MCBACON JAM

unity
You're magical to me.
Haha, okay XD Just an idea
This isn't a gripe or anything, but I've just been standoffish about adding my name to the spreadsheet since the event is so far away. I have one guy who might be on my team but isn't really sure if he'll be able to or not by then. I went ahead and added our team, anyway, even if it might change a bit.
Ebeth
always up for cute art and spicy gay romance
I'm hoping it isn't too late for me to sign up

Name: Ebeth
Main skill: Art stuff (sprites, tiles, face sets ect), story, characters, writing
Other skills: Basic programming/eventing
Engines/Languages/framework preference: VX Ace, Rpg maker 2003
Prefer to work on: Anything really!

I don't have a whole lot to offer as I'm still a newbie to all this stuff but would love to work with any of you and learn from you and help out.
I don't have any real idea of who I want to work with. I'm thinking I might just be one of those filler guys. I mean, there are a few people I see post art and games with cool pixel art that I would like to work with. Like suzy and ebeth, but I feel like I'm not going to make any decisions or make any requests. I just want to be a part of a game, any game, and be the one to do all the event work and do my own thing in that. Like put in a custom relationship system or spend time adding all kinds of NPC interactions and behavior or create a neat looking custom menu. So if anyone has an idea that would require stuff like that in this short period of devtime, I'm your guy. I could do some or all of the mapping, or take your maps and work on them. I could help brainstorm a little but I'm really not very practiced at writing.

I suppose there are no rules about using custum/new resources?
Zeigfried_McBacon
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
author=Link_2112
I suppose there are no rules about using custum/new resources?

No limits on that at all!

Also, I will add you to the reserve list then.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
CALUNIO, you took the SNOWOWL, you bastard! *shakes the angry fist of jealousy*

Ok guys I am going to do this publicly rather than by PM because it seems...nicer? Less schemy? I don't know. I had an internet outage for the last 12 hours by the way. It was supposed to be a lot longer too but I guess we got lucky.

UNITY AND SLASH, in spite of having *no idea* what slashphoenix's game making output even looks like, I am down to join your team to jam on pretty much any sort of game if you want me.

*if that doesn't work out*

OCEAN, if you feel you need anything on your team besides food, I am there for you. I mean come on, your team has food. It is clearly the place to be.

author=kentona
I would like to see a way, before I commit more will.

KENTONA, I feel you. I guess have faith in the spreadsheet? But didn't you say something about a Post Apocalyptic/After The End game up-thread? I am INTEREST.
I'm glad there's no restrictions regarding the use of resources. I was worried all the assets had to be done from scratch since that seems to be one of the golas of "GameJams"? I'm don't know... I'm still a bit worried about this "theme" we're all waiting for, though. How flexible is it going to be? I know half the purpose of revealing a theme at a later date is so nobody gets a head start, but can't we just trust each other? I'm usually against "themes" in general because they tend to limit artistic freedom, and if that's the case here then I guess I'll have to drop out. But as long as it's nothing too specific then I suppose we can always work our ways around it.

Anyway, for some time now I've been wanting to make a zombie game (I'm not too fan of the genre, but ever since I started watching 'The Walking Dead' it has become kind of an itch of mine. xD) and I though an event like this may be the perfect opportunity to get that out of my system. So if anyone it's up to do something like that and the theme allows it, hit me up.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
author=alterego
I'm glad there's no restrictions regarding the use of resources. I was worried all the assets had to be done from scratch since that seems to be one of the golas of "GameJams"? I'm don't know... I'm still a bit worried about this "theme" we're all waiting for, though. How flexible is it going to be? I know half the purpose of revealing a theme at a later date is so nobody gets a head start, but can't we just trust each other? I'm usually against "themes" in general because they tend to limit artistic freedom, and if that's the case here then I guess I'll have to drop out. But as long as it's nothing too specific then I suppose we can always work our ways around it.

I couldn't be stopped if I knew the theme.
My biggest concern is whether It's going to be a genre restriction, a gameplay thing or just something directing story like Kentona's "After the End."
Don't fret too much about the theme, AE. There are ways to work around them, but they're pretty flexible in most cases. One we had in the past was something like Disco and Inferno. A lot of interesting games that were very flexible in the way they interpreted those themes came out, so as long as you can shoe-horn some reference to the theme in your game it should be fine. ^.^
arcan
Having a signature is too mainstream. I'm not part of your system!
Name: arcan
Main skill: Graphics(characters, tilesets, atmosphere), mapping
Other skills: Story ideas, puzzle design, game balance
Engines/Languages/framework preference: 2k3, Ace(might change)
Prefer to work on: A dark atmospheric exploration/puzzle style game or a silly RPG(e.g. earthbound). Basically, games that have a short story. I'm open to ideas.
Prefer NOT to work on: Straight up puzzle games. Stuff with zombies or horror games.
Comment: I'm looking to make something creative.
author=Max McGee
CALUNIO, you took the SNOWOWL, you bastard! *shakes the angry fist of jealousy*

^_^

Regarding the theme, the great thing about an event like this is working within the boundaries of a theme. I usually find it more inspiring than restricting (unless, of course, the theme is excessively restrictive, which has never been the case). I'm super curious! But I think no point in knowing it before the start date.
Well, here's my application!

