[RM2K3] MAKING A DOUBLE ITEM AND DUAL CAST BATTLE COMMANDS?

Pages: 1
I've been trying to do so with the "Action Times +" event command in the battles. However it doesn't work out. What I am trying to do is to have special commands that allow you to use two items or cast two spells. What I tried was to have a battle event that was activated when the "2x Item" or "Dualcast" commands were used (both are switch commands), however all that happens is that the character loses her turn. I am pretty sure I am doing something wrong. So, is it possible to make a way to use two items or two spells in a single turn via battle events or other way?

EDIT: With more experimenting I could get that a command that activates an action time + will have effect the next turn of the character. Attack and Magic work fine, but items don't seem to be useable in succession, even with the event.

Thanks in advance,
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Well, it seems like you've figured out action time + (make new command in your battle commands through either the classes or the battle screen tabs, in your troops tab, set your trigger to be whenever your selected actor uses that command, etc. etc. etc.).

Items: the most straightforward way to do this is manually: yes, step by step use your battle event window to recreate the item's effects. This means, create a special ability to use 2 items, then under the troops tab, in your battle event window, set your trigger once again to whenever your selected character uses this ability; show text "Uses Item x2", show animation twice, inflict whatever state or attack or effect twice, change HP or MP if you have to twice, if want this to randomly happen in a hit miss ratio, there's a number of tutorials under RPG Tsukuru 2003 that show you how to work variables, and change items. There's a lot of work involved here, but once you're done, you can just copy paste the event to every troop.

It is very likely that someone knows a better way to do this. It's also possible that there isn't a better way to do this. I successfully used this kind of eventing to make a jump ability (now that's hard). Making a dual item command should be much more straightforward.
I guess I can make casting or using an item twice in a row. But is it possible to use the commands twice to select different items or spells? Kinda like, Dualcast to use a heal and then an attack spell?
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Yeah, you have the show choices option in your battle events. First, you can create a submenu by putting as many show choice options as you need into a nested conditional branch. Then for whatever you choose, you can create the intended effect. You should be able to repeat this as many times as you need to until you turn off the trigger. What I don't get is why using an item twice wouldn't work with action time +. It's one of the listed options.
Beats me. I was surprised as well that the character simply loses the turn. Though if it doesn't work I did thought of an alternative... but have to try it first.

EDIT: Ok, nevermind. I thought I could make 2 consecutive spells in the battle via event commands but turns out I can't cast spells via events.

Also, the help file actually states the Action Times + command only works with Attacks and Skills, but doesn't mention items.

EDIT 2: My issue with making a menu based on Text Choices is that it has no way of discerning what items I actually currently have or what spells the characters actually know, meaning it will have access to everything or an arbitrary selection.
Pages: 1