CHEESY ARTS (CONCEPT ART FOR HORROR/FANTASY GAME)

Pages: first 12 next last
(edited as of 4th Jan - cleaned up thread so it focuses on one project rather than a few other side projects as well - trying to reduce mental clutter)

The purpose of this thread is to show the concept art I've made for a horror/fantasy RPG I'm planning. I don't have any actual GAME to show in a game page yet, so for now I'll stick with this thread.

The game is set in two realms - a modern day (or thereabouts...) human world & a low fantasy/sci-fi moon world. Two men dream of each other going about their daily business when they sleep, and are connected to each other via a mysterious blue sphere.

I already had two separate stories with similar themes & characters, but have decided to merge them after struggling to come up with any gameplay ideas for what was supposed to be a straightforward adventure/horror game... but that seemed boring (and I was not confident I could pull it off) so I'm going with weird RPG mash-up with psychological horror elements instead.

Anyway, the art:

I'm digging this style. It's messy, but I like that. The amount of detail on the facial planes and the colors make an interesting kinda atmosphere.
Yeah, I'm pretty impatient when I'm actually drawing, and once I feel like the image is "done" rather than it looking conventionally complete... I just leave it at that. Though that bottom picture especially is just a rough image I didn't want to forget, so I just sketched it quickly.

anyway, thanks!!

A painting from earlier this year (not the greatest photo quality, but you get the idea...)

Ebeth
always up for cute art and spicy gay romance
Oh wow I absolutely love these! The style, palette and especially the shading are all wonderful.
Those portraits fit in uncanny valley. I could see them fitting perfectly in horror games.
I'm a fan! I dig the messiness and the shading, it gives an uncanny feeling. Your work reminds me a little bit of the old JB Harold detective games by Riverhill Soft. I look forward to seeing these in a project!
Thanks! Just looked up that series, I see what you mean.
Geez, if it weren't for the messy lines I'd believe you are just putting filters on actual photos. I'm pleasantly surprised. No shame in that plug :P

Is this a game based on Freddie Mercury? haha
Hahahahaha! I've already made a lot of alterations to his face because he looked MUCH TOO MUCH like Ron Swanson from parks & rec, hahaha.

A lot of dudes in my games are going to have 'staches, you all are just going to have to deal with that!

Yeah, I'm not ashamed at all anyway, haha, portraiture is basically the only skill I have so I'll be damned if I don't brag about it to some degree XD

edit:

Pages: first 12 next last