RMN COMPOSER INTRODUCTIONS

Pages: first prev 123 next last
Hi Everyone!

My name is Toby but on here I'm going to be DreamingGhost. I don't really have a composer alias because I've never shared my work online before.

There isn't really a place to find my work because I haven't written most of it yet! I have a handful of songs done for a game my buddy is working on. He might release it for free soon, and if that actually happens, you can check out my tunes while you play! Or maybe I'll set up a Soundcloud or something.

Commissions? I haven't thought that far ahead! Maybe I'll edit this post in a couple hours and set up an email or something.

I love the music of early RPGs. I've been playing a few indie games recently and some of the composers behind them have really wowed me, making me want to see how much I can cultivate the little bit of musical talent I'm lucky to possess!

For software, I started on Noteworthy Composer, making arrangements for my college a cappella group. Then I moved on to Cubase, and now I'm learning FL Studio. I feel like once I really get to know FL it will have limitless power, which I desire.

I'm a singer and I play piano too. About 70% self-taught so my sight reading isn't all there but I've got a good ear. Heh.

Accomplishments... hmmm none really. I still feel like the first tune I ever finished was the best ever and I'll never surpass it. It was the main theme of an unfinished game called "Daybreak." So epic and grand. It modulated about a zillion times into a really strange key - finding the perfect way to make it resolve to its original key so that it could loop indefinitely is probably the achievement I'm most proud of me in music, even though it's just three or four measures of work.
Hello, everyone. I am Iron Croc (That is my developer handle as well as my musician's handle). I'd love to be a part of this contest.

Best place to follow me is here at my soundcloud profile.

I am available for commission HERE.

Some of my biggest musical influences are Koji Kondo, Jun Ishikawa, Aivi Tran, and Rebecca Sugar.
My weapon of choice is FL Studio.
My instrument is the flute. I taght myself how to play by ear back in 2007. I learned how to read in 2009. I now play both by ear and by reading music. I love it so much; it allows me to express myself in ways I normally cannot. Like singing.:P

I love to compose pieces I can actually play because, hey. Who knows when famous or favorite music might get covers if they're well liked enough? :D

My best-known work is, according to the people, this. A piece of music for Tears of the Sky.

My proudest accomplishment as a musician, however, is this number right here.

I look forward to doing this, and I fervently hope people enjoy what I put out here. :) I look forward to hearing others' creations as well.
Hi Everbody Kurt here! :)

Iam a multi genre composer and producer useing modern and retro hardware like the korg ms 10, vp550, moog minitaur, access virus, tr606 and cv controlers etc to name a few.
Software consists of cubase 8 and wavelab 8.5 for mastering and i have kontakt and libraies and addictive drums and keys.
I play guitar for many years as my main instrument which has a midi pickup i use to trigger the other modules. Proudest musical moment was to be picked to play at a local music festival in uk in front of 4000+ people. Iam really looking forward to this and checking all your works out and will have try and play catch up! he he

You can find my music and band history at my soundcloud site https://soundcloud.com/clubfungus and i can be contacted at subwav@subav.com iam always up for collaborations.

Cheers Kurt

Hello everyone, I'm fxsnowy. Currently studying computer science at Florida International University and devoting my free time on improving myself as a musician, which I have been all my life.

Best place to follow my work is through my soundcloud, which I just recently started up. https://soundcloud.com/fxsnowy

You can contact me for commissions at bureuadrian@gmail.com

I'm very open and flexible when it comes to composing. From a piano sonata to an fast paced boss battle theme, I compose for almost every musical genre. That being said, I have the most fun when writing music for video games.

I play piano and bass, and mostly use Logic Pro as my DAW.
Hi! My name is Lance, and I'm a musicaholic (Gah, that was painful)

Artist names you are known by:
Drenrin, Dren, or sometimes, more recently, I go by LamePositive

Link to the best place to follow your work:
The only place I'm semi-actively updating lately would be my soundcloud account.

Though, a lot of that stuff is very experimental and provides a fairly limited scope of all the music I've composed over the years.

