Pages: first 12 next last
Linkis
Don't hate me cause I'm Cute :)
Another game making contest? :(
Please, not more contests.....
I have just so much time in my life to play games and
with all the grinding.....how am I expected to finish playing
all the games so I don't miss out on the really good ones :(

OK, back to my desktop to begin another game :)
Zeigfried_McBacon
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
Time waits for no one.
Contests aren't all about you ya know :P This would have been better posted as a status. You're gonna get shot down here.
They tried to make me go to rehab but I said
Linkis
Really ???
Not one of you are going to understand my huge problem with keeping up ???

I had real high hopes of making a game myself by the end of the year....but now that I have so many games to finish playing...my hopes have been dashed....

Dosen't anyone feel sorry for me ?? :(
You can pick and choose which events you join - it's your choice to join or not. There will always be another event, so you don't have to worry that there won't be.

You can always work small-scale games, too. If anything it does give you a challenge to work within a deadline.

That said, there probably won't be much in the way of game events til October (well, bar the Jam, I think, and that one's a team-up event, so the work is shared.)
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
author=kentona
They tried to make me go to rehab but I said

Kentona this is why we need a "like" button for forum posts.
author=Linkis
how am I expected to finish playing all the games so I don't miss out on the really good ones :(

Easy: just wait for some poor, unfortunate saps (like me) to give one of these newly released games a review and then you’ll have a better understanding of separation between what’s probably crap and what isn’t crap. Then you can pick and choose on what you want to play that’s actually good and separate yourself from playing the bad ones!

This is why we have reviewers on this site...so we can save you some of the pain.

author=Linkis
I had real high hopes of making a game myself by the end of the year....but now that I have so many games to finish playing...my hopes have been dashed....

In my world (and probably everybody else’s world) my stuff comes before other people’s stuff. It’s just that if I have some free time to spare and I’m looking for something to play besides my own crappy games, then I’ll go play somebody else's stuff. (Besides, makerscore.)

author=Linkis
Dosen't anyone feel sorry for me ?? :(

Hmmmmm…

*shakes magic 8-ball*

Well…I tried...

(...Stupid ball.)
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
The more games, the better.

Edit: Actually, the more good games, the better.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
author=Linkis

The way I see it, there is nothing stopping you from making your own game, outside of this insistence to play all the games being churned out.
Make one if you want to, just don't make yourself do it.

Forcing yourself to make a game is never fun, and they generally tend to come out a lot slower if you don't have a genuine passion for it outside of "i wanna make dis game guys".
Linkis
Damn, us old folk just don't get no respect :)
I like contests. Even when I barely have time to play the entries...
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Fortunately for Linkis, very few games that come out of game contests are worth playing. They have a much higher chance than typical of being unplayably bad, and they distract us from working on the games we actually care about. So, in that sense, if your goal is to reduce your backlog of games to play, clearly we need three game-making contests at a time.
i'm ready for mcbaconjam 2 once the igmc is ovah
Linkis
Well that's nice Joseph, I'm in pain trying to keep up with all the new games and your making fun of me :(

Why do you hate me so ???
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
Sorry Linkis, I'm gonna just keep making more and more of these games, bud. I apologize for the stress it puts on you ;)
Linkis
That's OK Cashmere, I'm getting used to all you developers forcing me to pick and choose my next games to grind on afor I hit the sheets :)
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
Pages: first 12 next last