OLD/LOST RPGMAKER GAMES - SEGNIN'S RARE/OBSCURE RM GAMES REQUEST TOPIC

author=thestarwizard
Can I request Super Mario RPG : The Seven Sages because I have the game but with base 1.2.1 instead of 1.7.1. In 1.2.1, the game crashs when you return to BeanBean with the item required to continue. Also they took down the MediaFire links and haven't replace it or Super Mario RPG The Starlite World.

grab it from here

https://rmarchiv.tk/games/580

Download Super Mario RPG : The Seven Sages

And if you want Super Mario RPG The Starlite World

Download Super Mario RPG The Starlite World
HI.
How to get : Final fantasy VIII-the sorceress war?
The link here seems broken. Or is it taken down?
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
From the comments on the gamepage, it seems like the link either expired, or otherwise broke. The developer hasn't posted on this site since 2016, so, I can't have high hopes of it being updated.

I don't know if you can take the URL that is referred to by the current download link, and run it through archive.org, and get the game that way. Or what version it would be, as there were bug reports in the comments, and at least one update since it's initial release.
Hey there, newbie here, trying to look for a game that I can't remember the title.

I'm not sure how I stumbled upon this game. I just vaguely remember playing it some years ago. It was a fantasy/adventure game. It started out with a cutscene involving some wizard guy doing magic stuff in what looked like a castle of sorts. There was some backstory provided about what was going on in the game.

After the cutscene, you start the game as a young girl living in a small village (I think she may have had blond hair). Your first couple of quests involve running errands for people like getting groceries for your Grandma and helping out a blacksmith find a bucket of water. I think you get a sword or weapon of sorts for helping out. There was this one part where you run into a group of village boys who tease you for wanting to be an adventurer. There are other areas to explore outside of the village like a meadow inhabited by snake enemies to the north-east of the village and I think there may have been a few ruins here and there. However, to progress further you have to enter into a cave opening at the North end of the map. I remember you get attacked by snake and bat enemies here.

As far as music goes, I don't remember there being any music, just ambient noises like footsteps and talking for the village and singing birds for the meadow.

Unfortunately I didn't get very far because the enemy difficulty was way too high, making it impossible to progress further without dying instantly (that or I wasn't playing the game right). It was a shame too because the game looked great visually and had a lot of potential. Anyone here happen to know what game I'm talking about?
author=Alditrus
Hey there, newbie here, trying to look for a game that I can't remember the title.

Do you remember the engine? Rm2k3, Rm MV, Rmk VX Ace...?
Because something sounds familiar, but it's not a particularly original beginning, so...

author=Alditrus
It was a shame too because the game looked great visually and had a lot of potential.

This can be helpful to know: did it had custom graphics or a typical graphic style of (for example) Rm2k3? I guess not the usual Rtp...
I FOUND IT. THE ORIGINAL HERO STORY DRAGONS

Funny story. My computer crashed, I mean it was completely cooked. To reinstall my windows I had to download a file first from microsoft but couldn't on my main computer cause it wasn't hooked up yet. So wne to my old MAC which still had my windows bootcamp on it. At the time i had to use both for work and run them side by side.

Low and behold I see a fold called Hero story dragons and thought it was just the music. I fucking loved that music. Checked the folder cause i thought "I should back it up just in case". I had to do a double take and I fucking laughed for 10 minutes. It was there. All there.

Now someone tell me how to upload this so we can all enjoy it. Lets do this by the numb3rs
author=TheRpgmakerAddict
Do you remember the engine? Rm2k3, Rm MV, Rmk VX Ace...?
Because something sounds familiar, but it's not a particularly original beginning, so...

Can't remember for the life of me what engine it was unfortunately, just remember it was rpgmaker

author=TheRpgmakerAddict
did it had custom graphics or a typical graphic style of (for example) Rm2k3? I guess not the usual Rtp...

I believe it had a typical graphic style. I think it used the standard tile sets you find in rpgmaker.

