DOES ANYONE HERE USES NOVELTY?

Pages: 1
Rave
Even newspapers have those nowadays.
Trying to learn it, goes quite well because this program is even more intuitive than RM (if that's even possible), however have some trouble with really minor stuff, but don't want to ask here if no one uses it.

(no, I can't ask on Novelty's forum because it is literally impossible to register there)
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
I don't but it seems to be similar to Renpy and AGS in many ways and these are definitely more common here.
Rave
Even newspapers have those nowadays.
The only similarity with Ren'Py is that it makes VNs. With Novelty you use something like events, pretty much like with RM, with Ren'Py you use... meh.

And AGS... I don't know where are similarities here, honestly.
I'd like to someday make visual novels, but I don't have confidence in my ability to realistically draw people. That and my mediums tend to be oil pastel craypas, colored pencil and just sketching.
I could try it for something more surreal. But given I could make a visual novel in my current engine, I don't see why I'd switch to something that can't sprite.
You don't need an engine to make visual novels, you can write your own easily. There's a ton of silly flash games that are all just pictures and click targets with branching effects. Almost all the work is in the illustrations and writing anyways.
I tried to use Novelty a while back, but it's a pretty heavy beta, and I checked a good half-a-year later and there weren't any updates, leading me to believe it is/was abandonware.

It you can make something of it though, go right ahead. For many, event-based engines are more approachable than pure code. I've grown comfortable with Ren'py... even when I do gripe about its language/design or Python sometimes.
Pages: 1