VIDEO GAME MASCOT LOVE

Pages: 1
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.

The Sonic/Mario debate topic is fun and all, but too narrow! Tell us your favourite video game characters, preferably main mascots, and why you love them so much!

I'll start...
Personally, I love little cute mascots.
The Prince
Ever suffering the insane requests of his father, this little guy stoicly rolls onwards. There's little to be said about this guy's personality that couldn't be said about his titular katamari! Alas, he remains cute as hell.

Next is Sackboy/Sackgirl
Another personality lacking avatar, this one bends to the user's will entirely down to style! How he acts, dresses, moves and interacts with the world is directly reflective of the player in question. Therefore, Dudesack is the best character ever.
Vault Boy is one of my favourites that immediately comes to mind

And maybe JC Denton :)

The only choice

please don't give me a chokehold Segata Sanshiro
Isrieri
"My father told me this would happen."
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Isieri, who is that?
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
Seeing Bomberman in that image makes me really wish for a comeback, but since the death of Hudson I don't think he will. :(
Mega Man and Crash Bandicoot/Spyro. Always.

As far as general characters go, Travis Touchdown and Nathan Drake are both incredible imo since they play around with the everyman archetype and turn it on its head (Travis, in particular, in some of the most glorious ways possible).
There's Banjo & Kazooie, probably the first thing that comes to mind. Hard not to love two characters with great designs, personalities and games.

The Vault Boy is up there too. I'm really surprised I haven't gotten any Fallout merchandise of him yet. I like Moogles as well- specifically their appearances/designs in FF5 & 9.
Isrieri
"My father told me this would happen."
author=Dudesoft
Isieri, who is that?

NoLegs the cat. From the Epic Battle Fantasy games.
I agree that the Sonic and Mario topic can only go so far. It's not at all open-ended!

Anyway, to get a little more on-topic, I have to say that I like a lot of video game characters that could be considered mascots, but, well, I just have to end up choosing this well-known fellow:

While Yoshi was another favorite of mine as a child, Pikachu simply stole my heart. I couldn't get over his big smile and plush, yellow fur. He's such a ladies' man!
Pages: 1