CAN WE PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT MAFIA SPAM?

Pages: 1
Sailerius
did someone say angels

Whenever these threads get going, they render one of the site's features completely useless. Can there either be a separate board for them that's not factored into the site's activity feeds or they be moved off-site?
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I seem to recall this issue coming up once (maybe thrice) before. There was even a site that somebody set up (MrChearlie?) for the express purpose of having RMN members play mafia games there rahter than here, but I don't think it was actually ever used.

I think there was a game on Quick Topic, but, I think we disqualified the use of that site for games since there are not necessarily log-in credentials there, and there was a player that used this to pose as somebody else.
and think I said last time "tough shit. it is what it is." and "I am not making a piddly custom change because you can't deal with a thread being popular".

or something along those lines.
Otherwise people would be complaining every time another thread was popular that they didn't like.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
If it annoys you that the Latest Posts feature is useless, you could join the mafia game next time. Then it will be extremely useful.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
author=LockeZ
If it annoys you that the Latest Posts feature is useless, you could join the mafia game next time. Then it will be extremely useful.

You know, I was just considering that...

There's been little to do here outside the events except read the Mafia thread and it looks like something I could get into.
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
I actually lurk on the mafia thread and have fun letting my inner voyeur out for a ramble.

Slightly more seriously, these games last what, a week or so? Surely some high activity in one thread for such a short period is hardly overwhelming or insurmountable.

Also, Mafia is a game, and this site is ALL about the games.

Sometimes I wouldn't mind it if posts in the Moronic forum didn't show up in latest posts. Since stuff in Moronic is usually moronic anyway.
unity
You're magical to me.
author=Shinan
Sometimes I wouldn't mind it if posts in the Moronic forum didn't show up in latest posts. Since stuff in Moronic is usually moronic anyway.

I suppose that's an option. Dunno how much work it'd be to cut them out, though.

author=nhubi
I actually lurk on the mafia thread and have fun letting my inner voyeur out for a ramble.

Slightly more seriously, these games last what, a week or so? Surely some high activity in one thread for such a short period is hardly overwhelming or insurmountable.

Also, Mafia is a game, and this site is ALL about the games.

This mafia game has a longer day-period than the previous one, though, and may go on for a while, so I understand the complaints. I'm a bit biased as I'm playing in the game, though :P
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
I like to watch the Mafia games. I was thinking of participating, but I was gonna wait for a setting I'm more familiar with.

I also have $200 down for unity being Mafia...
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
I find that the Recent Posts moves too slowly for me most of the time, honestly :P you guys need to talk more! Especially when I'm bored and need a distraction!
I don't mind the mafia overflow even when I'm not playing. I'd rather have it and have to deal with the overflow than not have it and miss out on updates to other interesting topics in the Welp forum.

Besides, it comes and goes.
Sailerius, my man, just let the kids play and have their fun and quit being an Oscar the Grouch.

I mean, I don’t have much of a problem with it. Besides, most of the time when these Mafia type of events are going on I’m usually not even on RMN or busy doing something else. Besides, this is what the notices and the subscriptions options are for, just in case for things like this. Besides, one of these days, the Mafia craze will die down and everything will go back to the way that it used to be.... (Er...I think.)
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
The needs of the many outweighs the needs of the few.
The needs of the lazy outweighs the wants of the few.
^
Tagline that shit~ ^.^
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Pages: 1