BLUMIU'S ART DUMP

Hello RMers :) This is my first post here and likely to be main, unless I make a thread sharing my writing. I thought it would be great to share my artwork with other artists here, get some feedback and eventually, every now and then, take up some requests for those that would like~

I'll start with some recent works. Most of these are for a personal project that eventually some time in the future, I possibly would like to make into a game. For now, it's strictly art-based.

Transients

Primul Vampire

Mindscape

The first are for the same series, Eternity: Lost Children part one and two. Last is for a psychological/surreal story called ALTER, something different from my fantasy stuff.
Amazing :O
You should make the next Castlevania or something! Really cool!
author=MadJak91
Amazing :O
You should make the next Castlevania or something! Really cool!

Thank you,kind MadJak91 :) Ah, if only Iga still had the project in his care...Alas, Ayami Kojima is indeed one of the influences that's spurred me, though I'll never paint anywhere as beautifully as her lol!
Rad! I half hoped you will say she influenced you because that is the vibe I felt from the second pic :D
Keep uploading!
Main character of my ORION story, though he starts of as the antagonist. This seems like a pretty good one I could turn into a bust, maybe face set if zoome in and edited, but definitely what you'd see in status screen. Story-wise, Orion is known as the Phantom Sorcerer and his design is a mix of Egyptian and Persian, much like the Ariem race he comes from

Long white hair. Antagonist confirmed! Kinda ;D
Cool!

Even if you will not make an RPG game, I think these can still be used for a potential dark fantasy visual novel kind of thing.
author=MadJak91
Long white hair. Antagonist confirmed! Kinda ;D
Cool!

Even if you will not make an RPG game, I think these can still be used for a potential dark fantasy visual novel kind of thing.

You know, I kinda try to avoid tropes like that, but never considered it because he doesn't stay the antagonist, lol! Oh well, can't avoid them all. And thank you!

I'm strongly considering it for after I've written everything and have concept work in place, but not entirely sure if this or all will be RPG Maker, especially if within a team. I do have one story I think could work as a visual novel, but not ORION. It would be an RPG for sure.

author=Caladium
cool looking character

Thank you, madam :)
Well, here's a little more variation in my work. I typically stick to a semi-realistic anime style more suited to character design and illustration, but since I grew up on video-games and anime, other influences had a hold on me first. Here are a few of those done at leisure~

Musuko no Kaminariwallpaper
This probably my most stylized form, though haven't had a lot of practice getting back into it. I'll eventually get it to the point of sleek, fast and energetic.
This is for an idea I had since I love samurai-related anime and samurai in general. "Sons of Thunder" is about two former samurai brothers that were once under the current daimyo of Tochi no Kenkaku "Land of the Drawn Sword". His power made him corrupt, and the brothers withdrew their swords from his service; one becoming a hermit and the other aliasing under a smaller lord. With the entrance of foreign influence, the daimyo extended an iron fist over his province, stirring a small yet fierce resistance that sought after Ken and Idai Kotoba.

Osanaga Ubei: Legend of the Infant Fist
Don't ask lol! This literally means "Baby Ubei" with Ubei being a parody character I made up in high-shcool. This is in the vein of Tetsuo Hara (Fist of the North Star)and exaggerating the young protagonist trope to that of an infant trying to rescue his mother. The idea is though he appears as a toddler in reality, glimpses of his "aura" reveal the warrior within him, giving a hint to his father and lineage. So pretty much, FotNS with toddlers beating up grown men XD

Tasayama Nakano concept
Being the actual first story in my Eternity series, plot and setting pushed it back to being the final story. For the longest time its had a more anime look as I've not updated it entirely tot he style I want for it, but still suits it in ways, so I can bounce between just for fun. This is one of the characters I updated an old drawing for, a Yousei prince, half-brother to Shinsei, one of the main protagonists.

Dusk Merloci~swordsman concept 1~

Just finished this!
author=BluMiu
Tasayama Nakano concept

I dig dem clothes, honestly :>
author=MadJak91
author=BluMiu
Tasayama Nakano concept
I dig dem clothes, honestly :>

Aren't they just the snazziest thing? Haha, It was kind of luck thinking of that kind of pattern as I was thinking of redoing his concept altogether if I couldn't make it work.
And now some artwork for Innocenza; though it has it's sweet and lighthearted moments, the story is vastly dark, being a dark fantasy on the drama side. It follows the lives of Miriam Louisa Arcturus Gavrielle (yes, that's her name) and Rema Cetrine Merloci, in their childhood long before events in Lost Children.

