THE HIGHLANDER'S TOMB (TEAM FORUM RPG)

Seiromem
I would have more makerscore If I did things.
The contents of this hide box is the process of creating a character.
So! Let's get into the numbers and stuff. I'm sure you like that. And custom stuff. That is the draw of this, right?

Create your character using these parameters:
Str, Dex, Perc, Magi, Endu
Breakdown of each stat:
Str= Strength, How strong you are, your physical strength. You need a certain stat to wear certain armors.
Dex= Dexterity: How good you are at handling your weapon and moving around. This also helps with dodging.
Perc= Perception: How well you perceive things. This'll help when looking around a room in the tomb or perhaps for scavenging/foraging supplies in and around town! Which is helpful. This also helps with dodging.
Magi= Your magical prowess. How well you can handle the mythical power of magic! Meaning your Spell effectiveness and your ability to not get injured by spells, and sensing magic.
ENDU= Endurance. You armor decides whether the hit you take will injury you or not. Your endurance is how long you can go on while injured!

Injury Persistence
Roll to beat a DC that increases every 1-4 turns you bare it. (Depends on how severe the injury is.)
Some injuries start higher on the list depending on intensity.
2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 13, 16, 19, 22, 26, 30, 35, 40, 46, 52, 59, 67, 75, 84, 94, 105, 117, 130, 144 etc.

You get 40 points for your character to start with at level 1. Each level nets you 7 more stat points to allocate. Enjoy!

Elemental Affinities and Deficiencies!
Once you've got that, you get to choose Three elemental affinities and two elemental deficiency. That is if you choose earth, water, and air as Aff and dark + light as def, then you get a +1/d of your Aff level added to any roll having to do with that element. Consequently, any roll having to do with one of your deficiencies gets subtracted by 1/2 your def level. Every time you level up you pick one of the elements you previously chose and up it's affinity level. So, you choose either water, earth or air to go from 1 to 2. Every 3 level ups (so on level 4, then 7, then 11 etc.) you must increase your elemental deficiencies by 1.
SHOULD YOU DECIDE: You could only choose TWO elemental affinities and convert the extra one into a 7 point stat boost! Yay!

The elements are: Fire, Water, Earth, Air, Magi, Force(non-elemental), Miasmal, Angelus, and Demoni.

MAGI= The Ancient Force of MAGIC! It is Magic in it's purest form, uncontaminated by any element, it's pure, fresh ENERGY!
Miasmal= The leftover energy of death. Energy that eventually decays into Magi, which is used to create souls.

You character: Give them a weapon (something I've heard of or is relatively easy to explain), an armor specialty in Light, Medium, Heavy, or MAGI, a name, a class name and your species! There are little parameters for this, so go wild! But not Mighty Behemoth Duck Born Of Cthulhu. Actually, go ahead and do that! Just remember you're only level one.

Don't make skills. I do that based on your character.

POST ALL ACTIONS IN BOLD! so I don't have to sift through your discussions all the time and maybe get what you actually wanted to do right.

Success will be measured through a roll that I will do. 1-20

1 is a failure, 20 is a success no matter what. All other numbers get modified based on your situation and are checked against a difficulty level. For example: Push small boulder requires you to roll at least an 15 strength check. Push Large boulder requires at least 22 strength check. The only way to be able to push the small boulder would be having your strength modifier bring you up past 20, which happens at higher stat points.
Rolling a 1, no matter your modifiers, results in failure. Rolling a 20 is the same, except it results in success.

