[RMVX ACE] CONTROL VARIABLES & PARALLEL PROCESSING

Pages: 1
So, I've tried this a few times, and it doesn't seem to work.
I've set up a variable that keeps track of how many plants you extract. I had the idea to have a milestone where when you extract 500 plants you get 1,000 XP.
I put the variable called "Plants Extracted" in a Parallel Processing event set up as so:

@>Conditional Branch: Variable 004: Plants Extracted == 500
@>Change EXP: 001, + 1000
:Else
@>
:Branch End

I thought the event would keep running until the variable reaches 500, but when I tested it I never got the 1000 XP. If there is some way to fix this that would be nice, but if not I guess I just make it so you get 5 or 10 XP for every plant you extract.

Edit: Didn't know brackets deleted what's inside them. The 001 is where the main character's name would go. Since I made so you name your character.
Is it a common event? If it's a normal event, they only affect you when on that map. To make it affect the whole game you need to have a Common Event (found in the Database) and set it to be called by parallel process.
Ah, okay. I thought if I set an event on the map, and set it to paraellel process it would effect the whole map so long as the player went to that map to start up the event.
Actually, I wouldn't use a common event for that milestone - for each plant event, I'd count up the variable once, then check the variable if it's 500, and if so, gain 1k EXP.
It'd be easier to just pop that tally and check into a common event and have the plant event call it (set the common event to None instead of parallel process/etc and then use the event command "Call Common Event" (first page of events, under Flow Control heading)) each time. Much less fussing around and if you want to change the formulae, milestone amount or whatever else, you'd only have to edit the common event, not every plant event. Much more convenient.

Also, I HIGHLY recommend using Comments to note stuff down so you know why you did stuff.
I don't use common events all that much. Kind of wish I had now. Going back and editing very plant event is tiresome. Thanks, by the way for the help Liberty.
Pages: 1