I'll start with a few illustrations of done of the pair. Even some cutesy ones for those that enjoy that sort of thing, lol!

From when I was trying to figure things out with a good look for them. I say that, but it's more likely I just messed it up~

Illustration piece that would make a nice cover of a sort, even title screen.

This one is just for fun
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
author=BluMiu

Something about that arm looks a bit off to me? Or maybe it's the positioning of her face? Sorry if I cannot be more precise!
author=Marrend
author=BluMiu

Something about that arm looks a bit off to me? Or maybe it's the positioning of her face? Sorry if I cannot be more precise!

More than likely, as I said, I screwed that one up and have no desire to go back and fix it. Many months old....I probably lied there, seeing as I always go back and revise old works.
Now that I gander a bit, it's probably the face. Usually you will see the head tilted inward toward the other person, not outward, but it's possible. I think what makes it look off is I drew the neck line too far back and not downward.

Good eye, though!
And where you have illustrations, one must have busts/portraits. Thankfully most things done in art happen to be necessities in RPG Maker artwork as well. If I ever got around to developing something, I have them in place (unless I updated after some time).
Character bios, for no portrait can tell an entire story by itself~

Miriam Gavrielle

Full Name- Miriam Louisa Arcturus Gavrielle
Alias (s) - Viktoria
Date of Birth- Aral(6)/10/130 A.G. (131 B.E.)
Age- 12 yrs old
Eyes- Red
Hair- Blonde
Height- 4'3'' (129 cm)
Weight- 60 lbs (27.2 kg)
Sex- Epicene (hermaphrodite)
Nationality- Kolonian
Occupation- None
Interests- Arte, sorcery, musik, mythology, Penumbra history, novella, fashion
Hobby (s) – Viol, piano, lyre, harp, singing, dancing, cooking, reading, sewing

Miriam was sheltered by and dependent upon her mother most of her life. Born with both reproductive parts, it was an anomaly among the proud Penumbra. Her mother received her lovingly if not egregiously, due to either side of family having difficulty accepting the child. Miriam grew up aware of this, but her life with mother and father was ideal for any child. Gifted in song and music, the artes were a daily part of her life and the artisan and theatre districts her favorite places to visit.

At only the age of twelve, her world became faced with the dark reality lying just outside their household; the Gravuzie plague shadowed the black city for many years and never effected her family directly until that fateful day. Upon returning home with her mother, both were immediately attacked and restrained by none other than her father and elderfather. The girl had never noticed the steady change in her father, but the madness they endured went beyond the animalistic savagery it crippled the victims minds with. This was just as barbaric if not worse in nature, being calculated ritualistically.

Both were assaulted periodically until Miriam's psyche broke, allowing a personality to be implanted as well as a powerful spirit. Before anymore could be done, Cachusa awakened to a form lost to the Penumbra, killing her husband and step-father, but rescuing Miriam. Fleeing Kolonia shortly before returning to seek aid from her family, Miriam and she were taken in by Adriana, Miriam's great eldermother and progenitor of the current Arcturus bloodline. During their recovery mentally and physically, Miriam discovered herself to be with child and fled the mountain hollow.

It would not be for many months until Cachusa, Ilinca and Adriana found her again, already given birth and discarding it. This is when the personality, Vikotoria took control for nearly a decade. During that time, they were sent without Kolonia to elude whomever among the elders of Kolonia was behind the incident, if not the spread of the plague. Sheltered within Lumas Interlo by House Dianisia, allies of House Arcturus, Miriam/Viktoria were most stable during this time.

Ill fate followed again, with Valdmir Blair, figure behind the Red Council, discovered her in Dianisia's care. Ebrem Castle was attacked and all but Viktoria, Cachusa and Amunda Dianisia escaping. With her only friend leaving them for revenge, while the pair went into the wilds again. Fortune came to them when bandits stumbled upon their cursed wood with treasure stolen from the Duke of that land. Taking it for themselves and killing the Duke's knights, they disguised themselves in Huema society.