STATUS EFFECT LIST:

Note: All states are induced by some kind of magic, I;E They are negative (Or positive!) effects of magic use.
FORCE Stun: You can't do anything more for one turn.
FIRE Burn: You're burned! If you're hit in the burned area you'll have to roll higher to deal with the injury
If water elemental damage is dealt to the burned area, you are instead cured of the burn.
VITA Paralysis: You're stopped from moving and taking actions until you're cured!
DEMONI Defiled: Similar to burn, if you're injured in the defiled area you must make a higher check to deal with the injury. Getting hit with angelous in that area cures defilement.
However, you have your Endu bonus is Halved!
ANGELOUS Regenerous: You have increased Endu bonus by 50% and have a +1/2 your angelous aff to deal with an injury! You can't have this state while being defiled.
EARTH Sundered: Your DEX and PERC bonuses are cut in half! Similar to burn, if you are injured by earth moves and are healed by Air moves and cured of sunder.
MIASMAL Diseased: Varying effects are applied to you, all of them detrimental.
MAGI Siphoned:Your MAGI is halved! One of your MAGI skills either goes on cool down or gets an extended cool down.
FORCE Tired: Everybody gets tired once in a while. Some more easily than others I;E those with low ENDU. A tired person's effectiveness is halved! All bonuses are 1/2! Rest to recover.
EARTH/DEMONI Petrified: Same as Paralysis, though it is only cured by destroying what petrified you.
AIR Confuzzeled: Your PERC is distorted!
FORCE Hunger: Everybody gets hungry, too. Not eating for an extended period of time causes hunger, which slowly drains your Endu (-1 to endu every turn). Eat something to cure hunger.
MAGI Valkinon's Disease: ???!?!?!?!?!?@!#$_)*-=><./,:"
AIR Winded: You're out of breath and move slowly for 2 turns. You cannot attack but can perform actions.
MIASMAL Fearstriken: -4 to all rolls!

HOW TO LEVEL UP!

You don't level up by conventional means. Absorb a Power Stone to level up.
A Power Stone is a one-use item that will increase your level. Meaning you get to allocate 7 more stat points and increase one of your elemental affinities!

LEARNING SKILLS: Every three level ups you'll learn a new skill!
What that skill actually is depends on your stats+ affinities + weapon and on my imagination. Also on your choice of these options:
Passive / Active Skill
Support Skill/ Attack Skills / Misc Skill!

Pick either a passive or active, THEN either support/attack/Misc! Then I'll whip up a skills based on your current skills and elemental affinites. And stats. And weapons. I'm repeating myself.
Once you use a power stone, it's destroyed! So choose carefully!

HOW TO UPGRADE YOUR EQUIPMENT

1: Add-ons/Attachments: but I can only think of attacthments for the crossbow, such as a recoil buffer, an addition arrow "Slot" so you don't need to reload after firing one but double the reload time, or you can fire two at the same time at the cost of more reload time.

2: Enchant it. Like the weapon you have? Well, you'll need runes and elemental essence to enchant what you like. Combinations don't always = both. For example, demoni enchanted swords just add on more demoni elemental damage, same for fire. However Demoni AND Fire (in that order) enchantment = Ability to defile!

You can also UPGRADE enchantments by using the same runes and essence you used for the original enchantment + a POWER STONE. Because you're basically leveling up your weapon's enchantment"

Since it will never be obvious, the Antique shop sells runes and essence.
There's also the possibility of a tertiary enchantment, which is a boost to your current enchantment. Using the previous example, a Demoni-Fire sword enchantment will Deal Demoni Elemental Damage and have a chance to defile, if you add on force as the tertiary enchantment the power of the enchantment is boosted.
Lvl 1: Demoni-Fire-Force = BOOSTED Demoni elemental damage that may defile.

HOWEVER! The Tertiary enchantment CANNOT be the opposite of the Primary enchantment. You can have the secondary enchantment be the opposite- for example Demoni-Angelus-Force, BUT NOT Demoni-Force-Angelus! If you do the latter mentioned enchantment, the angelus magic will actually DECREASE the power of the enchantment due to conflicting elements. Be very careful!

