HOW DO I COMPRESS MY GAME FOR SUBMISSION? RMVX ACE

Pages: 1
Should I just do it through File -> Compress Game Data?

Or should I do it by some other method?

If it should affect my choice, I've got a version of the credits at the end of the game, but I also have them in notepad in the project folder.

You can zip the game folder up (7-zip, rar or winzip are all free programs for this kind of thing). You could also compress, then shove that file in a folder, then zip that up.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
I usually do what Liberty suggests. Compress it with rtp, then extract, add your txt and remove parts of rtp that your game needn't.
I need some further help.

7Zip doesn't seem to be shrinking the file size by a large amount. The expanded size of the project is 52 MB and the zipped size is 43 MB.

Is this an appropriate size or should it be smaller?

If so, could someone give me a hand?
That's a good size, don't worry. The file limit we have on RMN is 400MB, and if a game is over that amount, we do allow links to other download sites (including Dropbox).

With winzip/7zip/winrar, the amount compressed will be based on how big the file is initially anyway. With bigger files you're going to get much more. Getting a 9MB difference is pretty good for a smaller file, so don't fret over it~

Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
In a world where the average hard drive has 500+ gb of space, 52mb is very small. :)
Cool. Thanks for letting me know.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
52mb is nothing! I need to get mine down that small
Your compression shrank file size by 17%. This is a good compression and the 43 MB is a convenient file size.
Pages: 1