MOGSPECTIVE: LEGEND OF LEGAIA

Pages: first prev 12 last
Yeah, I like this kind of thing a lot. I think I've been the most critical voice in these threads, but I'm just really fond of RPGs and enjoy dissecting them and seeing what we can learn from them. You're going to have to dig pretty deep to find a playstation or earlier jrpg I haven't played, so I'll probably pop up in all of them.*

*I apologize in advance.
If you've got the motivation to keep at it then please do! I never posted since I barely played LoL back in the day: I got 'free' access to all the PS1 classics via a usb mod chip / swap disk but ended up playing a lot of other games. I only ever got to where the first town gets attacked but nothing about the game up to that point hooked me so I moved on.

I hope whatever game you choose next can spark some fun discussion!

Legaia has hella nostalgia for me. It's not perfect by any means but the game had a lot of care and personality put into it. I like Songi the world a lot, the mist actually felt very oppressive. Battle system looks really cool but really is kind of a slog in the long run! Didn't stop me from playing the game several times though, glad I grew up with it.
OMG! I've played this game in my early years and I was so confused at the beginning as the battles was so hard on me! X(( I didn't know I actually had to go to some castle far away to proceed. xDD

But what really excite me as I played the game was how fun and active the battle was.. the music and the action!! xDD

It's actually a really good game! kind of like an RPG mixed with Fighting/kungfu elements xD
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
author=Tonfa

I love how they just stand there and take it in the face. Like, I know this is a moderately old game by today's standards, but you think they could've made them lean to the side like they at least tried to get away, not "ooh, ahh" like watching a fireworks display.
Songi is just so dreamy you can't ignore whatever he is doing, ok
Pages: first prev 12 last