Finding themselves in Isalme, this is when Miriam met Rema DiBesto, a Huema girl that would become a true friend and companion. Sharing not just their gain with the struggling family, Miriam taught Rema magic, literacy and the artes of various cultures. To fulfill Rema's dream of becoming a knight, she also taught her swordplay learned at her time in Ebrem. Once Miriam learned Rema's secret concerning her father, Miriam (or Viktoria) was the last to see him alive.

Having made Rema an Umbra, a half-Penumbra through a forbidden blood ritual, eventually her mother Magnolia as well through Cachusa, the families journeyed Catheel together of many decades. Their joy and adventures came to an end when Marteen, a knight having survived their battle long ago, became a Hunter and survived on the blood of Penumbra, returned for revenge. Parting with her friend, Miriam and Cachusa prepared themselves for an entire order of Penumbra Hunters.

Rema Merloci

Full Name- Rema Cetrine DiBesto
Alias (s) - Transient Notte
Date of Birth- Aral 6/15/72 SE
Age- 11 yrs old
Eyes- Grey
Hair- Black
Height- 5’1’’ (154.9 cm)
Weight- 105lbs (47.6 kg)
Sex- Female
Nationality- Isalmian
Occupation- None
Interests- Traveling, music, mythology, dance, knights
Hobby (s) - Manteen-back riding, collecting holy stones

The child of a commoner and gypsy, Rema dreamed of becoming a knight at a young age after hearing many of her grandfather's war stories. Adopting boyish tendencies despite her mother's rearing, it was less enviable in the eyes of her father. Despite his discouraging her hoyden ways, it did little to stop it or from scuffling with local boys for their teasing. After her grandfather's death at the Battle of Baledgnona where Rema's father also disgraced himself, stability for the family shifted. Imprisoned for a year, Rema barely recognized him, even less after he took heavily to spirits and became violent towards them.

Imagination was the one thing that could take her mind off of the hard times that beset them because of the current war's effects. The grape vineyard and other crops once serving them well no longer yielded enough to keep up with demand, their only option seeming to be servitude under the land's lord. Her father's pride would not allow this nor for his wife to help their crisis, he joined Rema's grandfather and uncle into the next major battle in hopes of looting wealth enough to sustain them.

While the men were away, Rema's grandmother taught her to hunt as their gypsy descendants did for food and income, and the girl was easily able to adapt it into an adventure. Ill tidings continued when her uncle returned alone, informing them her grandfather fell on the field and father was imprisoned for egregious conduct.

It was around this time that Rema first met Miriam Gavrielle during the snowy season, the girl and her mother moving into the outskirts of Notte's countryside. Rema became enamored with her vast experience of the world, lavishness and feminine appeal Rema felt she lacked. Their friendship led to Rema learning to read, write, learn of the world Miriam had experienced, it's wonders and dangers and much about the Penumbra. To her ultimate joy, Miriam also taught her the arte of fencing, her first steps toward fulfilling her dream.

Cachusa Gavrielle

Full Name- Cachusa Saphrene Arcturus Gavrielle
Alias- None
Age- 99 years old
Date of Birth- Nebre(7)/22/44 BE
Race- Penumbra
Nationality- Kolonian
Eyes- Red
Hair- Blonde
Height- 5'5" (165.1 cm)
Weight- 127 lbs (57.6 kg)
Sex- Female
Occupation- Sorceress
Interests- Clothing/fashion, music, poetry, sorcery, novella, fine & culinary artes, floriculture
Hobbies- Viol, piano, gardening, diary, reading, writing, cooking, seaming, light weaving

Third child of Costach and Ilinca Cardinal, she and her elder sister survive their older brother, a victim of the Gravuzie virus overshadowing the Penumbra of Kolonia. Suffering from uncontrollable fits growing up, her behavior earned her a reputation as extremely troubled and dangerous, seeing as she had tendency to use her magic unhindered on whatever occasion. Attributing this to her huge insecurities compared to her siblings, Cachusa's temperament dwindled somewhat as a young woman, but vanished the moment she gave birth to Miriam.

