VX ACE RUNS SLOW AS BALLS IN WINDOWS 10.

Pages: 1
never had this problem in Windows 7 prior to my free upgrade but, ever since I moved up to Windows 10, VX Ace has run VERY slowly. Opening the maker or running test play aren't bad at all and seem to take about as long as before, but if I try to open an event? I have to wait two to three seconds for the event window to pop up. Say I want to do something like click Set Move Route. Again, about a second or two for the window to pop up. Switching tabs in the database, again, a few seconds. The actors tab seems to be the worst. For example, if I try to switch from the enemies tab to the actors tab, all I see is grey for about a seocnd before blank fields in the starting equipment area appears, and then everything else flickers onto the screen about a second later.

TLDR: Various sections of VX Ace run very slow or take a few seconds to open in Windows 10 when it was literally instantaneous on Windows 7. Anyone experience this before or know what could be up? Is Windows 10 known for being slow with VX Ace?
I'm on W10 (whoops) and I have not had these problems. Games take a second or two longer to load but I havent run into anything else of the sort.

Hilariously though, W10 picks up the downloadable RTP packages as Malware, which is hugely frustrating.
I'm on Windows 10 upgraded from 7 and I can give the totally helpful anecdote that I haven't experienced any of this. This is with both the Steam release and the old pre-official release translation w/ crack (I hate that trains are described as acronyms). The only issue I have is with non-steam VX that it lost its serial key and keeps asking for it again whenever I open it.

Your description reminds me of MX with a sufficiently large database actually
I'll give it another spin tonight though, it's been a while since I spun any of them up and maybe there was an update that fucked shit up.
unity
You're magical to me.
That's odd. VX Ace works just fine on my Windows 10 machine.

author=SgtMettool
Hilariously though, W10 picks up the downloadable RTP packages as Malware, which is hugely frustrating.

Yeah, I have this problem, too >.<;;;;;;;;;;;;
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
I've stayed put with Windows 7 for this reason. Ace in general seemed to run slower and I generally just liked win7 better for easy access to all my stuff and projects. I shot back to win7 after the "upgrade" once I realized the few things I actually use a desktop for these days worked.

No real problem though, I don't see the reason to switch.
Pages: 1