Here are some enchantment costs, replace the ____ with whatever element you're using.
x1 _____ Rune x2 _______ Essence = Basic Enchant (Primary only)
x2 _____ Rune x4 _______ Essence SECONDARY: x1 _____Rune x2 _____ Essence = Complex Enchant (Primary + Secondary)
x3 _____ Rune x6 _______ Essence SECONDARY: x2 _____ Rune x4 _____ Essence TERTIARY: x1 _____ Rune x2 _____Essence Intricate Enchant(Primary, Secondary, and Tertiary)

To get rid of an enchant, you'll need to relocate it or reduce it to Miasma.

To relocate it: You'll need an alter, the item it'll be relocated to, and a good MAGI skill. A bad MAGI skill will simply destroy the enchanted item, so be careful!

To reduce the enchantment to miasma: You'll need an alter and a GREAT magi skill, then the miasma will solidify into a MAGI stone afterwords. What those do is a secret!

Once you remove the enchant, you can easily re-enchant the item!
Also, due to the cost of enchanting, it takes no time at all! It's just risky too, if you mess up you can say buh-bye to your weapon! The higher the MAGI the better!
There will be merchants and the like about town (and in the tomb!) that can enchant, reduce the enchant, or move the enchant for you! (with a price)

Elements and their opposites:
Magi =/= Force
Water =/= Fire
Earth =/= Air
Vita =/= Miasmal
Demoni =/= Angelus

YOU'LL NEED A GOOD MAGI STAT FOR THIS!

3: Temper it. Get the same material your weapon is made out of and find a blacksmith to temper it! Or try it yourself, that will be based on your Dex + Endu + the tool you're using (regular grindstone- whatever)
Forging one from scratch requires Dex + Endu + Str.

Current Characters:
Lvl 8 Zuko the Savage War Mage - Demon - Male
ATK: 26 ENDU: 17 MAGI: 26 DEX: 14 PERC: 14
AFF: Lvl 4 DEMONI Lvl 3 FIRE Lvl 3 FORCE
DIF: Lvl 2 Angelus Lvl 2 Water
SKILLS
PASSIVE: Demonic Charm
You are more persuasive and are able to win argument more easily, as well as become more attractive to those of the opposite gender.

Skills
WEAP: Reaver Slash. A slash with your empowered sword that may defile an enemy.
4 Turn Cooldown.

MAGI: Impose Will (FORCE)
Assert your dominance on a creature and force it to do an action.
7 Turn Cooldown

MAGI: Dark Fire= Demoni+ Fire elemental spell damage.
3 Turn Cooldown.

MAGI: Empower (Force): Empower one person, increasing their strength for 3 turns.
2 Turn Cooldown after the boost is gone.

MAGI: Scorch (Fire): Burst an enemy into flames, melting a layer of armor or flesh if not wearing armor.
6 Turn Cooldown

Lvl 8 Kairy Qiuvan the Mercenary - Human - Female
ATK:18 ENDU:21 MAGI:13 DEX:22 PERC:22
AFF: Lvl 3 Fire Lvl 4 Air Lvl 3 Force
DIF:Lvl 2 Magi Lvl 2 Miasmal
SKILLS
PASSIVE: Ruthless Efficiency
Kairy is so precise that she gains a bonus in DEX and PERC when firing a ranged weapon.
PASSIVE: Treasure Sense: Kairy knows just where to find treasure, even if it seems highly unlikely.

WEAP: Zip Shot, using the power of air you fire bolts at enemies almost instantaneously!
2 Turn Cooldown

WEAP: Quickload, using the power of air you load your weapon instantly once.
2 Turn Cooldown.

MAGI: Welken Bolster: Empower your allies with fiery force similar to that of a Welken! Increases ATK and adds fire elemental damage to an allies weapon. MAY BURN THE RECEIVER!

WEAP: Armor Melter: Create a magical bolt that you fire from your crossbow! Melts through metal armor, get's stopped by scale armor, and sets fire to leather armor.
8 Turn Cooldown

Lvl 8 Wes the Paladin - Borin' Old Human (A subspecies of human) - Male
ATK:17 ENDU:28 MAGI:24 DEX:16 PERC:11
AFF: Lvl 2 Water Lvl 3 MAGI Lvl 4 Angelus
DIF: Lvl 2 Demoni Lvl 2 Vita
SKILLS
PASSIVE: Borin' Old Giliath Endurance
Have a chance to defy death! That attack would of killed you, but you can take it. You are, after all, very righteous!

