IS IT POSSIBLE?

Pages: 1
I was just wondering if anyone knew if there was a way to make other keys such as M or P or whichever usable in rm2k? I have a custom menu, but I'd like to be able to access the regular menu by using another key. Ideas?

Thanks in advance :)
Only in RMXP and RMVX can you customize keyboard commands extensively. In rm2k/3, you can only use what is given.
Yeah, there's a way.

"Key Patch - by Ineluki (RM 2000, RM 2003 up to version 1.04, Value! version NOT supported)
Allows you to use all keys as well as the mouse in your games. You may also call EXE-Files and play MP3 files. It's the most famous tool I know. But it has a big drawback: RPG Maker 2003 version 1.05 or higher are not supported. But exactly THIS versions have great features like 50 pictures and such stuff." - GW

Download

WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
Just use RMXP or RMVX. They were made to do it.
author=ariedonus link=topic=1745.msg27762#msg27762 date=1219277814
Yeah, there's a way.

"Key Patch - by Ineluki (RM 2000, RM 2003 up to version 1.04, Value! version NOT supported)
Allows you to use all keys as well as the mouse in your games. You may also call EXE-Files and play MP3 files. It's the most famous tool I know. But it has a big drawback: RPG Maker 2003 version 1.05 or higher are not supported. But exactly THIS versions have great features like 50 pictures and such stuff." - GW

Download

Is there an english version of that?
Actually, there are many patches that do this and more, just search around with a german or italian translator. Theres another good one called BHarmony that is easy to extend with more functions, and theres a wide variety of things you can download for it such as key support and online multiplayer support, but I can't seem to find a download for it that didn't get deleted years ago. (So me and a few other guys reprogrammed parts of the engine for our use)

author=WIP link=topic=1745.msg27763#msg27763 date=1219278903
Just use RMXP or RMVX. They were made to do it.

I notice you answer this to many questions such as this, but the problem is that if you've already started a project in something else and have gotten pretty far, most people do not want to stat over from scratch. We are too lazy Will get murdered by team members making game
author=GameOverGames Productions link=topic=1745.msg27782#msg27782 date=1219293981
I notice you answer this to many questions such as this, but the problem is that if you've already started a project in something else and have gotten pretty far, most people do not want to stat over from scratch. We are too lazy Will get murdered by team members making game

We'll still keep on saying it, though!

To be honest, that excuse is the only legitimate one I've heard, imo. I can understand wanting to finish something you started, even if it involves using outclassed software.
Actually, another decent excuse, is not being able to buy the program, and not wanting to pirate it. This is what kept me back for the first little while. If you have no paypal, credit card, etc, then it is pretty hard to get your hands on. Or, quite possibly, you are just completely broke.

I now have XP and VX :)
Ok, I just now noticed that you are using rm2k3 to make your game. The actual program has built in support to use and change what keys do. Just upgrade to the newest (and I do believe last) version. Rm2k3 v1.09! or was it 1.11? Anyway just get a patch to the newest version.

Something you should note though, rm2k3 V1.05 and higher no longer use the harmony.dll, so all the harmony.dll based patches such as the Ineliku Key Patch nolonger work unless you use the ForceHarmony patch to downgrade it to use it again. With version 1.09 it you don't need to though, as it uses directsound to play nearly any standard sound formats, has key support and such. Alternativly you could apply the FashionRm2k3Power (I think its something like that) patch that adds an extremely large number of features, everything from using a 24bit image pallet to online play to different resolutions, I think it added some form of scripting too.
I do believe the Germans were attempting to create their own RMVX a few years before it came out.
author=GameOverGames Productions link=topic=1745.msg27988#msg27988 date=1219453937
Ok, I just now noticed that you are using rm2k3 to make your game. The actual program has built in support to use and change what keys do. Just upgrade to the newest (and I do believe last) version. Rm2k3 v1.09! or was it 1.11? Anyway just get a patch to the newest version.

Yeah, I upgraded so that I could have a FF-style battle system (I'm lazy and didn't want to make my own). I'll run a search for v1.09 and see what I can find. If it is what you say, then hopefully there won't be a problem. :)
Pages: 1