[RMVX ACE] NEED FEEDBACK

Pages: 1
 Introduction 

I've always loved horror games. I loved resident evil even for the cheap camp and tank controls. It's just been an ambition of mine to make my own horror games. I've been using rpgmaker engine for a while now. I'm actually pretty good with it. Just I've got one problem. 

I want to have batters and I can't draw. I've got two game ideas. 

1 that I've been working on for a while now. The other if this one's not a good idea. 

First Idea. A loose "Sweet Home" sequel 

If you don't know Sweet Home; I'll explain it. It's a horror game with a similar plot to resident evil. Except this game was for the Nes and was based on a movie of the Same name. It was also made Capcom. 

I just want to borrow a few mechanics and plot elements. 

The first one being the party switching mechanic. The player could switch between characters and send them to seperate locations. The second being the characters tools. Each character gets their own specific tool for their class. 

Cop-Lighter 

Student-Cellphone

Priest-Ankh 

Photographer-camera

Maid-Vacuum

Mechanic-Wrench

Thief-Lockpick

Each tool has specific function to solve puzzles and get through the game. 

There's just one problem. I don't have any battlers. I sorta want the battlers to be original. I just can't draw.  So I came here to see if anyone could help. 

The center plot of the game is practically the same as Sweet Home. Except a little more in-depth and with more to explore. 

A group of treasure hunters sneak into the old Dunwich Mansion to steal paintings. That's the cop shows and tries to bust. They all get trapped and must go through the mansion grounds to find the seven frescos and escape. 

Pretty generic ain't it. 

I have a few maps made and items used to heal. All the basic stuff. I was hoping to get some feedback on this project. 

If that didn't sound good. Here's my second idea. The One I haven't started yet. 

Second Idea. Scifi Horror game

In this game you play as a group of Smugglers travelling through space before crash landing on a unregistered planet. The planet is inhabited by humanoids who are infected with a plague. The plague causes metal to grow out from the host's body. This turns them into zombie like creature. The main character  gets infected and must fight it to survive.

It'd have a crafting system and advanced fighting system. Where the player must keep the enemies far away from them. 

Tell me what you think and if I should continue any of these ideas. 
If you brainstorm game ideas, you can take it to the "What are you thinking about (game development edition)?" topic.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Your first idea sounds like an intricate problem-solving game, which is kind of the opposite of a horror game. Horror is, in a way, about not being able to solve your problems. If you clearly have the tools for victory then it's not scary. The game has to somehow trick you into thinking you don't. This is hard to do when the primary game mechanic is the ability to switch between a bunch of different tools.

However it's not impossible to do. You could get away with some pretty good horror by forcing the player into situations where they definitely don't have the right character, and don't have any clear way to get the right character to the right place, and are frantically trying to escape while using the wrong tool for the job.

In your second idea I really like the idea of having some sort of battle system where "distance from the enemy" is a meter just like HP that affects how close you are to winning/losing, and different skills affect it different ways. It could end up as a very clever tactical game.

The scary thing about zombies though is the possibility of becoming one. If the entire planet is full of unknown aliens then that removes a lot of the familiarity about their situation, which in turn removes a lot of the anxiety about becoming one of them. The player will have a more difficult time imagining what happened to them, and it won't be as easy for players to picture the same thing happening to themselves.

One possible solution would be to have the player's party members slowly and inevitably and irreversably being caught and turned into infected creatures, and then each of them being a major boss fight, until at the end of the game only the hero is left. This would really drive home the imminent horror of "I could turn into one of them."
Pages: 1