[RMVX ACE] "SHOW ANIMATION" DOESN'T WORK SOMETIMES?

Pages: 1
In my ABS I use "Show Animation" to flash a sprite and show an enemy being damaged and killed, as well as make the sound effect. Occasionally, it is ignored by the process; no sound effect or animation is played. Everything else in the process works fine, it doesn't break the game. But it is jarring when you hit an enemy, and they're pushed away by the attack, but don't appear to be taking damage.

Has anyone else encountered this issue, have you found a fix?
You'll probably get better answers from people who are experienced with VX Ace, as I am not, but in RM2K3 it can't start multiple animations that happen at the exact same time (need a 0.1 second interval between them)... might still be the case in VX Ace?
author=Milennin
You'll probably get better answers from people who are experienced with VX Ace, as I am not, but in RM2K3 it can't start multiple animations that happen at the exact same time (need a 0.1 second interval between them)... might still be the case in VX Ace?

In my experience with 2k3 it only allowed 1 animation to play at a time (unless there's some patch/update I'm not aware of), but that's not the case in VX Ace. You can play animations on multiple targets simultaneously, but only 1 animation per target.

I don't think that should be the issue here, I would have thought so if I was hitting multiple enemies and one refused to play, but this can occur when hitting just one enemy, and even neglects to play the sound on the animation's first frame. It can also neglect to "blow up" the enemy when it's killed, which would be the last animation triggered for that target. It's a seemingly random occurrence.

SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

wait for completion, tick this box.
Pages: 1