NEW ENTERBRAIN MAKER - ACTION GAME MAKER!

I'm interested in this after reading all this. Because I'll admit it...rm2k3 is getting a bit old and showing it's age. I mean...it's still the most user friendly program I have ever used, but things that I wanna do are becoming harder to near impossible to make. I see this maker...and I think...hey! Maybe ARENA might be more possible on this program then rm2k3. This way...everyone can attack and no waits, multiple animations. YAY!!!

That's the only thing I will probably consider with this right now. But still a great thing for enterbrain and fans alike. Awesome! ^^
author=harmonic link=topic=1867.msg30248#msg30248 date=1220914503
While I'm not downplaying the power and potential of scripting languages able to heavily modify things (a la rpgmaker XP or VX) RPGmaker was revolutionary *because* its default functions were enough to easily make a really good game, and that power was accessible to someone without an iota of programming expertise. So I think a brighter "future" for game-making programs would be to expand the capabilities of game makers who don't know any programming languages.
This is absolutely correct.
Obviously this thing is going to have some sort of scripting language, I think that's pretty much a guarantee.
You mean like Ruby?

...There should be a better way to teach people how to use this...because reading a multiple page article on a boring looking website is no way to learn how to use Ruby.

Please god no Ruby.
author=silver4donuts link=topic=1867.msg30272#msg30272 date=1220917411
You mean like Ruby?

...There should be a better way to teach people how to use this...because reading a multiple page article on a boring looking website is no way to learn how to use Ruby.

Please god no Ruby.

If a help FAQ on Ruby that is multiple pages is all that it takes to scare you away, I wouldn't bother.
author=silver4donuts link=topic=1867.msg30249#msg30249 date=1220914666
rm2k3 is getting a bit old and showing it's age.

Don't throw away rm2k3!!! We need it!!!

(This looks cool)
This is so cool. I'm praying for an english release. :)
author=Karsuman link=topic=1867.msg30275#msg30275 date=1220918804
author=silver4donuts link=topic=1867.msg30272#msg30272 date=1220917411
You mean like Ruby?

Please god no Ruby.

If a help FAQ on Ruby that is multiple pages is all that it takes to scare you away, I wouldn't bother.
Especially considering how accessibly written it was. Off the top of my head I can't remember a more approachable introduction to a programming language.

Plus, you basically don't get programming languages that are simpler than Ruby while still being capable of anything significant. Even BASIC isn't much simpler, especially modern iterations like VB.NET.
harmonic
It's like toothpicks against a tank
Agree on the help file. My CBS is a mix of eventing and Ruby. If I can learn basic ruby functions from just the help file, anyone can.

It also helped to just browse through some of the custom made scripts by Tomy(KGC) who is a pro coder. It's really easy to decipher.
I can die a happy man. I've have been waiting for this for a long time.
Tau
RMN sex symbol
author=demondestiny link=topic=1867.msg30311#msg30311 date=1220930314
I think the Xbox Live thing pretty much guarantees this will be released in English.
if it's user interface and function is anything like rm2k3 then I'll def transfer winter to this program; winter is an action based game after all.
Sweet! Hopefully it's easy to use, at least for rpgmaker vets.
Tau
RMN sex symbol
Translated image of the editor.

Gives us some kind of clue I guess of ho it's used. Seems alright and easier then Game Makers interface. Still no word on scripting or anything sadly.
author=ImmortalDreamer link=topic=1867.msg30494#msg30494 date=1220985077
I can die a happy man. I've have been waiting for this for a long time.
This, although I think it was pretty much guaranteed for a long while now. <3

I'm kind of sad to think about the use of RM collectively DYING OFF once this engine becomes accessible, but it's probably a necessary step for the community. I won't say that I'm not crazily hyped to try it out, too.

(Then again, quite a number of people haven't switched to XP/VX, and while this is kind of something far different, we'll see what happens.)
That looks like fun!!! I've always wanted to be able to create my own game that played like Zelda or Rocket Slime, which are my two favorite "action" type of games. That had better get an English release, I'm dying to try it out!! <3

Hey, I wouldn't doubt the fun of the RPG Makers, either. There are some of us that will still play with those as much as the new system.
NoblemanNick
I'm bringing this world back for you and for me.

Knowing the online community, they'll translate this just as they did RM2K3 and RM2K
author=NoblemanNick link=topic=1867.msg38770#msg38770 date=1224335196

Knowing the online community, they'll translate this just as they did RM2K3 and RM2K

I think he means an actual release which doesn't involve illegally downloading the project.
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
author=Karsuman link=topic=1867.msg38780#msg38780 date=1224344356
author=NoblemanNick link=topic=1867.msg38770#msg38770 date=1224335196

I think he means an actual release which doesn't involve illegally downloading the project.
I think he knew that.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
I will so try out this. Been wanting do to a Simon's Quest-style game since forever (well, amongst the hordes of other ideas that have gone through my head since I was a kid)

also, AGM sounds so much less gay than RPGmaker