Sorry if that's not an awful lot of info to go off of. I can only remember so much.
I wanted to give an update for those curious about the status on this thread. If I haven't updated/overhauled this thread by January 2021, consider this thread abandoned. My life was a bit more stable when I originally started this thread, and I had plans to quietly manage this thread far into the future, as well as collaborating with rmarchive.tk, but things unfortunately change. For a couple of years now, I've tried to get back to a point where I could start working on this again. But life just seems to keep getting in the way and this is not fair to those who want a reference library of rpgmaker games to study from as reference material.

So, in the event that I don't update this thread by January 2021 and someone wants to pick up where I left off: I strongly recommend starting this thread in a new forum because RMN's bbcode is just too hard to work with, it's not worth the trouble - newer forums use bbcode that is much more like microsoft word: making corrections and adding new games to the list will only takes a couple of second. But If you have to use RMN, start from the last post in this thread and work your way backwards, gathering all the downloads users have uploaded here. I have most of the downloads users have posted in this thread, up to 2017-2018 I think?, I just haven't had a chance to organize, upload and add them to the master list yet. So yeah, in the event I haven't updated this by January 2021, someone please take over. It's not fair to those who want to study and play old rpgmaker games.

In the meantime, If you guys can keep your eyes on this thread (Thank You Darken, anyon175, hedge1, Marrend, TheRpgmakerAddict) and continue to help out with small things: like helping DeaneTheMachine upload The Hero Story Dragons to mediafire and grabbing a download of that, getting in touch with TheGameArchivist for Gari, greeting someone whose looking for an old rpgmaker game or downloading any recent uploads that have been posted here. That would be great. But yeah, I apologize to everyone, I'm putting out this warning now to avoid a SegNin like situation - my eyes are going to be off this thread for awhile, so please help out where you can.
By chance does anyone have any of the old rm2k/3 holiday games? Either the one from GGZ or Kobra's Realm? They took place in a cheerful Christmas town and featured the staff members of the websites.

Also looking for Jay's One Stop Pop Shop.

Thanks!
Hello, I noticed that I have a few of the games that are being requested. I haven't personally tested them outside of making sure they start properly, but I'm pretty sure they should have all the files they require and should run as intended barring further updates that I never downloaded. I've kept in save files just in case they were part of the original download since that was sometimes the case back in the day.

RM2K
Stinky's Misadventures ~ Chapter 2: The Long Sands - Demo V3.0
The Sword and the Fish - Version 2 — No clue what's different between this version and the one already on the site, but here it is.

RM2K3
Anastasia ~ this isn't the way things are supposed to be
Anastasia 2 ~ As I ponder weak and weary... — This seems to be just a short teaser for a sequel to the first, I dunno if there was ever more or not.
Earthbound Memoirs — This version's titled "Earthbound 2", but it's definitely the game in question. I don't know if there was ever a later version.
Obama RPG — This demo only has Chapter 1, which I don't believe is the final update ever released according to the RMN page.
Rainbow Nightmare Chapter 1
Tales of Falonia
Wraith — this one looks like it's still up on RMN to me
Wraith: The Second Chapter ~ Sainth
Zelda : Final Apocalypse — The folder and game title are different, but the title screen is the exact same as on the RMN archive page.

This is what I've noticed in the requests. I might post a full list of what I have later in case there's other rare or interesting stuff that people are interested in. I'm almost certainly not Leaving Online anytime soon either so I'll probably download everything that's available in the thread when I have the time and keep them safe for the future. I will say if it's ever possible it's probably preferable for there to be a more dedicated platform for uploads than Mediafire and the like should those ever go down as well.

Also, does anyone remember a Final Fantasy 1 Remake for RPG Maker 2003 that had very 2000's humor and a Castlevania section where you could get Simon Belmont as a party member for some reason? I've looked through the Final Fantasy games on the list but I don't think it's among them.
Great finds, I am interested to see the list. When I am at home I will check these, I normally archive every Rm2k and Rm2k3 game I can find so I will check if I have that FF1 remake
author=STS
RM2K
The Sword and the Fish - Version 2 — No clue what's different between this version and the one already on the site, but here it is.

I checked it and seems almost identical to the version I have (that I do not know if it's the same on this site but I guess so), the only difference is that it includes some extras, like RTP, Font Patch, a Help Guide and little more. I am pretty sure there are no other variations...

author=STS
[Also, does anyone remember a Final Fantasy 1 Remake for RPG Maker 2003 that had very 2000's humor and a Castlevania section where you could get Simon Belmont as a party member for some reason? I've looked through the Final Fantasy games on the list but I don't think it's among them.

