TASTY GAMES

Pages: 1
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
This is an odd discussion, but I'm one to think outside the box, so let's get this started. Have you ever played or seen a game that for whatever reason struck you as something that if it were edible, would be extremely tasty? Maybe the graphics have a strangely food-like feel to them (we're not necessarily talking Kirby's Adventure's Ice Cream Island) or maybe the music just feels crunchy and peanut buttery? I'm not expecting this topic to explode given the subject matter, but what the hell, let's give it a go.

My game would be Darkwing Duck for the NES, namely the turtles that sneeze and shoot their shells at you and the "thickness" (for lack of a better word) of the sound effects. For some reason, that's always made me hungry.

Dunno if this relates strongly enough, but here's a funny story. I was once playing Animal Crossing close to lunchtime, and of course I was getting hungry. But I was engrossed enough in my routine that instead of recognizing that I was actually hungry, I had my character in-game eat an apple and kept going. A few minutes later I think, "Man, I'm hungry again already, what's it take in this game to stave off...ohhhhh wait..." I guess you could say the colorful apple icon looked pretty tasty.
Games never make me hungry, but this thread caused me to spend some time last night replaying Papa Louie 2: When Burgers Attack.
In the original Super Mario Bros there were those jumpy levels with mushrooms (like for example level 4-3). For some reason they always reminded me of candies or ice cream or something.
Pages: 1