Contact information for commissions:
I'm open to commissions. I've never worked on an OST for any project besides my own but would like to start working with others in an area I feel most comfortable with.

The best way to reach me would be here on RMN.

Music genres and style influences of your work:
I like to think I have a broad range of influences from electronic music to gypsy pop to jazz or classical, but I know I can always expand more on my influences. Ska, punk, and reggae are basically the trifecta I grew up listening to, and their influences on my style definitely crop up in my work from time to time. I try to keep my horizons open and am always looking to push myself to do more.

Your choice of audio software:
For years I worked exclusively with Audacity and AnvilStudios, on occasion trying out other platforms. I know, terrible. Lately I've been using Linux Multi Media Studio and it's done wonders for me. I love it.

Instruments you play:
Guitar and Drums. I've been playing guitar for nearly ten years and have always had a thing for percussion. Drums can be difficult to afford and find space to store and use them, so I've been fairly inconsistently playing them over the years.

Your proudest accomplishment as a musician:
Looking back over the last 12 years since I first opened up a free copy of Finale and just started tinkering, without knowing a damn thing what I was doing, I can definitively say I've come a long way, to a point where I'm actually quite proud of a lot of my compositions. The greatest thing is knowing that from here on out I can only continue to improve myself, and there are plenty of things I need work on and plenty of bad habits I need to break. And that alone makes me pretty happy.
Hello! I am very new to the community, but thought this would be the best place to introduce myself, since i am mainly a composer (and don't really have anything to offer in terms of everything else).
I am mostly known as Jawns or TheJawns. I've been playing music since i was a little kid, and been composing for a long time as well. I am trying to get myself a bit known in the music community as well as improving both as a musician and a composer.
I usually experiment with different genres of music, i've made a lot of rock and solo piano pieces, but i'm also working on projects in all kinds of genres, from from electronic music to western themes. I make most of my music in Music Creator 6, and use LMMS for electronic stuff, though i might upgrade when i've got the money for it.
I would love to work with other people, both developers and other musicians, so i would be delighted if you contacted me in a pm in either rmn or newgrounds.
I'm most active on newgrounds ( http://thejawns.newgrounds.com/ ), but i also have a youtube channel ( https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNANlW1anVqA4KUDLfj1aDQ ), where i might post once in a while. In time, i hope my youtube channel will become my most used platform.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.

• Artist names you are known by:Tom Myers

• Link to the best place to follow your work:

• Contact information for commissions:If you like my work, you email me at pianotm26@yahoo.com

• Music genres and style influences of your work:Various classical styles, traditional folk, Broadway

• Your choice of audio software:

• Instruments you play:piano, Roland Fantom

• Your proudest accomplishment as a musician:

I've never really written for anyone and have really just dabbled here and there. I entered this event from the beginning but could never come up with anything I was happy with. I'm still not happy with what I've done, but I've decided to throw in my cards and see if anyone else may think I'm a better musician than I do. I've never used a professional software before, simply using what software will allow me to MIDI into my computer.
Artist names you are known by: shinyjiggly
Link to the best place to follow your work: http://tindeck.com/users/shinyjiggly

Contact information for commissions: um... I've never done commissions before, but I guess if you really wanted to contact me for that, my email is agenttat@gmail.com

Music genres and style influences of your work: I'm not sure how much it's influenced my work, but I'm really fond of Jun Ishikawa's work on the soundtracks for most of the kirby games. I'm really clueless about the general direction of my work, I just try to make it sound cool and make it loop properly most of the time, usually opting to keep it fairly simple with an emphasis on chords and melody.

Your choice of audio software: I like to use winjammer professional, synthfont, and famitracker. I also use audacity for post-processing tune-up stuff.

Instruments you play: I kinda suck at it, but I guess I can almost play the ocarina? Good luck getting me to play anything correctly though. I usually just stick to sequencing instead of playing a live instrument. I can sing though (had choir all 4 years of high school, our group almost won a state competition but got disqualified for certain members having poor grades), so I guess that's something at least.