MAGI: Soothe Wounds S:
Use your righteousness to soothe the wounds of your comrades and increase the speed at which they move!
4 Turn Cooldown

MAGI: Small Barrier H: Sets up a small barrier at a location, blocking spells and projectiles as well as creating a small mist behind it, soothing wounds of those behind it very lightly. Lasts for 2 Turns.
4 Turn Cooldown after the barrier disappears.

MAGI: Soak: Soak a unit in magical water. Increases their fire resistance by 1 level.

MAGI: Benevolence: Creates a thick mist of Angelous magic around an ally, shielding them from Demoni and Angelous magic as well as preventing one injury for 2 turns. (5 Turn cooldown)

MAGI: Smite (Angelous): Smite an enemy with magic, Siphoning them and Weakening them. Deals Angelous damage.
5 Turn Cooldown

DECEASED Lvl 7 Bazyli the Pure Born Mage - humanoid - Male.
ATK:2 ENDU:13 MAGI:50 DEX:10 PERC:20

AFF:Lvl 1 MAGI Lvl 5 Miasmal Lvl 3 Angelus
DIF:Lvl 3 Fire Lvl 1 Demoni
SKILLS:
PASSIVE: Ancient Power: Bazyli's ancient power causes him to gain an extra 1 point in MAGI every time he levels up for free!
He also cannot be injured by the elements he has an affinity for but also gets injured when harmed by the element he has a deficiency for.

PASSIVE: Clairvoyence: Bazyli's Magical power and elemental affinities give him the chance to see through certain objects and perceive what he normally couldn't.

WEAP: Twirling MAGI Ball of Doom lvl1: Bazyli uses his magic power to
swing the ball by the chain around him for a short time, creating a semi barrier against enemies and
harms any who get too close. Once one enemy gets too close, the ball stops
and he is stunned and backs up for one turn.
2 Turn Cooldown.

MAGI: Miasmal Currents: Bazyli siphons an enemy and absorbs his miasma, solidifying it into
MAGI. He then transfers this MAGI to an ally, booting their next spell's power.

MAGI: Buster Ball Blast: Bazyli fires out a ball of pure magical
energy, causing spell damage of the MAGI element to the first thing it hits.
3 Turn Cooldown.

MAGI: Holy Covenant: Bazyli calls upon his holy covenant, and with
it burns an enemy with a ray of light!
3 Turn Cooldown.

Lvl 8 Razuna: the Thief - Half-Elf - Male
ATK:28 ENDU:15 MAGI:8 DEX:28 PERC:17
AFF: Lvl 1 Miasmal Lvl 8 Force Lvl 1 MAGI
DEF:Lvl 2 Fire Lvl 2 Water
SKILLS:
PASSIVE: White Raven Companion: You have a white raven companion!
You can command this raven to do many things alongside you during your
turn. Want it to scout out the area? Scavenge for supplies? Gouge an enemy's eyes?
PASSIVE II: Counter Attack: Have a chance of countering an attack if you successfully dodged it.

SUP: Power Strikes: Your DEX and ATK are increased by 5 for 3 turns.
Your weapons gain FORCE elemental damage.

SUP: Fake out: You fake an enemy out and barge into them, stunning them
for one turn. Have a chance to pick their pockets.
3 Turn Cooldown.

WEAP: Dual Pierce: Use your two Gladius to pierce an enemy in a
specific spot, ignoring armor.
4 Turn Cooldown.

