THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD

WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
author=Dudesoft
I was actually just thinking the other day that the timeline doesn't matter. It's entirely theorhetical where Wind Waker takes place. For all intents and purposes it could be chronologically the last event after all timelines (each passing to X year in time) and a great flood hits Hyrule, regardless of the timeline. That way, it could be on any of the strands, as the natural disaster is an inevitability for the world.

On another note, the symbol on the door where Link wakes up, is that the Vaati symbol?

It doesn't really "matter", sure. But Nintendo said that it's something they do enforce when making Zelda games. It isn't theoretical where WW takes place.

The symbol on the door is the Sheikah insignia.
I think the minish are dead in this game considering you can't get hearts or ruppees from the grass. Since that was the Minish people's hobby sorta speak lol. Just my little fan theory.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
author=RedMask
I think the minish are dead in this game considering you can't get hearts or ruppees from the grass. Since that was the Minish people's hobby sorta speak lol. Just my little fan theory.

Aw, that would suck if it were true.

Then again, it's a plausible theory on the basis that the world you are supposed to be in is "dead" so to speak.
Don't really have much to say about the game other than I wish I didn't see so much footage. The beginning is excellent but probably would have been better if I played it for the first time myself. It's just good to know this isn't an OoT clone but I wonder if it's too late.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
author=WIP
author=Dudesoft
I was actually just thinking the other day that the timeline doesn't matter. It's entirely theorhetical where Wind Waker takes place. For all intents and purposes it could be chronologically the last event after all timelines (each passing to X year in time) and a great flood hits Hyrule, regardless of the timeline. That way, it could be on any of the strands, as the natural disaster is an inevitability for the world.

On another note, the symbol on the door where Link wakes up, is that the Vaati symbol?
It doesn't really "matter", sure. But Nintendo said that it's something they do enforce when making Zelda games. It isn't theoretical where WW takes place.

Point being that the events of Wind Waker happened at X time in the Wind Waker timeline. However, in the other four timelinez, it's not impossible for a Great Flood to happen, regardless of the OoT outcome.
The plateau and erosion are so making me see ocean wear and tear, centuries followed, and now the sea level is lower again. It could be so far in the future, that the timeline sever could be irrelevant for the story.

I am deeply interested to see what the case is. Also. what lies beyond Hyrule valley in that mammoth map! God excitement.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Why did they bring back the fucking stamina meter from Skyward Sword? That shit was the worst.
author=LockeZ
Why did they bring back the fucking stamina meter from Skyward Sword? That shit was the worst.

How else are they going to put a throttle on climbing? It's such a flexible transportation method that it could break the game otherwise.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
It makes sense for climbing, I just hated that Skyward Sword used it for running. Though I'm a big fan of how Assassin's Creed limits climbing - you can climb indefinitely on anything that has horizontal slats or ledges. It's basically the same idea as the "vines" used on climbable surfaces in older Zelda games, but with a much less artifical way of conveying it to the player, so that any surface can be climbable if the texture is right.

They could also just limit climbing to three steps of clambering up the ledge before Link's feet lose their grip, and then have the Goron's Anklet and Power Boots as upgrades to allow five and seven steps later in the game. That would be the most zelda-like way to do it. I don't dislike this way though.

Anyway, I saw this post on Reddit and thought it was neat. Someone located the ruins of Ocarina of Time's Castle Town and Hyrule Castle in Breath of the Wild's trailer videos. Combined with the fact that there are Koroks present, and Koroks were created by the Deku Tree as a direct result of Wind Waker's flood, it seems like this is probably set long after Wind Waker when the waters have subsided. However that's just speculation at this point (there's no reason Koroks couldn't exist in other timelines, and no reason they couldn't retcon them to have always existed)
author=LockeZ
It makes sense for climbing, I just hated that Skyward Sword used it for running. Though I'm a big fan of how Assassin's Creed limits climbing - you can climb indefinitely on anything that has horizontal slats or ledges. It's basically the same idea as the "vines" used on climbable surfaces in older Zelda games, but with a much less artifical way of conveying it to the player, so that any surface can be climbable if the texture is right.

They could also just limit climbing to three steps of clambering up the ledge before Link's feet lose their grip, and then have the Goron's Anklet and Power Boots as upgrades to allow five and seven steps later in the game. That would be the most zelda-like way to do it. I don't dislike this way though.

