HERO WON'T MOVE, WHAT AM I DOING WRONG? RMVX ACE

Pages: 1
For some reason the player character won't move. I don't know what would be in the event that it is preventing the hero from moving after all the commands have been run. All that is on the other page is a switch, under the conditions, to make the character who you were with, disappear as this is a intro cut scene.

The second page of the event isn't on auto-run so I don't know what would be impacting it to not let the player move.

Trihan
"It's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly...timey wimey...stuff."
What's the activation condition for page 2?
It's switch: 0005:Finished with Marcus
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
A habit everybody should have: for each move event, make sure "through ON" is the first move command and "through OFF" is the last one.

Other than that: make sure the tile passability around the hero is set to O. Check tiles B through E and make sure the top left tile passability is set to star on each of them.

That should cover it.
I've tried what you've said and still the hero won't be able to be moved after the event has finished. I've looked at the few events which lead up to this and I can't see anything else which might conflict.

However, I've put the player start location just after the first few events. It's like the Elderscrolls style where it's the character creation scenes. Something in that is screwing everything up. I'll put them up tomorrow and see what you guys think.
Trihan
Do you definitely not have another autostart event on the same map that isn't being switched to another page?
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Trihan
Do you definitely not have another autostart event on the same map that isn't being switched to another page?

Or parallel processes. If you've got parallel processes and autorun events running at the same time on the same page, they can screw with each other.
I did have a parallel process event on the same page but I took it out, just to be on the safe side. It shouldn't have been active though. It's turned on by a switch much later on in the game.

Here are some images of the events leading up to it. If anything seems odd about them which might be causing the problem, please let me know.

One had a self switch for no good reason, so I've taken that out. It was just a block of text. The variable when choosing a character "Gender of Hero" is just to determine whether he/she etc is used in dialogue.
Trihan
It looks like you don't have a "wait" set for the move route, maybe that's screwing with it?
Sorry. I didn't take an image of it in between. The top half is for the npc leading the way, the bottom half is for the character. It has wait set for the player who is following along behind.
Trihan
One thing that's interesting is that the autorun you just posted a screenshot of appears to be a different one from the one in your first post?
I know. I was taking an image of the first few events which happen before that one.

I've got it running properly now, hopefully. I removed an unnecessary switch and auto switch and it seemed to solve the problem. They were doing absolutely nothing.

Thanks for your help.
Trihan
Good stuff, if you have any further issues with it don't hesitate to ask, but touch wood that's you sorted!
author=MoonWolfV
For some reason the player character won't move. I don't know what would be in the event that it is preventing the hero from moving after all the commands have been run. All that is on the other page is a switch, under the conditions, to make the character who you were with, disappear as this is a intro cut scene.

The second page of the event isn't on auto-run so I don't know what would be impacting it to not let the player move.

Autorun has to either be switched out (sometimes its off but not killed) or erased with Erased event. To be on the safe side, do both. Another thing you can do is teleport (without transition) to an identical screen.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Yeah, it seems like your problem was that auto-run events loop forever until their conditions are no longer met.
I think the issue was that the Self Switch A (I assume it turned off the Auto event) would have cut out everything after that point since it would have switched to the new page instead of fulfilling the rest of the commands.
Liberty is right. Once you activate something it takes priority.
Pages: 1