Your proudest accomplishment as a musician: putting together volumes 1 and 2 of the SBARGv2 soundtrack (volume 1 had some guest tracks, prospitar, dersings, as well as a vocal excerpt from someone else, but I did p much everything else). While I have improved quite a bit since then, that was the first time that I really put my work out there for others to listen to.
I'm sorry for my late response on this:

My internet name is jasprelao, while many people known me by my real name, Jasson Prestiliano.

You can follow and listen to my pieces here: https://soundcloud.com/jasson-prestiliano

Feel free to contact me via email: jasprelao@yahoo.com or via my facebook: https://facebook.com/jasson.prestiliano

My music genre mostly on epic and orchestral. However, I also made many EDM, futuristic musics, even jazz and tango. So I always try to learn and improve various genre in my musical works. Two steps from Hell, Yasunori Mitsuda, Motoi Sakuraba, Austin Wintory and Nobuo Uematsu are the people that has big influence in my musics.

I'm using DAW Fruity Loops Studio (now is version 12), because my familiarity from the very start I begin to compose music. So I still passionately use this tools to make and improve my musics.

Instruments you play:
On the real world I can play Guitar and Keyboard (let's say some piano).

I can make music for many games and the gamer says that they like the musics on the game. Join RMN Music pack is also my honor.

Thanks...
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
Artist names you are known by: Patt-Ytto

Link to the best place to follow your work: SoundCloud and DeviantArt

Music genres and style influences of your work: When i first started composing i used to listen a lot of classical music, like Claude Debussy and others, and some tracks from Nobuo Uematsu also come to mind.

Your choice of audio software: FL Studio for composing, Audacity for post-track processing.

Instruments you play: I play keyboard, tenor saxophone and harmonica, although i use neither to compose digitally.

Your proudest accomplishment as a musician: I think it was when i finally moved from MIDI to actual instrumental composing and when i composed my first track using that method.
Woah wait, I hadn't already made a post here!? Fixing that now.

I've been playing and composing music for as long as I can remember. Longer, actually. I was enchanted from a very early age by computer games and their music, and started out trying to play the tunes I heard bleeping out of my family's Master System. For my entire life since then, my goal has always been to compose music for games (though since achieving that much, the goal has shifted to making a living from it).

Click the amazing and magical Show button below to reveal many interesting things!

Name(s)

Snowy, Snowy Fox, Toby, Toby Wilkinson, Snow, Snowbutt, and Shut Up Snow are all common things I get called.

Where to Find My Work

The best place to find my music is in my house. If you break in, find my desktop and scour through it you'll find all of my finished tracks for the past several years, and several works-in-progress as a bonus!

I'd prefer it, though, if you settled for looking for what I've distributed online, on FurAffinity, SoundCloud and my own website.

Contact Info for Commissions

You can try PMing me here on RMN, though it might go unnoticed for a while. I'm more diligent with checking my email. You can either get me up to scratch on all the details there, or send me your Skype name so we can chat about it there, by voice or text. The same goes for Steam.

As of writing, my business email address is TobySFWilkinson@gmail.com

Musical Styles and Influences

I'm most comfortable with (sampled) orchestral and light electronic music, though I'm also proficient with more ambient and chillout tracks (including darker- or creepier-sounding backing tracks), chiptunes, rock, drum & bass and dubstep, hip-hop, and pretty much anything that might be needed - though all mentioned are among styles I've at least dabbled in at some point.

My biggest musical influences have always been the games I've grown up playing - composer-wise, the biggest standouts for me are Nobou Uematsu (of course) and Jeremy Soule (who, incidentally, has also named Uematsu as one of his biggest influences. It's like mandatory for RPG soundtrack composers or something). Naming games, other big sources of musical inspiration are Suikoden (especially Suikoden II), Ys, Sonic the Hedgehog, Myst, Zelda, and RPG Maker itself (XP's soundtrack still the best), among about a bajillion others.

Audio Software

Reason all the way, dude. For composing, at least. For audio editing and conversion I stick with good old Audacity.