Magi: Aura Burst (Force): Channel your strength into a ball of FORCE energy that blasts a foe. Magic attack that uses your attack, not magi.
6 Turn Cooldown

Gourd:
LvL 1 Gourd
ATK: 7 ENDU: 1 MAGI: 0 DEX: 50 PERC: 50
WEAP: Talons ARMOR: None AFFINITIES: Angelus and AIR
Deficiencies: Electro, Demoni, Fire, Force, and MAGI.
Ominous Caw
Oooh, Interesting, I think I'll give it a go!

--------------------------------
Name: Zuko
Race: Demon
Class: Savage War Mage

Attributes:
ATK:12 ENDU:9 MAGI:12 DEX:7 PERC:7

Elemental Affinities: Demoni, Fire and Force.
Elemental Deficiencies: Angelus and Water.

Weapon: A Magic Blade imbued with dark powers. (Zuko calls her "Katarina")
Armor Speciality: Middle Armor

Short Bio: A demon disguised as a human who is going to the Highlander's Tomb in search for treasure! And women if there's time for it...

Likes: Weapons(especially his sword Katarina), Women and Treasure.
Dislikes: Angels(except maybe Female Angels), Kids and Angel Kids.(those are the worst!)
Fears: Fairies(those creatures are suspiciously too happy!)
Biggest Secret: Zuko doesn't know how to keep secrets.
----------------------------------

I'm already waiting to see how this turns out!

P.S. : I decided to sacrifice one elemental affinity. After all, the more stats the characher has, the more deadlier he is!
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
I'm totally joining this. Here's my character:

----------------

Name: Kairy Qiuvan
Race: Human
Class: Mercenary (Ranged)

Level: 1

Attributes: (47 points)
ATK: 8
ENDU: 9
MAGI: 5
DEX: 13
PERC: 12

Elemental Affinities: Fire, Air, Force.
Elemental Deficiencies: Magi, Miasmal.

Weapon: Heavy crossbow (You know, those things that can shoot right through nearly anything, but take forever to reload.) (If possible, I'd also like to have a small mace as a melee side-weapon.)
Armour Speciality: Light Armour

Bio: Her profession of mercenary made Kairy stop caring very much about other people's lives. She is still quite lawful and would never outright rob or steal from anyone or betray an ally. But she has no problem with looting her victims' dead bodies and will not hesitate to shoot anyone she believes to be a threat. While usually loyal to her allies, Kairy is too self-centered to have many close friends, and she is absolutely not interested in any kind of romantic relationship or the like.
Kairy is also quite greedy for gold, which is pretty much the only reason she decided to go investigate the tomb.

---------------

Also, two small questions:
How are ranged weapons handled stat-wise? Is their damage also based on ATK, or do they only work with DEX?
And could you maybe explain the different elements a bit more precisely? I get the gist of it, but I'd like to know what exactly defines for example Magi and Miasmal.
Name: Wes I don't like making up names, yo
Race: borin' old Human
Class: Paladin

Attributes: (using 47 points just fyi)
ATK: 6
ENDU: 18
MAGI: 12
DEX: 6
PERC: 5
(going for a tank with some mage abilities here)

Elemental Affinities: Water, Magi, Angelus
Elemental Deficiencies: Electro, Demoni

Weapon: A Holy Longsword with which I shall strike down the darkness and send it into the depths of Hell! (calm down Ilan, I don't really mean it, I won't strike you into the depths)
Armor Specialty: Heavy Armor

Bio: Wes (that IS his full name, just Wes, nothing more) is a righteous Paladin who shall defeat the legendary darkness said to hide in the tomb! Well, that one guy at the pub said there was a legendary darkness in it at least... he wouldn't lie, would he? No! Lying is not very righteous, after all! And that man seemed quite righteous indeed! Therefore he must be right, there MUST be some evil in that tomb. An evil I shall slay for the good of the world! For that is what I do! As a Paladin, defeating evil and protecting people is my life! Yes, that is the code of a Paladin, the most holy and righteous... hm? I should stop? W-well, if you say so...
must I join EVERY Forum game I come across I mean really I'm addicted to these...
Seiromem
You're also prone to being picked on, at least in my forum games ;)

So, I updated the OP answering NeverSilent's Second question.

