AMIIBOS

My youngest son lost the Mario amiibo we had. The other ones we got were Peach, Pikachu and Yoshi. I am not terribly impressed with their functionality right now, so I doubt I will pick up any new ones (except maybe to replace Mario - seriously I can't find it anywhere!)

My youngest uses them as toys to battle. Like, on the coffee table. He also uses all of our Disney Infinity ones, too. Venom seems to win the most often.
Sailerius
did someone say angels
I also love DLC that you can lose.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
I love that you can only save one game file on them and need another to play another game...
Cool concept, money grab galore.
I still haven't found my lost Mario...
You know how it is with these situations: You'll find it right after you buy a replacement.
author=kentona
I still haven't found my lost Mario...

Just get Dr. Mario whenever he happens to come out if you can’t find a regular Mario one. It’s the next best thing. ^^

Okay, so my Mega Man’s currently on his way; nobody calling my house cancelling my pre-order as of yet, and what not, so that’s good… I’m trying to get Ness pre-ordered once my local EB Games has him available to pre-order, so I’m calling the place like every couple of days like mad just to make sure that I can get him. (I want him so baaaaaddd!!!) Not sure about maybe pre-ordering Pac-Man as well, but I’m thinking about it.

Other than that, I just found 14 Diddy Kong’s at my local Target today and nearly shit myself because they’ve been so incredibly hard to freakin’ find around here. I picked up two of them, one for my little brother, to make up for the Marth one that I couldn’t get for him, and one for myself. I’m thinking of training mine to just drop bananas everywhere and just rape people’s faces at will. Then, once he knocks you off the platform, he’ll just taunt at you relentlessly instead of trying to edge-guard like a good little monkey. I’m also thinking about spray painting it all fake jade like the accursed “Jade Monkey” as some sort of a joke.

The only other Amiibo that I’m really, and I mean REALLY am considering about that I might have to go online to a place like Amazon to get is Little Mac. Yes, he’s expensive…like, really expensive - but I want him so baaaaaaaad!!! I don’t mind paying $50 for him as long as it isn’t any more than that. I might have to do the same for somebody like Ike too in the future, but we'll see.
I was really looking forward for these Amiibo's cause I'm a huge Nintendo fan but when I found out that some of these are rare, (Villager, Marth and Wii Fit Trainer) I just didn't care of them anymore. It's cool that some stores has different Amiibo's than others but come on, they all have the same, you just need some luck to find the rare ones. So completing your collection already has been impossible without using eBay. There are also so many Amiibo's at the same time, you can't use them while they are in their package (because the package is awesome) and if you open up an Amiibo, it's not that cool to play with them.
Making some of them artificially rare was a dick move, especially for a product with a demographic target of 5 to 10 year olds who don't even know what "rare" means.

Oh, and my older son found the Mario, so it's all good. What has happened though is Cayden and Lucas have pulled off all of the cushions from the couch to make their own "Smash battle" and are just playing with the amiibos as toys and having battles. On the plus side, they also get to use our Disney Infinity figures and all of the other toys we have to stage battles. Goku was fighting the Hulk this morning (Hulk won, btw)
This is sounding a lot like when I used to collect transformers and finding Alternator Tracks was fucking impossible. The plastic NA version was more expensive than the die cast metal Japanese version on online retailers because of this (but the Japanese version also came in a garish yellow instead of the sleek blue). The way all these things are distributed is ridiculous.

One big issue was lot distribution. Alternator were released in small numbers slowly. Stores loaded the fuck up on the first couple lots so all you'd ever see was Smokescreen, Sideswipe, Silverstreak (the third release was a recolor of the first), and some Hound. When the Alternators ever cleared out on shelves they'd get another lot box and it would just be another of these figures. The next lot had Tracks but since the warehouses were loaded up with the first three/four there weren't many orders for that wave and Alternators weren't exactly flying off the shelves due to old stock, market, and fucking Silverstreak. By the time something was done about the shelf warmers Tracks had some and gone and other figures were what were being delivered.

I got lucky and a Walmart got a pile of the lot box with Tracks in it. On sale even! I grabbed a handful, kept one, reported the store as having Tracks on a transformers forum I frequented, and sold the rest to other local users there to help them get their own Tracks ($5 markup, $20->$25 for the curious). Never saw Tracks again after that.

author=kentona
Goku was fighting the Hulk this morning (Hulk won, btw)

I'm glad this is now settled for all time
to be fair, Goku is missing his left hand
Dudesoft
Apparently Toon Link is already sold out?
I'm so done collecting this garbage.
author=Dudesoft

This is the correct choice. You win!
author=Dudesoft

I'm not even collecting these, but it's really annoying that the Sheik my sister wants is nowhere to be found for pre-order anywhere. :/
Ummm.... I was just at my local EB Games and there are 2 Shiekds, 4 Toon Links, a Fox, a Diddy Kong, and a bunch of others (bowser, dk, princess, mario, luigi, zelda, samus, ...)
Dudesoft
Yeah mine just got a 'rare' shipment of Shiek and a new order of Toon Link. Once I get my gf Ganondorf she'll have all the figures her little Zelda fangirl heart container can hold.
There is a new Super Mario line coming out on March 20th with Mario, Luigi, Princess, Yoshi, Bowser and TOAD. Toad was always the best character in SMB2. He gets no respect, I tell you. I really expected him to be in Smash Bros (given he was featured in SM3D World AND had his own game Captain Toad coming out - seemed like he was a shoe in for Smash. Instead we got a slew of nonames from some flash n the pan sRPG)
Dudesoft
Yeah, I want Toad, Megaman, Sonic, DK, Mario, Bowser and Samus. Just to have. They're beautiful figurines.
I'm probably going to pick up this Luigi Amiibo whenever I see it around. I wasn't impressed with the SSBU one, the pose was just... What? Why the rocket move?

I mean, I only have two Luigi figurines right now, which is frankly pathetic. I need to try harder to go green.

http://gameidealist.com/wp-content/uploads/super-mario-luigi-amiibo-pack-shot.jpg

I wish I knew they were going to release Super Mairo themed Amiibo's before I bought the SSBU Peach. I think the SSB Peach design is overdetailed, but I already own it now, so...
I think Luigi is actually doing his taunt, not the rocket. Still, it is a lame pose. Should have went with him pointing his finger with style. Or UpB!

I caved and preordered Mega Man for around 30$. I'm glad I did because the next day the price went up. I hope I don't get fucked over from this online seller.
author=kentona
I was just at my local EB Games and there are 2 Sheiks, 4 Toon Links, a Fox, a Diddy Kong, and a bunch of others (bowser, dk, princess, mario, luigi, zelda, samus, ...)

I sure hoped that you picked up one of those Shieks and that lone Fox there, Kentona. Those two, especially Fox as of late, are pretty damn rare to find, nowadays. To this day, I still can’t find a Shiek anywhere.

author=Link_2112
I caved and preordered Mega Man for around 30$. I'm glad I did because the next day the price went up. I hope I don't get fucked over from this online seller.

I hope not either, bud. $30 isn’t that bad of a price for him. (Is it a English box cover one or a Japanese one?) I had to pay around $45 for my Little Mac one that I got imported from amazon.jp just a few weeks ago. I know it’s a bit much, but he’s definitely one of my favorite characters to use in the new Smash Bros. and I really, really wanted to get him.

Speaking of Mega Man, my Mega Man Amiibo was supposed to come out yesterday but apparently there is some sort of a shipping strike in California where they order their supplies from and I, unfortunately, have to wait a little bit longer on that. Hopefully it will come soon.