Name: blueperiod (or 'blue' or 'bp' for short)
Main skill: story, world-building, dialogue
Other skills: graphics, mapping
Engines/Languages/framework preference: VX or VX ACE
Prefer to work on: I mostly stick with story-focused games, so I'd probably be a better fit for a project with an emphasis on plot and characters.
Prefer NOT to work on: Puzzle games, dungeon crawlers.
Comment: I'm mostly a writer, though I am known for putting in the hours on the graphical aspects of my project. I've always wanted to be part of a gamejam, and this one sounds really neat!
unity
You're magical to me.
author=Max McGee
UNITY AND SLASH, in spite of having *no idea* what slashphoenix's game making output even looks like, I am down to join your team to jam on pretty much any sort of game if you want me.

Consider it done! I'll go ahead and add us to the list of teams on the doc :DDDD
Having looked into January's schedule, I don't think I can participate fully in this event. So, I'm just going to sit this one out :(

Looking forward to playing what you guys will be making!
Zeigfried_McBacon
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
Made the changes on the list.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
author=karins_soulkeeper
Looking forward to playing what you guys will be making!

Seeing that events are typically the only time I play games, I have to echo this statement!

Aside: I should really fix that.
Name: Yuna
Main skill: Level design, making things look pretty, designing stuff
Other skills: Databasing, writing, gameplay, making long games XD
Engines/Languages/framework preference: VX ;_;
Prefer to work on: Like bp, story or character-based games
Prefer NOT to work on: Horror, puzzles
Comment: I wouldn't mind teaming up with bp for this. We're basically the only two developers on this site still working with VX. XD

Name: CalmOne
Main skill: Programming/Scripting, whatever you people call it.
Other skills: more programming(ai, engine, networking and physics), gameplay
Engines/Languages/framework preference: Unity(2 years experience), XNA Framework,
Unreal Development Kit, VX(This is the only RM engine I own), I can even write one from scratch.
I wouldn't mind working with any of these engines.
Prefer to work on: Anything programming-wise especially ai.
I can provide some gameplay ideas and code them out from scratch if needed.
Prefer NOT to work on: Anything not relating to programming or gameplay.
Comment: This seems very interesting, I know I'm probably just a random stranger to
some of you, if not all of you....

I doubt I'll end up on a team if I don't state my experience so here it goes!
(I'm not really the type to show off so I feel a bit weird doing this =p)
I have participated in two Global Game Jams, these are the games
that I have worked on:

http://archive.globalgamejam.org/2011/petri-dish (Tester, Programmer)
-I'd say this is one of the only successful games that I have worked on.
-We had a fairly balanced team(2 programmers myself included, 2 artists, 1 sound designer, 1 producer)
http://archive.globalgamejam.org/2012/yaotl-coatl-racing (AI + Movement Programmer)
-This one is.. a bit weird we had a large unbalanced team(7 programmers, 1 artist, 1 sound designer, 1 producer)
-We decided to go full on 3D with this one because of the amount of programmers in our team.
-This was my first 3D game so it was a bit difficult with the restraints of a theme
All of these games were made within 2-3 days(I forget the exact timeframe)

As for RM experience, to be honest I have very little(almost 3 months to be exact):
http://rpgmaker.net/games/6979/
-Very first game I ever made, which got me into making games in the first place.
-Recently re-started the project, learned RGSS2 and started writing my own scripts.

I would LOVE to participate, but this month alot of things are up in the air for me,
so I'm not 100% sure if I'll really be able to join in or not.. =[
Hell, I should work on SERIOUS BUSINESS, but...

Name: Hasvers
Main skill: Programming or Graphics?
Other skills: Graphics or Programming? or Music, if pressed.
Engines/Languages/framework preference: Any RM, Ruby/Python, Unity
Prefer to work on: Pretty much anything with an interesting narrative
Prefer NOT to work on: Horror, puzzles (yup I'm channeling Yuna)
Comment: I'd like to work with bp, and so possibly in a team with Yuna too*. I could focus on art or gameplay, I love tailoring those to fit a narrative. Working with CalmOne on a clever battle system and AI could be interesting.
However, there is the Global Game Jam on Jan 23-25 so I will be useless those three days.

* Sounds like a good collab for some sort of pseudo-historical character study (unless they want to leave that comfort zone and do a Beat Generation-themed game with penguins)
Name: Outcry
Main Skill: Narrative Design/ Level Design
Other Skills: Writing
Engine Preference: Rpgmaker (most recently vxace)
Prefer to work on: Maybe puzzle, but I've been doing a lot of those lately for fun and college. Adventure, RPG, anything with interesting writing that I can help with.
Prefer NOT to work on: Horror, Comedy, games
Comment: I'll be in college, but around then it's only the beginning of the semester, so I feel kinda safe about joining.