Instruments

I was raised on classical piano, and have always had access to keyboards too. Since moving away from the house that contained my Mum's piano, I've shifted exclusively to synthesizers - that goes for from-scratch sound design as well as simply playing them. For a long while now, my weapon of choice has been my trusty Roland GAIA SH-01.

Proudest Accomplishment

My proudest accomplishment as a musician is right here on RMN - the RMN Music Pack is one of the most fun projects I've worked on, and since its release has been extremely successful. I submitted three tracks to it, achieving the Judges' Choice award for best composer, and joint-winning the Community Choice award with Kunsel.

If you like my music and think it would fit your game, get in touch! I'm open for commission any time. If you'd like to know more about me and my work, check out my website, FoxAudio Creations. You can also find free and commercially-licensed tracks there for use in your projects right out of the digital box.
RPB:::) is what I go by for music.

http://soundcloud.com/its-rpb/ is where to go. There's a bunch of stuff there like electronic, classical, and metal. It's also the place where I put my old soundtracks I did for game jam games. Only one new soundtrack piece there so far unfortunately (Mythic1b), but I'm looking to upload the rest when the soundtrack and game is done.

Just message me on soundcloud. I tend to check there fairly frequently.

I started on Electronic only, but I've also done classical (piano and strings), and lately some rock/metal. If left to my own devices and making music just for listening to, I'd probably default to Electro House.

FLStudio with heavy emphasis on Massive and Sytrus VSTis (+Guitar Rig for distortion) for electronic, while using Kontakt libraries for non-electro. Huge fan of Impact Soundworks for their Kontakt libraries (eg: Shreddage, Bravura Brass), and Embertone for their viola library.

Instruments you play:
None. Fortunately computers allow one to compose despite that :).

I started learning how to make music in January 2011, and did a deep drive for 6 months to make as much as I could. I'm still amazed how much progress I made during that time, considering I started from nothing.
Good evening RMN :)
People know me as DaveyBriteRpg (But you can just call me Dave!)
I've been working on music for at least 15 years of my life, both personal and business.
Talk is Talk, go have a listen because that's really how you judge a musician right? :D
https://soundcloud.com/daveybriterpg
(The tracks that are available to download are free, and you can use them for any non-commercial games. If you really really really want to use it for a commercial game, please contact me :) )
I usually always post my RPG stuff here, providing the DEV I work with allows it to be public. Otherwise I use an upload service site where you devs can securely download their tracks.

I am available for hire, whether it be for a complete soundtrack or just a track here and there.
If you're interested, or would like to talk about please e-mail me at Daveybriterpg@outlook.com.

I don't have a main style of music since my vast knowledge and experience allows me to be versatile, adapting to each situation and emotion accordingly. (Vain I know, got to be said though!)

To make the soundtracks, I use Fruity Loops studio 12. I'm sure you've heard of it. I use quite a few different plugins and fx to get the sounds you require, sp it can be tricky sometimes.

I play keyboard mainly these days, although in my past I was known to dabble in all the usual rock bank instruments.

As a musician, I haave two proud moments as it's not just DaveyBriteRpg that carries my music.
I also have some personal stuff that I work on in my own time, sort of like radio/modern music.
My first biggest achievement was finally building a portfolio big enough and being offered money for my work. I'm quite a passionate guy and I absolutely love making sure that you get exactly what you want.
Second biggest achievement was getting my very first personal track signed by a small label. Now it's nothing major it doesn't make me famous or anything but its a step in the right direction!

I look forward to hearing from you, Enjoy what you hear!
Hi! I'm Bobhostern, also known as Jengamon. I do this music thing for the kicks of it. You can contact me at somelonelypanda@gmail.com or on Soundcloud.

I'm influenced so easily, by so many things, and so many people, but recently by funk, french house, and electro swing.

I tend to go from Dorico for orchestral sounds to REAPER|Bitwig for more modern music. Chiptunes go to Renoise.

I play a cello (think really big violin, except it's not a violin), and my proudest accomplishment as a musician is: my first piece that's actually over 2 mins long (but not by much).
6↓, I'll keep this brief.

Soundcloud.

E-mail: six.down.games@gmail.com

Blues & Jazz are 25% off.

