2014 INDIE GAME DEVELOPMENT CONTEST: $10,000 GRAND PRIZE!

Decky
I'm a dog pirate
RPG Maker Web, in association with Humble Bundle, are proud to present to you:

Compete for huge money prizes ($10,000 grand prize), promotion of your game, or even a review from one of our celebrity judges! Check out all the details at the contest platform!

Also, we here at RMN are offering some front page exposure to some of the winners!
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
Perhaps it's time for me to "shine bright like a diamond", like Rihanna might say.
Get in on this guys~ ^.^
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
author=Liberty
Get in on this guys~ ^.^

Doing it right now.
Man, $10,000 is like... 80,000 or more in my currency. 0_o Might give it a go. Maybe it's time to use that custom tile-set I've been working on.
Tau
RMN sex symbol
Stupid no laptop or anything :(

I already have the perfect idea too.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

author=yuna21
Man, $10,000 is like... 80,000 or more in my currency. 0_o Might give it a go. Maybe it's time to use that custom tile-set I've been working on.

Ha. I beat you. 10,000.00 USD = 299,853.58 TWD
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
If, by some miracle, I can get Oracle of Askigaga done by the time-period, I would totally submit that to this event. However, that is a project that should not be rushed.

So, I probably will not be able to do anything for this, outside of doing a NaGaDeMo demo.
oh my, maybe i should join in ; D but only 1 month to go~ pretty hardcore.
unity
You're magical to me.
This looks amazing! Can we still put up a gamepage here for games we make for the contest? :D
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
author=unity
This looks amazing! Can we still put up a gamepage here for games we make for the contest? :D

Absolutely! We were talking about possible achievements and whatnot as well.
unity
You're magical to me.
Hooray! This is so exciting! ^____^
"Games must be complete, started no earlier than May 29th at 12:00am UTC"

So I guess I can't release a new demo of my WIP and submit that? Also, is RM2k3 even allowed as an engine? I did read that any submission would be non-commercial use.
Given 2k3's widespread piracy means that the vast majority of users aren't using a legal version of it I'd assume the onus of legitimate use would be placed on you and you'd have to prove that you have a legit copy. It is a rule that the creator has a license or permission to use the game engine and all assets.

I am in no way affiliated with this contest so take anything I say with a grain of salt until someone more official like Deckiller or Liberty can give an answer.
Well, I've been working on a larger project, and summer is THE TIME to get shit done (I work in academia, so I'm on summer vacation), but the potential exposure from this contest is too important to pass up. Anybody feel like working with a writer/composer? I have a few nebulous ideas right now, so the concept is absolutely up for discussion. I'm going to spend most of my day brainstorming, and I'll start up on my own as soon as I have a working outline, but I'd love to use this as an opportunity to work with an actual team.
author=Housekeeping
Well, I've been working on a larger project, and summer is THE TIME to get shit done (I work in academia, so I'm on summer vacation), but the potential exposure from this contest is too important to pass up. Anybody feel like working with a writer/composer? I have a few nebulous ideas right now, so the concept is absolutely up for discussion. I'm going to spend most of my day brainstorming, and I'll start up on my own as soon as I have a working outline, but I'd love to use this as an opportunity to work with an actual team.

Perhaps, I may abandon my RM2k3 project and sort of convert it to VX Ace or something like that. I'm still not sure yet. If you want an idea of the kind of story that I had for my RM2k3 game, PM me and I'll add you as a dev to my game page so you can see some story outline stuff (which may not be totally updated, but you can get an idea from that). If I were to convert the game to VX Ace, it would definitely only be up through Chapter 1. However, Ch. 1 was not even finished using RM2k3.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
I feel oddly compelled to submit a completely terrible entry to this, just for shits and giggles. I might be better off just not participating, though.
Can I get a confirmation on this? Would remaking an existing but incomplete game in another engine and then adding more to it to make it more complete be okay?
I want to make a game and submit it to the non-RPG category, but that means I'll have to find/make my own resources for everything (not to mention how weird it is to be that guy who hangs out on the RPG Maker forum but doesn't want to make an RPG, but I digress...)

Would anyone by chance be interested in working as an artist and/or composer for a platformer-RPG?
I am so in =D Let's rock this!