[RMXP] SOUND LIMITS/CUTTING OUT

Pages: 1
Does anybody know of RMXP imposing a sound limit, that being sounds getting cut out if too many are playing at one time? We have footstep sounds in our game, so when two characters are moving around, other vital sound effects, like ambient noise, is cut out until the wait time has gone through. This is absolutely ridiculous since I was able to pull this off in RM2K3 without any cut-offs.

Is there a way to bypass this limit, or has anybody else had this problem? Thanks.
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
As what resource type of sound are these effects being played (i.e. BGM, BGS, ME, or SE)? From what I've seen, you can play as many SEs at once as you want. MEs on the other hand cause BGMs to pause for the time of their duration (but not BGSs). And you can only have one BGM, BGS or ME playing at the same time each.

I can think of no other for why this is happening other than that you're trying to play too many sound effects as MEs. I'm sorry if this isn't helpful.
author=NeverSilent
As what resource type of sound are these effects being played (i.e. BGM, BGS, ME, or SE)? From what I've seen, you can play as many SEs at once as you want. MEs on the other hand cause BGMs to pause for the time of their duration (but not BGSs). And you can only have one BGM, BGS or ME playing at the same time each.

I can think of no other for why this is happening other than that you're trying to play too many sound effects as MEs. I'm sorry if this isn't helpful.

If you're 100% sure that you can play as many SEs as you want, then that's actually useful information and there must be something wrong with our code, thank you!
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
To be honest, I am not absolutely 100% sure there is no limit to the number of SEs that can be played at once. But I tested it out with a huge amount of sounds with just 1 frame waits between them, and it worked fine. I also tested playing 5 different SEs at exactly the same time, and I could also distinctly hear all of them play simultaneously.

The only thing I haven't tried is what happens if a large amount of sounds are being played by different events. I can't imagine that is the reason for the problem, but it's of course possible.
Pages: 1