NOT CERTIAN THIS IS THE RIGHT PLACE BUT....

Pages: first 12 next last
So lets see , i make a 11-12 minute game and it gets denied because of lack of screen shots, when there are 3 screens that i posted , not one of them is the title screen though the game logo is one of them,the screens are not conceptual art work , nor are they sample maps .

What apparently people dont realize is ..it a 12 min MAX game. you really cant take a lot of screens in a game that short , unless you want to ruin the game play. I understand there are rules , but come on people,. have a little common sense.
Yeah, I don't think the game logo counts as one of the three screenshots, so you'll have to look for another one.

I don't think it's that hard to find something in a 12 minute game to use as a screenshot without spoiling things. Just find something else like a shot of an explorable area, or a shot of a custom menu (if you have one), or something else as long it can met the site standards.
ummm, there is no menu in the game , and there are shots of explorable areas, at least 2 of the 3 screenies i posted is of that , i just find it funny , you guys are giving me flack about posting a RM game ,lol seriously dude ? its completed and that is more than about 75% of the games on this site can say,lol its no biggie though its already been approved and posted to 2 other sites , and in a few hours it will be 3 sites ,lol and please do tell me what the Site standards are ? casue looking through the game listing , seems to me the standards are way below most other RM related sites. I mean i could be wrong and there might be wrong and this might be an amazing site full of decent quality finished games , but it really doesnt seem like that.
I apologize that your game was unable meet our site's very low standards.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
You call this being given flack? I mean, one of the sections in the sumbission rules speaks of screenshots, and it says...

Title screens, splash screens, map art, or character art do not count toward your screenshot total (but are certainly allowed).

...this. I could be wrong, but, it seems to me that a game logo would very probably fall into this kind of category.
@kentona lol thank you i needed that laugh.

as for my game not meeting the sites standards , i does meet the sites standards , in fact it even meets the sites requirements , technically speaking that is , it just doesnt meet who ever is approving or disapproving the submissions standards.

From what i can tell this is the requirements for a game submission concerning screenshots:

The screenshots need to have variety - three screenshots of one location will not suffice. Title screens, splash screens, map art, or character art do not count toward your screenshot total (but are certainly allowed).

not one of my screenshots are of the same location , nor are they title screen, splash screens,map art ,or character art.

my screens fit the requirements by the letter of the rules , they just don't apparently meet the standards of who ever is in charge of the game submissions.
author=Marrend
You call this being given flack? I mean, one of the sections in the sumbission rules speaks of screenshots, and it says...

Title screens, splash screens, map art, or character art do not count toward your screenshot total (but are certainly allowed).

...this. I could be wrong, but, it seems to me that a game logo would very probably fall into this kind of category.

it might perhaps , but my game logo is not my title screen, so no it does not or rather should not fall into that category.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I think "splash screen" could the category it's being filed under? I dunno. All I can really say that it's not being counted, and uploading another screen of the game proper could be a solution to your problem.
You had 2 different in-game location shots, and a game logo. Add 1 more in-game location screenshot.
But a game logo does not show anything about the game or it's gameplay except well... the logo.

Ergo: It does not count as a screenshot.
Obviously the intelligent way to act when your game is denied is to directly contact whomever denied your game and give your reasoning. "Hey, I can't post 3 screenshots of different locations because my whole game happens in a single screen" (which is totally valid)

not

posting a thread

bixa, melhore
xoxo
This is why I always say 3-5 in-game images required. Title/Game over/concept art/sample maps don't count as part of the initial required screenshots.

Logo counts as concept art. Maybe I'll make sure in the future to add logo, but I figured the IN GAME part would be easy enough to understand. So noted for future game denials.

Put up another in-game screenshot. Or don't. But if you want to be accepted to the site, you will. We treat everyone the same - I'd ask the same of kentona as I do of you. In fact, I have in the past, done so and he complied. Because everyone is treated equally. You're no exception.

Off topic - my avatar is hella on-topic atm. Aw yis.
author=Liberty
Put up another in-game screenshot. Or don't. But if you want to be accepted to the site, you will. We treat everyone the same - I'd ask the same of kentona as I do of you. In fact, I have in the past, done so and he complied. Because everyone is treated equally. You're no exception.

Oh yeah, I remember that.

brb making a new topic complaining about overbearing submission queue requirements.
So who remembers that gameprofile where the three screenshots were just the contents of the game's folders?

It was a real long time ago to be fair~
As explained in the PM I sent them, some games have less because they were added to the site before the rule came in to effect. Quite a few of the older games on the site don't quite meet the current rules but they get a pass based on being old and crotchety and telling me to get off their lawn.

Y'all would not believe how many games we get where they just show facesets or logos or even map-editor images. Hell, we've had a few show images from deviant art and the like that have nothing to do with their game, then cite 'WORK IN PROGRESS' as the reason they have nothing to show. Yeah, no.
It's also possible that game profiles had the three needed and some time after being approved deleted some. I'd imagine all those jerks that repurpose existing game profiles to another game do so.
Yeah... Mind, if I catch 'em at it, there'll be hell. I always check the dates when I come across one, just in case. No getting past on my watch! >:O
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
author=Liberty
Logo counts as concept art. Maybe I'll make sure in the future to add logo, but I figured the IN GAME part would be easy enough to understand. So noted for future game denials.

TBF, "in game" could be interpreted as "shown while the game program is running" rather than "shown while the player is playing," since "game" covers the .exe as well as the play itself.
in game means inside the game itself
Pages: first 12 next last