LITTLE ORANGE SUN THING?

Pages: 1
Yet again I need help and I will be very thankful for anyone who does. Now, I've finished my demo (It's around 12 maps) but last time I uploaded it, I must have uploaded the wrong one, because it only came up as 60KB, when it should be more. When I uploaded the game last time (it got denied btw) about 5 different files came up and I didn't know which one to click (The files were like: Jesus RPG INSTALLER, Jesus RPG Audio etc.) so I just uploaded the one with the little orange sun logo thing next to it. Which one SHOULD I upload? ???
NoblemanNick
I'm bringing this world back for you and for me.
Upload the game after you exported the game the icon should be the son with arrows pointing outward.
Oh, I saw that! Ok, Thanks loads! It's depressing that no-one actually answered except you, but all I needed was one smart person! Oh, by the way, I'm just saying Thank you, I'm not coming on to you. :D Just so you know.... 8)
author=WillCourt link=topic=2225.msg37702#msg37702 date=1223938128
It's depressing that no-one actually answered except you

It wasn't even an hour yet!
Ok, ok! It's just it felt like an AGE had gone past for me, since I was the one who needed the help. Funny how that happens ey? Oh, by the way, when I click the Orange Sun Thing With Arrows Sticking Out, it goes into the box, but when I click continue, it just takes ages to load. I got bored, and I gotta go to bed now (dunno what time it is where-ever you guys are, but in Wales, it's 12:15 AM and I got school) but did it take ages to load for you? And it says its 128 MB, is that a lot? I don't know these things, sorry for being an idiot :D I'll post again tomorrow, bye!
NoblemanNick
I'm bringing this world back for you and for me.
author=WillCourt link=topic=2225.msg37717#msg37717 date=1223939849
Ok, ok! It's just it felt like an AGE had gone past for me, since I was the one who needed the help. Funny how that happens ey? Oh, by the way, when I click the Orange Sun Thing With Arrows Sticking Out, it goes into the box, but when I click continue, it just takes ages to load. I got bored, and I gotta go to bed now (dunno what time it is where-ever you guys are, but in Wales, it's 12:15 AM and I got school) but did it take ages to load for you? And it says its 128 MB, is that a lot? I don't know these things, sorry for being an idiot :D I'll post again tomorrow, bye!

yep that is alot, you probably have a bunch of MP3 right?
More than you can imagine. ;D But most of it isn't actually ingame yet (it's a demo) so should I export some, and try it again? Maybe that will lower memory value?
dragonheartman
Developer, Starless Umbra / Heroes of Umbra
Only include music you NEED.

To put things in perspective for you, my game has over 800 maps and is under 30 mb uncompressed.

You don't want your game's download to take longer than it actually does to play through the demo.
Yeah, I've exported the unused music now, and it's much less. There's another problem though.... for some reason, when I press the "Make Game Disk" button, it just freezes 1 bar before the end. I have no viruses and I don't know what the hell is happening. Kentona suggested that I just put it in a ZIP file, but I don't know how to do that.... Any ideas? (or help on how to make ZIP file?)
seriously dude, you need to learn to use a computer - zipping a file is straightforward. So is GOOGLING.

http://www.winzip.com/xdir.htm
Ahhhh! Lemme alone! ;D Nah, thanks for the help, I'm pretty weird when it comes to learning stuff. I don't learn basics, I just jump straight in deep end. :D
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
And, unless you're Craze, that is how you fail.
I can't tell wether you're being completley self-absorbed, or if that's a joke. ;D Umm.. also, another problem (is the problem god trying to punish me?) I have now compressed the file, and have made it into ZIP. It's about 761,000 KB. (dunno wether that's loads or.... not loads) but when I click the "Add download" button, (on my profile) and I select the file, I press continue, but it takes AGES to fill the little green bar at the bottom. And when it finally does, it just stays there and doesn't do anything. It just stays full, refusing to accept my download. It's mocking me! Ahhhh! :-[
Holy shit. Are you seriously trying to upload a file that is three-quarters of a Gig in size??!?!!! What the hell do you have in there?

Jeez Louise.

Cut your project down to 10 MB. And use this site, because you seem complete out-of-touch with how filesize is calculated: http://egret.net/kb__mb.htm

EDIT:
To put this into perspective, your one ZIP file is

• Bigger than what you can fit on a CD
  • Bigger than most harddrives that were built 15 years ago
  • 50% bigger than all the games combined released on Release Something IV.
  • 100x bigger than what it should be (no joke - it is seriously 100 times bigger than a typical game)
JESUS CHRIST, I CAN'T DO ANYTHING RIGHT! ARGHHHHhhhhh.h..h..hh...... *pulls out gun*

EDIT: *puts gun away* What should I cut out? ??? *pulls out gun again*
If your using a lot of mp3 music that is probably whats made it so big. That's a pretty big file.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
I don't know if you're a joke account or you just have an Int of 3. If it's the latter, I feel very bad for you, man.
Tau
RMN sex symbol
How does someone manage to have a game with 12 maps amount to the size of 700+ MBs? I suggest you start a new fresh project and just import the maps.
DemonDestiny: Yeah, it's 'cause of the MP3 files. I'm deleting 3/4 of them now.
MaxMcgee: I'm not stupid! (I'm in the advanced class for most subjects) but I'm pretty dull when it comes to computers. And RPG Maker.
Tau: Import the maps? Didn't know you could do that, but since I'm already half-way through deleting music, I'll stick with that. Thanks anyway though!
Pages: 1