[RMVX][RMVX ACE] WANT SOME SEXY MAPS?

Pages: 1
For a price, of course.

Okay, so here's my service to the community. I'm sure most of you have seen my work floating around here, either in the screenshot thread or from my game pages ( Enelysion, Tristian ) and I've decided to open up a mapping workshop.

I can work with virtually any tileset, in almost any RM engine, but right now I'm doing mapping commissions for RMVX/RMVX Ace, preferably the latter for now. While I won't be immediately available ( because of the IGMC ), I will be ready to map after August 7 ( when the contest ends ). I just want to check general interest before I do anything.

I am doing this because I know mapping can be tedious at times, and it can be a chore for many of you. It is also one of the first things a potential player will encounter on your game page. I do not parallax, but I can make some pretty darn good editor maps.
Its also a little spare change in my pocket, since I make something like $377 a month from my work if I convert the currency. ;_;

Rules: Because I need to set some guidelines here.

- Please be as detailed as you can with your map descriptions. No vague ideas. Be specific.
- You have to own the rights to use the tilesets within your game.
For example, if you want me to make a map using Celianna's VX-only tiles for a VXAce map, you need to own that engine as well.
- Have at least 10 posts before posting here.
- I need your trust that you will pay when I deliver the maps.
- Please make sure you are committed to your project before commissioning. I do not want to waste my time nor your money.
- Taking no more than two commissions at a time.

Examples:
They're fairly old, and my level design has become better than the examples shown.

Example of a temple map in Enelysion.

Forest example.

Port Town example.

RMXP-style mapping in VX. Old map, but yes. It is possible to get those kind of maps with VX/Ace's 'blocky' style with no parallaxing.

Interior of a shop.

Pricing:

Small maps like interiors ( Default size to 20x20 )

$5 per map - maximum of 10 at a time.

Medium maps ( 30x30+ )

$10 per map - maximum of 5 at a time.

Large maps ( 50x50 - 60x60, no larger than this )

$20 per map - maximum of 3 at a time.

Also, are the prices reasonable? Could I charge more? Remember, I do everything except script-related stuff like weather effects and lighting effects.
Payment will be done through PayPal once this gets off the ground.

So, are you guys game for some sexy maps?
Those maps are nice :)

One piece of advice: You might want to be paid either before you begin work or at mid-point after you show your commissioners some WIPs.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

I think I would want the lighting effects added to the map (and the script suggestion) since that's what makes them more interesting.

I think it would be better to start with 1 map at a time until you and the payee develop a trusting relationship.

Wish I had paypal and money :)
True, I should add in all the special effects as well, but without cluttering up the maps. Gives it that aesthetic edge, I guess. =)

And that's a good idea, kory, about building the trust between my potential clients and starting off small.

I do have another idea about releasing 'map bundles' but I'm not too sure how that might work out. For example, a pack of 10 well-designed RTP maps for around $20 ( effects and all )? Then again, most people go 'ewww' at the mere thought of RTP, but this could mainly apply to lazy mapping/poor usage of tiles/uninspired design etc. Devs would be able to use the maps for both non-commercial and commercial use, as long as they credit me, of course. It might cater for a bigger demographic too, rather than just 'exclusive' maps.

But I'll see how it goes.
Pages: 1