[RMVX] MAKING TILES CHANGE?

Pages: 1
Is there a way to make a tile change/appear after the player steps over it. For example, though not what I am trying to do, having a player step onto a stone tile, the character automatically jumping back, then the stone tile turning into a lava tile. I've tried to figure it out through switches but they don't really make much sense to me..
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Okay. This is a very simple thing to do.

1. Leave the tile space in question blank.

2. Create an event over the blank space and set priority to "below characters" and set trigger to "Player touch". Set options to "direction fix".

3. For the graphic, click on the graphic square and when your character selection comes up, scroll all the way to the bottom and you'll be able to select tiles from your B-E tiles. You'll need a stone floor in one of your B-E tiles.

4. In your command window, set a move event to make "player" jump back. Set Control Self Switch A. Create a new page.

5. In page two, check the self switch box under conditions and make sure it's set to A. Set priority to "same as characters". Tick the "direction fix" option again.

6. Since you'll likely want the lava animated, you'll need to make a character sprite for the lava. Set the graphic to this character sprite.
author=pianotm
Okay. This is a very simple thing to do.

1. Leave the tile space in question blank.

2. Create an event over the blank space and set priority to "below characters" and set trigger to "Player touch". Set options to "direction fix".

3. For the graphic, click on the graphic square and when your character selection comes up, scroll all the way to the bottom and you'll be able to select tiles from your B-E tiles. You'll need a stone floor in one of your B-E tiles.

4. In your command window, set a move event to make "player" jump back. Set Control Self Switch A. Create a new page.

5. In page two, check the self switch box under conditions and make sure it's set to A. Set priority to "same as characters". Tick the "direction fix" option again.

6. Since you'll likely want the lava animated, you'll need to make a character sprite for the lava. Set the graphic to this character sprite.

You lost me 100% at step 4.
pianotm
Your command window of your event. Move event: page 2 on event commands. Control Self Switch A: page 1.
pianotm
You're welcome!
Pages: 1