AMIIBOS

- Heeeey, something came in for me today:

Finally, at long last – I’ve got me’s some Mega Manz! :D

(I guess this is a sign to finish up writing that review for Mega Man: Revenge Of The Fallen sometime soon.)

- And my sudden splurging spree did not stop there:

I also picked up a Toon Link and a Sanic! A wild Sanic, that is.

It’s funny because I originally had a chance to pre-order Sonic when I was pre-ordering Mega Man at the time but I passed up on him. And then, the day that I pick up Mega Man, I look on the shelf to my surprise to see a whole boatload of Sonic’s on there and just couldn’t pass up the opportunity of picking up the little hedgehog. Plus, apparently on the Internet, I’ve heard that he’s quite rare, even more rarer than Mega Man.

I tried to get Ike too, but the only ones that they had available were reserved for pre-orders. (Darn.)

- Oh well, I’m pretty happy.

Next up on my list is Ness, and then Dr. Mario, Ganondorf, Dark Pit, and then Duck Hunt - but who knows who I may buy next!
Got my Rockman, it's the japanese version haha And then like a week later I see a bunch of Mega Mans at my local Walmart. Fakkk. At least I didn't pay too much online. I grabbed a Sonic, too.

I still haven't used any of them in game.
Yeah, I haven’t seen any other Mega Man’s anywhere around my area. There’s still tons of Sonic’s, though.

Oh, and I’m still constantly asking about Wave 4 and when can you pre-order every single week since the beginning of March but still to no avail. The best answer I got was somewhere around the time when the Super Mario Amiibo line was out (which is actually pretty soon, the 20th). I’ll probably start ramping up the phone calls and visit a lot more often at my local EB Games when April swings by.
I was told by walmart that they don't have any control over what they get and when. And walmart is my only local option. Oh well, I have all that I really want. I wouldn't care if I don't get any others but it seems like they do get a decent amount and being in small town area it means there aren't droves of smashers cleaning out all the stores like vultures.

Well…since I can’t seem to find an Ike in stores anywhere, I’ve decided to turn my attention to the next best thing overseas and order myself a Japanese covered one. At 43 bucks – he better be worth it!

And yes, I have also pre-ordered Ness along with Charizard and Pac-Man as of yesterday at my local GameStop. I had to come up with an excuse at work in order to get there before 12 P.M. when they could start taking pre-orders for any of the Wave 4 Amiibos before they were all filled up. Thank god I was top of things.

And I’m definitely looking forward to nabbing a Dark Pit and a Dr. Mario in due time. Those will be probably the last two for me, as this is getting a little tad too expensive…

- Did any of you guys manage to successfully pre-order any of the Wave 4 Amiibos yet?
charblar
"wait you made this a career?"
Haven't been able to preorder any mainly cause GameStop fell apart and my little man ness is going to be at least $50+ now. I did order Sonic recently on impulse as there is a racing suit for him in the new MK8 update and I need to go at maximum velocity (Dumb mistake to not buy two cause I would have gotten the same slowest shipping I got for free and not like 6$) As of now my collection stands at
Link, Pikachu, Shiek, Kirby, Megaman, and soon Sonic and SMB series Mario as I purchased Mario Party 10 for the heck of it.
should I nickname my Megaman amiibo Negaman or Rockman? (or RockmanNEO?)
You can't name it Rockman because I did and mine is actually the japanese version so I'm allowed to do that.
I wonder if Nintendo can compile the % number of people who nicknamed Megaman amiibos Rockman.
@charblar – Yeah, I heard about that with some of the GameStops down there in the States. That must have really sucked for some people waiting in line for almost two hours only to come up completely empty handed.

Luckily for me, I was pretty much fortunate that day that I was the only one in there that had anything to do with any Amiibo related stuff. Actually, when I just finished pre-ordering Ness, Charizard and Pac-Man and was about to leave, two others just arrived right at the door and they basically were in there for the exact same thing I was getting, so yay!

author=kentona
I wonder if Nintendo can compile the % number of people who nicknamed Megaman amiibos Rockman.

I named my Megaman Amiibo “Weedman,” killer and distributor of weeds.

