NEVER TOO LATE...

Pages: 1
...for introductions, I guess?

Hey all, I generally go by Rine in most internet forums nowadays. Always been an aspiring game designer since I was much younger, though my college experience told me working in the industry was definitely not where I wanted to be. I currently teach English/Science in Korea at a semi-government facility. Since this place actually pays on time and is pretty much guaranteed long term, I finally have time to work on personal projects.

Previously, I have designed some tabletop games for use among my circle of friends as well as coding for a MUD in the past. I consider myself a perpetual student of game design. I will play pretty much everything, because I feel most games, even some reasonably bad ones, have things we can learn from. My coding and design style tends to be taking elements from various mediums/works, and rehashing them to put them together in new and interesting ways. As such, I tend to learn better when I watch people do something, or look at someone else's work, and mix it around to make it do what I want it to do. Examples being taking a waterfall auto-move code in the MUD I worked on, and redesigning it so it could be used for a sliding trap area, or taking code that caused an enemy to counter-attack certain spells, and changing it so it made a boss monster change forms instead.

I am always up for testing other games if wanted, though I will be brutally honest if I don't like portions of your design.
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
Welcome i guess? I mean i don't know how old your account is.
But yeah welcome.

Haven't seen you post in the forum before.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
...for an Ironhide face... wait, what? Nevermind.

Welcome to RMN! Share your creativity with us!

@Mirak: If I'm reading the information correct, Rine's account is three months old.

Yar, didn't notice there was actually a place for introductions until fairly recently.
Oh, seen you popping up quite a bit. Welcome!
Anyone with a Raidou Kuzunoha avatar has to be a great person ~
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
author=Marrend
@Mirak: If I'm reading the information correct, Rine's account is three months old.
Ohh right, i forgot our join date is listed on our profiles.
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
Welcome to RMN?! Um, actually, I should write up a introduction too... It has been five months...
author=Mirak
author=Marrend

This way we can rank you all by order of importance. Welcome to RMN Rine! The name seems a little familiar...
author=kentona
author=Mirak
author=Marrend
This way we can rank you all by order of importance. Welcome to RMN Rine! The name seems a little familiar...

not all of us can claim the elusive march 2007 spot...

..Oh! Welcome~! :)
Pages: 1