Motherhood matured her drastically as she devoted herself entirely to raising the girl, if not at times spoiling her and being overprotective. Due to Miriam's condition at birth, it alienated the child from both sides of her family, to which Cachusa was quick to cut them off as she and Elyot worked to further his political career. Still close with her aunt and uncle, Cachusa remained conscious that aside from this, her own introverted personality would become apart of her daughter, recognizing she desired this dependency for her own comfort.

Unaware of the danger she protected Miriam from, the gravuzie virus would soon come to her home in a way unimagined. Noticing very little of Elyot's condition as it varied from all other cases, she and her daughter were not prepared for the horrors that awaited them and would last many days. Enduring the sado-masochism of her changed husband and father-in-law, Cachusa only thought of somehow saving Miriam up until her body finally gave in. It was then under inexplicable circumstances that her Penumbra blood "awakened", allowing her to take a form lost to her people centuries ago and killed both Stromber and Elyot.

Fleeing with Miriam into the wilderness to heal and collect herself after the trauma, the only thing she had left was her family. Through this tragedy the past was of no effect and she learned all that had happened was of a dark design by Vladmir Blair, the oldest of the Penumbra surviving Lithavania and hidden hand behind the Red Council. Under her eldermother, Adriana Arcturus, she learned how to harness her abilities and eventually, she and Miriam were sent away from Kolonia, away from Vladmir's influence. It was also part of Cachusa's mission to find a way to help Miriam, now fractured from what she endured and forced to carry an unknown spirit within her, one that grows in influence with the passing of time.

Magnolia DiBesto

Full Name- Magnolia Rem DiBesto
Alias (s) - None
Date of Birth- Ceorl 10/23/147SE
Age- 34 yrs old
Eyes- Grey
Hair- Ashen blonde
Height- 5’4’’ (162.5cm)
Weight- 123lbs (55.7 kg)
Sex- Female
Nationality- Isalmian
Occupation- Vineyardess, dancer, huntress/trapper
Interests- Nomadic culture, animals, culinary artes, theology, spirits, herbology
Hobby (s) - Manteen-back riding, gardening, dancing, fortune readings

Coming from a family of gypsies, the misconceptions of their people never truly impacted Magnolia and her siblings in their childhood, her father hired as a bodyguard and soldier in Isalme throughout his life. Wildlings, as they were, called, raised carefree and being resourceful with the land around them on their travels. When the time came to settle down with all five children, the Merloci family set house outside the rural village of Notte, planting a vineyard and small shop of gypsy expertee.

Magnolia fell in love with a young man, Terzo, of little repute, but just the right ruff around the edges for her. Despite hesitance on their part, Magnolia and Terzo were given blessings to marry. Terzo helped at the vineyard and eventually joined Guliarno in small skirmishes. It was not long before Magnolia gave birth to a daughter, Rema.

Together with what earnings Terzo earned over the years and help from her parents, the pair bought back Terzo's family home collected in debt. Putting away her gypsy garbs and ornaments for "egibri" attire, Magnolia settled into the role of a housewife; on occassion however, she would attend the return of the troupe in dance and at times during festivals in Notte.

Times were fair in the beginning, but with the return of war, the small vineyard they began on their own could not stand. Terzo's incompetence on the battlefield and infidelity could be traced to his love of spirits. Resourceful from her rearing, it was all Magnolia could do to barely manage. Her only solace was in her faith of the Reverent Mother. The one thing she could manage was keeping her tomboy daughter's spirits high even with her worsening marriage.
Cachusa looks good for being 99 years old!
I guess age is different for Penumbras.

I see the pattern here. Not so fortunate mothers meet and their also not so fortunate daughters :/
author=MadJak91
Cachusa looks good for being 99 years old!
I guess age is different for Penumbras.

I see the pattern here. Not so fortunate mothers meet and their also not so fortunate daughters :/

Aye, good sir~ 99 is young for Penumbra; they usually start having children around 150. I suppose if I do concepts of the races, I'll be able to present information on them that way.

Indeed ^^ Fortunately, the unfortunate pattern stops there as I wanted to two girls to have pasts they could relate and console one another with. The two girls become friends first, while Magnolia, like any other huema, is scared stiff of Penumbra. It takes a little understanding and convincing on their part, but eventually she comes around and then the two mothers are introduced.
Innocenza portraits cont.This time, meet House Arcturus, Miriam's family...eventually I will draw her father's side, but just hasn't occurred to me yet.