Mario is Chef Boyardee (C.Boyardee), DK is Dion, based off Dion Phaneuf from the pathetic Toronto Maple Laffs, Little Mac is Jamesy, based off a guy at work who looks awfully like him, Sonic is Prickles, and Toon Link is Young Link. :P

And Diddy Kong is Pepe, based off this:

(I’ve taught him well in the art of raping people’s faces.)
charblar
"wait you made this a career?"
I got my Sonic Amiibo yestuday which was shipped in a box quite large for an amiibo but now I got their speed maxed out and have trained them a little, now all I need to do is wait in till the MK8 DLC comes out (Which I think is Thursday) so I can get that Sonic racing suit...

Honestly wondering if Nintendo is planning on making an amiibo for the dlc characters for Smash at this point it probably wouldn't hurt them.

author=kentona
should I nickname my Megaman amiibo Negaman or Rockman? (or RockmanNEO?)

I named mine robot son because that's what he is.
For my amiibos I've named:

Mario is Mairo
Peach is Princess
Pikachu is Pikashoes
Yoshi is Broshi
DK is Dankey Kang
Diddy Kong is P.Diddy
Toon Link is Loink
Bowser is Dragon (my son used to call him Dragon when he first saw him)
*gasp* He’s here!!!

- And from this day forward I shall name him “Dias Flac” (from Star Ocean: The Second Story)!

Looks like it’s time for me to do some trainin’!

(Also why am I wearing an orange shirt? :| )
It's funny you got Ike so early, Addit. I know at least one rampant Ike-girl on a Fire Emblem forum who ordered him back in December and now has to wait until August to get him, lmao.
That sure seems rather long. :|

I mean, the Ike Amiibo, which was part of Wave 3, was released back in February. So even if she pre-ordered it back in December, she should have gotten it by now. Where exactly did she order it from? I mean, I can see around a month or so, but August is just BS.

Besides, apparently they’re going to be re-releasing some more Ike’s and Meta Knights pretty soon, so she may be able to snag one up sooner than that. :)
I ordered my Mega Man on ebay back when it just came out and the delivery time said something crazy like June or July, but then I got it almost right away.

Oh, and Ike sucks ;)
I like Ike! He was among my favorites in Brawl.
- OMG, OMG, OMG…!!!

- Ness has finally arrived!

I got to say, his beady little black, soulless eyes definitely scare me a little. I mean, I know Earthbound at times was pretty f**ked up, but still... Either way, I’m glad to finally get him. Makes that whole dodging out of work early in the morning excuse on a particular day for an exclusive all worth it.

(Lol, and just before I left the store somebody tried to offer me $50 and their Wario for Ness. I cheerful declined.)

- But that’s not all:

- Pac-Man and Charizard also have arrived!

Pac-Man’s head is actually pretty big. I bet you could bounce it if you got rid of the arms and the legs.

Also, Charizard looks pretty awesome, actually. He looks so big, menacing and extremely detailed - I love it. Out of all the Amiibos that I own thus far, Charizard’s probably the best looking one other than probably Mega Man, I say. Ness is gotta be a good third.

Annnnnd…there was no other Amiibos on the shelf at all other than one lone Mario one, lol.

Now it’s on to Dark Pit next!

- Any of you guys get any Wave 4’s yet?

(And no, you can't have my Ness.)
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
My girlfriend is a huge fan of Charizard in particular. I'm getting her that Amiibo for certain. Might get myself Pacman. Jigglypuff is another maybe for gf.
These statues are still tripe, but at least they look awesome on a shelf.
I didn't care for any of the wave 4's, beside my local EB Games had only 1 non-preorder amiibo in stock (yes, they had 1) and it sold obviously.

What I want is a Toad amiibo.

E:
on an update on which amiibos have broken:

SSB Princess broke off her stand twice now. Current status: repaired with Gorilla glue
SSB Mario had his fireball hand broken off ("He was throwing his fireball!"). Current status: repaired - holding up pretty good!
Toon Link has had his sword broken off twice now. Current status: sword sitting on my desk shelf.

Diddy Kong surprisingly is still in one piece. Same with Pikachu. Bowser, DK, and Yoshi see more durable so I am not too concerned with them.