Anyway, I saw this post on Reddit and thought it was neat. Someone located the ruins of Ocarina of Time's Castle Town and Hyrule Castle in Breath of the Wild's trailer videos. Combined with the fact that there are Koroks present, and Koroks were created by the Deku Tree as a direct result of Wind Waker's flood, it seems like this is probably set long after Wind Waker when the waters have subsided. However that's just speculation at this point (there's no reason Koroks couldn't exist in other timelines, and no reason they couldn't retcon them to have always existed)

It would be much more limited if the climbing were like Assassin's Creed, because grabbable ledges are defined and deliberately placed. In Breath of the Wild you can climb any arbitrary surface. It can't take place after Wind Waker because the Master Sword is in Ganondorf's skull, not the woods.
LockeZ
I guess, within the context of a Zelda game's puzzles, it's definitely way more interesting to be able to do an action in a ton of places than to only be able to to it in the places where you need it. In Link Between Worlds, having to actually figure out what to do was kind of removed from the game for every tool except the wall-merging, but the wall-merging was great and singlehandedly turned the game's dungeons and puzzles into masterpieces.

I wonder if climbing will be as integral to this game as wall-merging was in Link Between Worlds. They're very similar in a lot of ways, as far as how they work within a puzzle.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
More than likely. That plus any gear you get. Like grapple hook or something. They already showed the hang glider.
I'd like masks to return as a stand in for helmets. Not only could they increase defense but have mystical stat changing effects like resistance to fire or increased strength when you only have one heart left.
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
Well this game is out now and it's god damn fantastic. Here are just a few screens I snapped:

https://twitter.com/atbigelow/status/837773564866547712
This is only the first of many incredible viewpoints.
https://twitter.com/atbigelow/status/838147329563635712
Hardest enemy so far was this fucking bear. Lighting him on fire did jack shit.

EDIT: Upset that the only way to get screens off right now is twitter links. Blah.
I now regret that I didn't pre-order the game. I was going to get it yesterday, but it's pretty much out of stock everywhere. I couldn't even find the Wii U version! xD

Watching that one hour long Game Grumps episode sure is tempting, but I must control myself!

The main worry I have with the game is the potential lack of dungeons. I hope that's not the case though, since I guess it wouldn't be a Zelda game if there were no dungeons. xD
WIP
author=Luiishu535
I now regret that I didn't pre-order the game. I was going to get it yesterday, but it's pretty much out of stock everywhere. I couldn't even find the Wii U version! xD

Watching that one hour long Game Grumps episode sure is tempting, but I must control myself!

The main worry I have with the game is the potential lack of dungeons. I hope that's not the case though, since I guess it wouldn't be a Zelda game if there were no dungeons. xD

Throw your worries out the window; there's plenty of puzzle solving.
Zeigfried_McBacon
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
I think I'm coming to the conclusion that this is the best zelda game yet.

author=Luiishu535

There are plenty of dungeons. and puzzles. Fear not.
WIP
author=Zeigfried_McBacon
I think I'm coming to the conclusion that this is the best zelda game yet.

Most likely it is. I don't want to say that until I've beat it.

But just the feeling of the world is unlike any previous game in the series. It's so rich and intoxicating.
I found an African Kpinga in BOTW specifically in the Last Dungeon. It's a very dangerous throwing weapon from Central Africa. In Zelda they call it a boomerang probably just to make it less confusing to the average person.

The weapon came in different styles you can see one similar to the Zelda one in the center of this image.

Hello friends,
I remember spending hours and hours playing this game. I've always been passionate about Zelda, a saga of fantastic games. Looking for information on how to improve my skills and weapons faster I found GAMMAK. Here I found a huge amount of rewards for my game, and for many more of all devices. I thought it was a fantastic site and I wanted to share it with all of you.
Greetings
Exploration of the vast kingdom of Hyrule featured many hours
of climbing, gliding, and riding as the game was open and nonlinear
except during the intro quests. (50-100 hrs in master mode.)
Breath of the Wild 2 can improve upon it's predecessor in the following ways:
1. Link's ability to swim underwater as in Twilight princess.
2. Increase the Durability of weapons by a factor of 10 or 100.
3. Upgrade and/or craft new weapons.
4. Accessible Dungeons and Temples in addition to shrines and divine beasts.