Adriana Stella Arcturus

Full Name- Adriana Stella Arcturus
Alias (s) - None
Date of Birth-Dyne/9/1027 CR (367AG)
Age- 508 yrs old
Eyes- Violet
Hair- Dark Blue
Height- 5'11’’ (180 cm)
Weight- 144 lbs (65.8 kg)
Sex- Female
Nationality- Lithavanian
Occupation- None (Sorceress)
Interests- Penumbran history, ancient history, sorcery, Lithavanian fine artes, Lithavanian architecture, astrology, theology, philosophy, astrology, astronomy, zoology, foreign customs, culinary artes
Hobby (s) – Piano, viol, star charting, reading, painting, gem forging, light weaving, cooking, charms, tarot reading, meditation, taming Wes Mountain’s creatures, flying, gardening

The last Viennrosette of Lithavania, Adriana witnessed the destruction of her home and kingdom, said to be at her father's hands during her uncle's rebellion for the throne. With only her great uncle Germaine, they took refuge in Gale and the Gardens of Rayne. Still young, Germaine tried to gather loyalists to reistablish their royal house, but Vladmir Blair and other elders of the Penumbra branded House Arcturus traitors, cutting them off from much support.

Germaine left to find a means to regain their place and truth behind Lithavania's fall, but he never returned. Adriana remained in the Gardens for a time until meeting Daemona, one of the last Salbaticci (feral) of their people. Hiding away in the mountain heights of Wes Border Mountains, they watched the progression of Kolonia as Adriana planned to take back what was hers.

Adriana continued her lineage through Engel, Ilinca and Rochel, raising them in preparation to enter Kolonia and reinstate their family name. Like Daemona, Adriana still retained her Penumbra form where all in the settlement were no longer able, not even her children.

Over the many decades and after Daemona's final rest, Adriana watched over her family from the mountains. She watched the mysterious Gravuzie virus surface among her people and Varen's death at the creature's hands; both suspecting Vladmir and the Red Council to be behind. With what befell Cachusa and Miriam, Adriana decides it is time for her to step from the shadows and take an active role. With Cachusa awakening, she leaves to follow the vague trail her great uncle left behind.

Engel Arial Arcturus

Full Name- Engel Arial Arcturus
Alias (s) - None
Date of Birth- Estas/25/217 AG
Age- 358 yrs old
Eyes- Red
Hair- Black
Height- 5'9’’ (175 cm)
Weight- 163 lbs (73.9 kg)
Sex- Male
Nationality- None (claims Lithavania)
Occupation- Bureaucrat
Interests- Penumbran history, Lithavanian fine artes, polity, wine brewing, blacksmithing, glyph-blade forging, Nisrian culture, Huema culture
Hobby(s)– Attending social functions, wine-tasting, four-lord's folly, cooking, painting

Firstborn of Adriana Arcturus and currently only male of the surviving Arcturus line. This places him as the head of his clan on which all responsibility and success of their reinstatement rest. Prepared specially from a young age, his mother was stricter with him (in part due to his nonchalant personality). Though masterful in the magic artes, his skill with the blade has yet to be bested.

Taking his sisters with him into Kolonia under instruction of their mother, their dependency on him matured him greatly and he quickly made a name for himself among the aristocracy, though womanizing became a new bad habit. He became a new voice within the Red Council, Kolonia's governing voice, and a figure loyalists to the old monarchy could rely their hopes. Where support was garnered, enemies of the Arcturus while those dispassioned from the past watched the outcome.

Currently in a power struggle with the senior members of the council, Engel has made the gravuzie crisis his primary focus despite a sliding grip, reinforced by his brother-in-law, Costach Cardinal. The impact of the virus strikes home when he learns his niece Cachusa's home has been destroyed by what appears to be the work of someone within transformed, with only mangled bodies as evidence of victims.

Aside from his role within Kolonia, Engel secretly is a patron of the Penumbra Underground, a group harboring those seeking life outside the settlement's confines for the outside world. Feared and despised by the Huema and thin relations with the Aerolite, the Underground shelters and supplies Penumbra through the western reaches of Catheel while slowly expanding.