Cheers.
Hello,

My name on here is AbominableFunk, I am known by other performing names, but you know don't need to know about that here, since I doubt you'll know them. I have been "doing" music for at least a decade now; I studied music at college and have been playing in various kinds of bands (classic rock, jazz-rock, death metal, black metal) since then, though I have only recently decided to take up composing for video games - aided and abetted by a former band-mate.

Currently I am developing a short RM2k3 game through which I can showcase my compositions (It's not at a stage I am prepared to show anyone yet, though). I went for different styles on this game, though I have mostly stuck to the soul/funk/prog genres, with a mix of live and midi instruments which gives it a slightly cheesy "video game music" feel. I posted some links below for you to sample.

Soundcloud

Musical influences: genres I listen to include fusion jazz/funk/rock (Snarky Puppy, Stanley Clarke) prog rock (Comus, Focus, old Mastodon), black metal (Leviathan, TAOS) and the occasional bit of classical (Penderecki, Langgaard, Ligeti). Basically, anything vaguely challenging for the listener!

If, after hearing my work, you would like to contact me, email me at abominablefunkmusic@gmail.com

Hello everyone, My stage name is "Starlit Ocean." I am a music producer experienced in mixing and mastering. I usually specialize in Orchestral/Dubstep, but recently i've been creating either Hip-Hop/Trap or dance. The software I use is FL Studio Pro. I'm a drummer and I play a bit of the piano. The music I can say I am actually proud of is my upcoming project named "Behind The Wake." Which is a story played through orchestral/Dubstep. You can check out my gaming work at

https://soundcloud.com/starlit-ocean-gaming

or my originals at

https://soundcloud.com/a-starlit-ocean

if you would like to contact me and maybe work something out for your game, you can email me here

behindthewake@gmail.com

Thank you! Be safe out there and good luck :)
Hey there!

I am Chronicle of Tales, or Chronicle for short. I began composing in july 2017 with a music making software and various virtual instruments, and I cannot seem to stop.

Here is one of the pieces I made, a two parts boss battle theme:

And more on my Youtube channel here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQMJjX9Q_eJA3sDrGZPHY7A

My influences are lots of retro game OSTs and japanese composers, such as Chrono Trigger's OST and Hiroki Kikuta but with some Metal and Jazz sprinkled here and there, I think? I'm not entirely sure.

I have no musical training at all, I don't play any instrument yet, and program everything into my software by ear. Sample libraries for piano and strings are the ones I use most, but I have access to other instruments too. I am especially fond of synthesizers. I like to use lots of retro synth patches and very often create my own for each new piece I make.

Yes I still have tons of progress to make and I can see some flaws in the piece I just posted, but I'm very passionate and determined to outdo myself time and time again.

If you're making a game, looking for a composer and all of that sounds good to you, then you can email me at:
chronicle.of.tales@gmail.com

Cheers!
author=Chronicle
Hey there!

I am Chronicle of Tales, or Chronicle for short. I began composing in july 2017 with a music making software and various virtual instruments, and I cannot seem to stop.

Here is one of the pieces I made, a two parts boss battle theme:

And more on my Youtube channel here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQMJjX9Q_eJA3sDrGZPHY7A

My influences are lots of retro game OSTs and japanese composers, such as Chrono Trigger's OST and Hiroki Kikuta but with some Metal and Jazz sprinkled here and there, I think? I'm not entirely sure.

I have no musical training at all, I don't play any instrument yet, and program everything into my software by ear. Sample libraries for piano and strings are the ones I use most, but I have access to other instruments too. I am especially fond of synthesizers. I like to use lots of retro synth patches and very often create my own for each new piece I make.

Yes I still have tons of progress to make and I can see some flaws in the piece I just posted, but I'm very passionate and determined to outdo myself time and time again.

If you're making a game, looking for a composer and all of that sounds good to you, then you can email me at:
chronicle.of.tales@gmail.com

Cheers!

Welcome, great to see more composers getting here! Checked your youtube and you have quite a bunch of songs there! Looking forward to hear what you share at this community!
Pages: first prev 123 next last