I have not one but TWO FF Remake, but they both are demos and I found no Belmont on them...

Heya, so if you actually seek some lost games, i wanna ask two, but i doubt that you can find them, because i seek everywhere and failed, they gone, this is japanese rpg maker games, first one is 星空旅館 Hoshizora Ryokan, as far as i know this is game about two girls who tries escape from abandoned inn, here example of gameplay https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i81-spHlZCI&t=4s and second one is 幽霊女子高生と普通人間 Yūrei mesukōsei to futsū ningen Ghost schoolgirl and ordinary human, gameplay https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Inft1LO1mxI&t=1s. I am sorry to ask this and bother but i just so desperate, all i can say is games were made in 2013, goodluck, if you try to.
author=gorildo
author=Kagutsuchi012
I'm looking for a couple games:

Scelus' Path
Some kind of weird LGBT neopagan Final Fantasy knockoff. Apart from a TV Tropes page, there's basically nothing on the internet about it.

The Empire of Arkantos
An infamously terrible troll game (trailer is NSFW). Apparently not even the creator has a copy anymore.
Empire of Arkantos

https://multiup.org/5aa6a7bd7711c5f9d7a20521db700a3d

Looks like the link is down for this -- anyone still have this one? I love infamously terrible troll games :)
author=DivideByZer0
author=gorildo
author=Kagutsuchi012
I'm looking for a couple games:

Scelus' Path
Some kind of weird LGBT neopagan Final Fantasy knockoff. Apart from a TV Tropes page, there's basically nothing on the internet about it.

The Empire of Arkantos
An infamously terrible troll game (trailer is NSFW). Apparently not even the creator has a copy anymore.
Empire of Arkantos

https://multiup.org/5aa6a7bd7711c5f9d7a20521db700a3d
Looks like the link is down for this -- anyone still have this one? I love infamously terrible troll games :)

Sadly no luck with this. Every link seems down. I was just able to find the creator's page...

greenlight anniversary
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I could swear LordBlueRouge posted about where things could be backed up on, and generally allow the backups of these old games to be a group effort. I'm rifling through his post history as I type.

*Edit: If nothing else, there is...

Some of you may have collected a lot of RM games over time making this topic perfect for you to contribute. It is not advisable to use free upload sites. While they are useful, I want to be able to make a reliable archive to stand the test of time. So if you have a host that would be cool. If the game you are uploading is very small in size, I suggest using RMN's handy locker feature. If you really are desperate and want to do a quick upload, please use anything but rapidshare (megaupload and mediafire is ok).

LBR: stick to using mediafire, or googledrive - Tau's copy of Homeland was taken down over a copyright issue on mediafire. Unless Google Drive's policy on hosting copyright content changes, it should be safe to use for hosting rpgmaker games - but only time will tell if these services will remain reliable.

If you have some hosting and want to host some big games feel free to help out, just make sure you warn us that you're unable to host anymore for whatever reason. Also, if you know the person who made the game that's not on RMN, persuade him/her to put it on RMN!

...this, from the opening post of this thread.
author=DivideByZer0
Kirby Warrior RPG 1:
http://kwrpg.revasser.net/gamedownloads/kwrpg.7z

This is actually the first RPG Maker game I ever played.

The official KWRPG website is still up:

http://kwrpg.revasser.net/

I also just learned that there's a third one.
For @TheGameArchivist :

If you want to upload a big archive for free without paying, you will have to go for temporar solutions, like Swiss Transfer (25 GO max, up to 30 days, can be shared in public by link, you must download the tool, no subscribe) or Smash (no size limit, but is linked to Amazon, so it's stored in Europa and America ; no subscribe, web (no tool to download) unsure if you can make a public link, 7 days duration). There are probably other options, but if you want a big free send, it will be this kind. The only thing to be careful of about theses sites is the security (encoding of files or not).

It's temporar, so you won't have to worry juridic things too much (I would be careful about the second option, though). We will just have to try to not miss that huge package.

Thanks for giving news. :)