Ilinca Ortensia Arcturus Cardinal

Full Name- Ilinca Ortensia Arcturus Cardinal
Alias (s) - None
Date of Birth- Signe/12/213 AG
Age- 354 yrs old
Eyes- Red
Hair- Black
Height- 5'0'' (152cm)
Weight- 113 lbs (51.2 kg)
Sex- Female
Occupation- None (Biologist)
Interests- Penumbran history, sorcery, Lithavanian fine artes, Lithavanian architecture, astrology
Hobby (s) – Piano, viol, singing (rare), star charting, reading, painting, interior design, gem forging

Ilinca is the second child of Adriana Arcturus, former Viennrosette (princess) of Lithavania. Raised in their mountain hermitage away from Kolonia, they were taught of their lineage, its betrayal, downfall contrary to what the rest of their people believe. Having a wit and way with words from a young age, Adriana nurtured it into speechcraft alongside schooling in polity and diplomacy. Aside this, Ilinca inherited her mother's gift for the black artes as well as a personal interest in the sciences.

Sent to Kolonia as a young woman, she acted as her brother's adviser until she married a loyalist to House Arcturus, Costach Cardinal. Eventually the two men gained a foothold with a handful of allies in the Red Council, allowing Ilinca to begin her own initiative of exploring the mystery of how the Penumbra lost their inherent forms and abilities. She also provided some knowledge when the Gravuzie outbreaks began. This research was halted by her becoming a mother to three of her own, Varen, Vetrise and Cachusa.

Hardships came when it seemed the Arcturus numbers were growing with their influence. Cachusa was born with an unstable mind, causing violent fits and emotional swings most of her young life. Varen and his fiance were killed by Gravuzie, something she believed was planned by enemies among the council, including Ser Vladmir Blair. With Vetrise being close to her brother and finding a mentor in Blair, she chose to leave Kolonia altogether while continuing her mother's research and her own. It was only after these events did Cachusa's behavior vanish altogether, a mystery staying with Ilinca until some time later when Cachusa gave birth to her own daughter.

Unable to accept the child's epicene sex, this added distance between she and Cachusa, it would not be until years later after Miriam's possession and Cachusa's awakening that Ilinca began putting the puzzle together with aide from her mother. Through Vetrise's letters linking the gravuzie to the Red Council, Ilinca would slowly begin to unravel a chain events from the far past and those that followed the Arcturus to present day.

Rochel Dian Arcturus Archibald

Full Name- Rochel Dian Arcturus Archibald
Alias (s) - None
Date of Birth- Estas/8/212 AG
Age- 353 yrs old
Eyes- Red
Hair- Brown
Height- 5'3’’ (160 cm)
Weight- 125 lbs (56.6 kg)
Sex- Female
Occupation- Poetess/Writer, Potter
Interests- Penumbran history, Lithavanian fine artes, Kolonian fine artes, linguistics, foreign novels, horticulture, floriculture
Hobby(s)– Cooking, sewing, reading, light weaving, gem forging

Youngest of Adriana's children, Rochel inherited a gentleness neither her parents possess though her mother says it is from her grandmother. Soft-hearted and meek, she tended to be subject to Ilinca's whims while Engle is closest to a father figure and respects him so. Separation from their hollow and Adriana was the most difficult for her, having Engel bring her back regularly at some risk.

Eventually settling into their new life, she grew to enjoy the culture and achievements of their people, particularly the artisan guild. Marrying a young architect, she became Lady Archibald yet has yet to bear children like her sister.

Instead, she took to a secondary mother role towards Ilinca's children and eventually, Miriam. She demonstrates a strength of character in comforting her sister though just as distraught and continues contact with Cachusa and Miriam when possible when they go into hiding beyond Kolonia.

Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Love this style you're developing it. It's so good. Kinda envious! My styles have always been clutching the simple cartoony side of art.

I will note that Engel's iris' are not pointing the wrong directions.
It makes him look cross eyed. Generally both iris' will point the same direction regardless where they're looking. In this case, if you moved the left eye to the left to match the right eye, it would look more natural. If that makes sense.