MCBACON JAM

Hasvers, I'd be interested in working with you too. I've already spoken to Yuna and it sounds like a "yes" from her. I think the three of us would make a pretty fun team if everyone is down to join forces. :)

*And yes, I'd totally be up for working on a 16-bit style JRPG starring Allen Ginsberg.
Name: TDS
Main skill: Programming/Scripting
Other skills: Art, but not really good enough for games at the moment.
Engines/Languages/framework preference: RPG Maker VX/Ace, RGSS2/3.
Prefer to work on: Minimalist games or Retro looking games (GB Style) games or a combination of both.
Prefer NOT to work on: Anything too big or complex that won't ever get finished.
Comment: I'm looking forward to meeting new people I've never had the chance of knowing before and working on a hopefully compact retro looking game.
I am apparently late but I love this sort of thing.

Name: psy_wombats
Main skill: programmering
Other skills: story, sound, and if pressed, mapping or design
Engines/Languages/framework preference: I have some custom tools kicking around depending on the project, but I'm experienced with 2k/3 and will valiantly attempt to relearn Ruby for a VX/Ace project
Prefer to work on: I like dungeon crawlers and VNs but I'm up for pretty much anything. Unconventional games appreciated. I haven't worked on something story-based in a while and this might be a good chance.
Prefer NOT to work on: Anything that uses VX RTP. *bleh*
Comments: I like finishing projects and people that finish projects. And I'd love to work with someone with any sort of visual design competence or we're going to end up with an ascii art game.

I'll start going through the signups to look for cool people to work with, but if we're at all (or not) feel free to ping me.
@TDS I love making retro games. I like to work with the FFL3 tiles. I did some edits and recolors that I haven't used yet.
bp> Awesome! We're gonna rock that free verse.
@Yuna, @blueperiod and @Hasvers:
You know what, I think I will enjoy working with the three of you.
I've been lurking around this site and unfortunately, I see very few people that use Unity.
Also everyone uses VX Ace now which I do not own.

Although, I'm still a bit new to VX, I have developed multiple games of different
genres and I'm used to working as a team. I feel my programming expertise will
round out this team. =]
arcan
Having a signature is too mainstream. I'm not part of your system!
@psy_wombats: Yo I'm looking to make an surreal exploration/puzzle game that has elements of yume nikki/the mirror lied and I'm looking for a programmer. I can do some art stuffs. You interested?

Some of my work:

mockup of a game style similar to earthbound

an old WIP of my game

@bp, @Hasvers, @CalmOne: Sure, why not. ^^ Then we'll be a team of four.
Sounds good! We're gonna show those kids how it's done on VX, or something.
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
Goodness, look at all those heavy-hitter teams forming. I'm really looking forward to what kinds of amazing games will come from this. Good luck, you all!
author=arcan
@psy_wombats: Yo I'm looking to make an surreal exploration/puzzle game that has elements of yume nikki/the mirror lied and I'm looking for a programmer. I can do some art stuffs. You interested?

For sure, that stuff looks great. Let me PM you with contact info.
Since the entry post is far far away, I use VX Ace, main thing I can do is programming. Balancing is fun, too~

If it's programming, I can do almost everything as long as it stays 2D and doesn't use networking.

Anyone wants a programmer in their team?~

Edit: Taken~
if we got randomed in a a team of all music composer? ahaha..
author=Glasses
Since the entry post is far far away, I use VX Ace, main thing I can do is programming. Balancing is fun, too~

If it's programming, I can do almost everything as long as it stays 2D and doesn't use networking.

Anyone wants a programmer in their team?~

I'm seriously considering signing up for this contest just to nab you up. Must... resist... urge...

Edit: No really, anyone who doesn't know Glasses needs to look at this:
I wish I could join the fun, but I wouldn't be able to work on anything for the last few days of this event. Those days are usually kind of really important!
Ebeth
always up for cute art and spicy gay romance
@Neok

Sorry but Glasses already joined our team.
author=Ebeth
@Neok

Sorry but Glasses already joined our team.

Good.
Yay! Nice to meet ya, CalmOne! Looking forward to working with you lot!

I went ahead and added our names to the team spreadsheet doc (the team name is of course not final :p)
Zeigfried_McBacon
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
It's up folks! http://rpgmaker.net/events/mcbacon_jam1/

Get those teams signed up now!
charblar
"wait you made this a career?"
Name: charblar, nikki if you want a name
Main skill: character design, story design, art, mapping if needed
Other skills: A list of other things said person feels they are at least competent at. (great for when fall back roles are needed)
Engines/Languages/framework preference: rmvxace, rmxp, rm2k3
Prefer to work on: adventure games, rpgs, casual story based games, dark themes (to a certain extent)
Prefer NOT to work on: offensive to a group of people (gender, sexuality, religion, etc.)
Comment: i'm gay. (message me if you wish to work with me id be glad to!)