
CashmereCat
author=Ratty524
I feel like I should make some ZQuest tutorials, just so that people can even open the program correctly.

Or maybe a README with instructions on how to open the program, controls and the such like.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Infection

My zombie RPG game, Infection.
If you would like to give it a try! :D
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
Oh by the way. To get Iserieri's game working, you first need to go to your Zquest folder and click the file named "zelda-w" to bring up the game. Then, register your name as shown.

The tricky part comes after the file naming. Do NOT hit "enter" at that point, otherwise you'll be taken to the built-in Zelda NES clone. Instead, hit the A button (or X key on your keyboard) to assign that file to a game. Locate Isreiri's game (it's a .qst file) in your folder, select it and hit ok, and you should be able to play it from there (this is when you can hit "enter").
CashmereCat
Added. I'm working through You Can't Do That In Zelda! and Luxaren Allure atm. Reviews coming soon.

Edit: Thanks Ratty524, I got it working via a PM from Isrieri himself.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
If you're looking for a demo, I would think Okiku, Star Apprentice should fit into the time-length requirement. The one proviso is that my demos require the RTP of the engine they are built in to run. In the case of Okiku, that would be VX Ace. If you're okay with that, great! If not...

...Chance Encounter, which is a complete game, seems to be slipping under people's radars.
I noticed A Wizard's Quest hasn't had a review quite yet. It's only like 30 minutes long, though.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Awesome! I can't wait! :)
CashmereCat
Added Okiku, Star Apprentice and Wizard's Quest to the list. I am currently making my way through You Can't Do That In Zelda! and Luxaren Allure simultaneously.
Hey and whatnot...check out Cliche Quest...you know...if you want...whatever. I don't care. Yeah, I do. A little.

The Story:
Dark Lord is seeking out the 5 Cliches of Power and with them he can rule the land! For some reason, only you can stop him. Also...he has stolen your nifty hat that you didn't really like anyway. Along the way, you'll probably fall in love with the shy healer who happens to hold some mysterious key to stopping him. There's probably a magic tree involved too somehow. Maybe you even start your own rock band...who knows?!

It's not one of those "ha, ha! look I made a RPG Maker game!" It's a totally serious but totally not serious game that pokes fun at classic RPG cliches.

Downloads:
http://rpgmaker.net/games/5464/
Requires VXAce RTP installed.

Also available on Steam Workshop.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=239245481
CashmereCat
Added to list.

Currently making my way through Luxaren Allure and This Isn't A Zelda Game... Or Something. Played a bit of Okiku, Star Apprentice too. Just have college and stuff getting in the way. Stupid college.
If it wouldn't be too much, I'd like it if you could review my game, Broken Bottles. It's not complete, so it could be considered a demo. It's my first 'serious' project and some advice would really help aha (just go all out)
It would take an hour and a half or so to get through it depending on what you find. There are a lot of 'hidden' events and such.

(Psst I recommend that you go into the third door first to get the 'speed-up' item there, it'll save you a lot of time)
I just wanted to say that whenever you get around to trying out Cliche Quest, make sure you download the latest version first! Thanks! ;)
CashmereCat
I finished Luxaren Allure. Review coming soon. Still taking requests.
Estopolus Requiem of Spirits. Drop me a message and I'll send you the latest version (I worked on a bugfix patch)

Or Bahamut Between Light and Shadow (Latest Version Online)
http://rpgmaker.net/games/4779/
Pages: first 123456 next last