HOW DO I MAKE HYPER/MAKE A NAME FOR MY GAME

Pages: 1
IHello everyone, I am relatively new to the game making community ( though have been using the software for a longer time ) and as my game has been reaching its final 10-12 months of development, I suddenly realised only 3 people know about my game outside of my friend group. I was wondering how I made a name for myself and game. Assuming that when the game comes out it is of a high standards, what do I do before that point? with the amount of time and effort I have put into it it I would feel terrible if it just got buried under other games, so I was wondering how I would go about this
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I am probably. The. Last. Person. To talk about this subject. However, the long and the short of it is networking. Talking about your game in as many places as possible/allowed is part of it, but, you have to be willing to engage with (and about) other devs, and their games, too.
charblar
"wait you made this a career?"
twitter twitter twitter.
follow game devs and interactive with them get retweeted by game dev bots etc.

oh yeah having a good game helps to.
a large web of social media.
you must mind control an army of fans with your divine content.
(if your game looks like shit you already failed)

1. Look into there eyes.
2. Copy them.
3. Capture their imagination.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
You need a catchy banner next to motorway.
author=Lincoln
Don't worry when your game is not recognized, but strive for it to be worthy of recognition.
I know that some people have had luck driving up interest on tumblr. But yeah, twitter seems tops. If your game is more visually interesting, you may find instagram to be cool to do.
author=psy_wombats
author=Lincoln
Don't worry when your game is not recognized, but strive for it to be worthy of recognition.

I know thats the right thing to do but i guess in a sense it just feels like a bit of a pointless struggle, with a combined total of 4 people interested into a game with hundreds upon hundreds of hours work into
Also, think carefully about how you present your game. Make sure information is clear and easy to read/understand, that the images show off the best your game has to offer - and a mix of image types (gameplay, dialogue, systems, etc).
Pages: 1