To answer his first question: How effective you use a ranged weapon is based on both DEX and PERC. DEX is to ensure you're holding the weapons properly and are aiming it well, while PERC is where you shoot the projectile. An arrow to the knee isn't effective if your enemy has no knees and you weren't able to perceive that.
PERC is also good for far away targets, considering you'd need to perceive where they are relative to you.

Anyways! I'm going to wait a few hours before posting the first scenario, because then sign up will be closed. In the mean time, I'll work on your skills and put them below your character in the OP!
author=seiromem
You're also prone to being picked on, at least in my forum games ;)

;_;

Also, apparently I'm a subspecies of human now? Well okay then. What am I, extra generic and boring or something?

Edit: Also, only waiting a few hours before starting? I think you should wait about... a day so there's plenty of times for more players to show up. Different time zones, ya know!
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
Thanks, seiromem. If it's okay, I'd like to edit my stats then so they fit Kairy's proficiency with ranged weapons better.

Also, wes, I just love how every character you play is totally naive in kind of a cute way. This is going to be fun... :)
I'm going to prepare myself for the action!

P.S. : Don't worry if it takes me 6 hours to make my first move, I may be out for a while...

P.S.S. :
author=seiromem
Discuss the plan of action, then POST ALL ACTIONS IN BOLD! so I don't have to sift through your discussions all the time and maybe get what you actually wanted to do right.

So that means we have to send each other PM's or what?
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
author=Ilan14
So that means we have to send each other PM's or what?

I don't think that's what he meant. We just discuss our plans and ideas openly here in the thread, but when we've come up with a definitive plan of action, we post those in bold so seiromem can immediately find them without having to search for an eternity. It's kind of like the #Lynch Someone in Mafia.
@NeverSilent Hm, now that I think about it, I DO tend to have rather gullible and naive characters, huh... Maybe it's because I can be a bit gullible in real life as well? I dunno... and of course this'll be fun, these are ALWAYS fun

@Ilan I'm not seiromem so I don't know for sure, but I imagine we would discuss things in this thread. It'd be easier than constantly sending PMs.

Oh, I get it! Then I'll prepare myself and my character!
I'll prepare Zuko's flirt book for when NeverSilent's character appears...

P.S. : 6 hours starting NOW!
Seiromem
author=Wildwes
Different time zones, ya know!

Mmm that sound reasonable, actually. Then It'll be tonight at 9 or 10 PM (it's currently 11:54 AM for me)

Neversilent is correct, discuss everything you need to in this thread. however when it come time for you to say commit your action, put it in bold.

Example:
author=Potential Player
Alright, we're agreed ____, I attack the Diseased Zombie with my trusty battle ax! hopefully I don't miss or it doesn't slip from my grasp on account of my low DEX, that would be bad, sadface.

Also, Wes, I'm only providing a little extra detail to what you've provided me with! Also, feel free to change any and all stats until submissions close. (in like, a long time)

Lastly, I've started makin' yo skills!
Do you guys need a fourth member?
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
Well, of course it's seiromem's decision who can participate, but since sign-up isn't closed yet, I'd say go for it.
I don't see why we couldn't have a fourth, sign-ups are still open after all. Join in!
Seiromem
Please do. The more the merrier!
Ok, I'm going for it.

------------------

Name: Razuna

Race: Half-Elf

Class: Thief

Attributes:

ATK 13
END 5
MAG 5
DEX 14
PEC 10

Weapon:
A couple of deadly gladius.

Armor:
Light

Affinities: Miasmal,Force and Magi

Deficiencies: Fire and Water

Bio:

A young blue-haired traveler with a lot secrets, self-reserved and silent,
who decides to go to the Highlander's Tomb
acompanied by a white raven as his companion.
Seiromem
You guys mind If I start this tomorrow afternoon?
I'd like to maybe snag at least one more participant!
Any specific hour?
I don't mind at all!

Though...
Any specific hour?