RMN - THE SUNDERLANDS

Pages: first 123 next last
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.

The Sundered Land: a Doomed Pilgrim in the Ruins of the Future
I'm a warrior seeking peace and an end to bloodshed. I'm on pilgrimage across the Sundered Land to the Temple To No Gods in the distant City of Gulls. My pilgrimage has brought me to the edge of the Gray Hills, and the uneasy boundary between the Zo and the Ixti, warring clans of cannibals. My goal is to pass safely through and continue my pilgrimage.

Player B, plays the world. Your goal is to see Player A to her/his doom, instead of safely on her/his way. You're allowed only to directly answer Player A's direct questions, though, so you might not be able to do it.

Player A's Rules
1. Write what the Main Character is doing; But not the outcome.
2. Ask a single question that will progress the Main Character's story.
3. Do not play Player A or B until at least one full cycle has passed. Share the wealth.
Player B's Rules
1. Only answer Player A questions.
2. If you don't know the answer, make one up.
3. Keep your answers short.
4. If your answer's disruptive, next person is allowed to over rule it. (don't abuse this rule)
5. Do not play Player A or B until at least one full cycle has passed. Share the wealth.

Ready? I'll start:
Dudesoft
The hot day has caused me have seat. As I reach into my pouch to snack on what rations I have left, I gaze across the land before me and ponder what ill omens await me.
Do I see anything unusual? What do I see in this wasteland?
Is anyone allowed to participate in this?
STUPID DOUBLE POST!
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
You are surprised to see a solitary wooden shack about a mile East from you.
Dudesoft
Yes, anyone can participate! This is free for all to play and all I ask is you let at least 2 players go before your next turn.
Just to get things rolling, I'll be Player A again; but it can be anyone in the future!!!
-----
Curious at this shack, I approach and pocket my snack. I wonder if I should be weary of any dangerous wasteland creatures on my way?
Ok, then.

You remember hearing before your travel, rumors of a strange creature that kills anyone who wanders this wastelands. Sadly, no-one has seen how it is, because no-one who saw it lived enough to tell the story...
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
(Player A:)
No one has ever seen this creature? Then where do the rumours come from, I ask.
Either way, I carefully approach the shack looking out for any possibly dangerous creatures without forgetting to be mindful of other possible hazards that are less visible, like quicksand or treacherous loose rocks.
Arriving at the shack, do I hear something or can I see anything through the windows (if existent) or in the clearance between the door frame and the door (for example a moving shadow)?

Edit: Well shoot! I was too slow again. Feel free to disregard this post.
@NeverSilent: Oops! I didn't noticed that, but what matters is is that there's a bloodthirsty creature wandering in the wastelands.

@TungerManU: You don't hear anything, but suddendly, a horrible sight attracts your attention. You see a male body with all of his flesh ripped, blood and guts are scattered all over the floor, you feel sick becasuse of the sight and start to vomit in the floor. After cleaning your mouth, you notice that the window is broken, maybe a creature entered by there...

You start thinking what to do next...
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
Calming my stomach, I decide to scavenge the body. Can I find anything of interest on the body?
You find a kitchen knife filled with blood, it seems that the man tried to defend himself from the creature...

Will you keep the knife?
Sorry about that, just tried to make it more interesting...

Anyways, I'll be out for a while. Just keep playing without me.
I'm back!

There's a strange figure in the distance, but it's hard to distinguish from your position. It seems like it's slowly approaching to where you are...
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
(Player A:)
I ready my knife, making sure not to accidentally hurt myself with it, and find a position where I can hide behind an object (a rock or something similar) and also stand with my back against a wall. Does the figure appear human, and is it alone?
The figure it's becoming more clearer, the figure is alone, it's small and looks like an animal, but it moves at a suspicious pace.

It's getting closer to the shaft...
Dudesoft
As the creature is yet to be on me, ai withdraw a small portion of my trail rations and fling it a yard away, in hopes of distracting it with food.
I wonder if this will work?
Jeroen_Sol
I slowly get out of my hiding spot until the creature can see me. Does it do anything?
Pages: first 123 next last